- September 21, 2009
- filed under Dan Onorato, Downtown happenings, Eye rolls, Local media, Mayor Ravenstahl, Steelers
1. The next person that emails me along the lines of, “God, Ginny. I expected to see you ranting about Jeff Reed this morning, not see a pigeon post. You better get cracking on the Steelers post,” is going to get evil-eyed by me. First, when last I blogged, I had a one-year-old. Now, I have a two-year old. Would you like me to explain to you in detail the difference between those two, because if you think the answer is “one year,” I have a Sharpie-covered kid I’d like to show you.
Second, most of my posts take me 5 minutes to write. What They’re Really Thinking takes me a good hour. Give me a bit of time.
2. While you’re waiting, feel free to go read my latest column over at the magazine. It’s about the Steelers. I discuss Skippy, The Asshat, and even that horsey-toothed traitor Bill Cowher.
3. One thing keeping me very busy is my whip-cracking (and not in the good way) husband. “Do this. Do that. I need this menu. I need this invitation. I need this sexual harassment policy. I need this insurance. When’s the website going live?” The bad news is I might kill him. The good news is he just took out a killer life insurance policy$$$$. The REALLY good news is that Las Velas Mexican Restaurant finally opens on Friday, October 2 for both lunch and dinner. The restaurant is located above Prantl’s Bakery at 21 Market Street.
I will be there for lunch and dinner on Friday and dinner on Saturday, so please, stop in, spend your money, bail my unemployed butt out, say hello. The food is divine and the margaritas are strong. What more could you want? If you’re a reader, ask for me if you don’t see me so that I can meet you. Maybe I’ll sneak you a free drink if that pigeon-loving, whip-cracking son of a mother doesn’t catch me doing it.
4. It’s Monday. Good day for a good cry. Reader Emily linked me to these beautifully photographed photos of Kelly Frey and her husband Jason. Here’s a reminder why the photos are so heart-wrenching. Still praying for that miracle.
5. From Steely McStupid. HAH!:
6. If you haven’t commented yet to be entered to win Steelers tickets, go do it. Also, I’ve got another giveaway happening in October. One lucky winner is winning several awesome prizes.
7. Ruth Ann Daily says “We are ready!”
8. We are also ready to close up shop. Take a look at the latest list of schools, cultural centers, businesses, etc. that are closing for the G-20.
9. The P-G (pronounced П Г in Russian [GENO!!!]) scored a sit down interview with President Obama in which he said:
“We look forward to seeing the people of Pittsburgh.”
Let’s see, 1. Luke Ravenstahl 2. Dan Onorato 3. Convention center employee 4. Hotel employee
So FOUR, he will be seeing FOUR people of Pittsburgh. Represent!
He also said:
“Mayor Ravenstahl I think has really led the charge on this. Governor Rendell has been terrific. So across the board, what you’ve seen, I think, is the best civic spirit.”
Somewhere, Dan Onorato is all, “WTF?!”