Stinky stink.

Here is a picture sent in from reader/blogger/twitterererer/funny guy Magnus Patris:

Now THAT is worth dangling from the West End Bridge for. (OMG, you guys, and you know who I’m looking at, PLEASE STOP TAKING EVERYTHING I WRITE SO SERIOUSLY!  Damn anarchists, go bother a capitalist pig for a change and leave me alone.)

Oh, yeah, by the way, that stench of rotting, decaying, putrefied flesh coming from the North Side is surprisingly not un-showered hippies, but is from none other than our Buccos of Suckitude, miserably crawling hand and knee through the barren desert that is the last of the baseball season, carrying on their shoulders the weight of a .373 record and the worst stretch of games (3-22) since 1890.  No, I didn’t invert any numbers. Not 1980, not 1908 .. EIGHTEEN NINETY.

It’s almost comical.

Also,

“It always looks bad when you’re not scoring and the other team’s scoring [a bunch],” Russell said.

GENIUS!!!!

Also, why do you suppose they put “a bunch” in brackets? Me? I like to believe it’s because John Russell said, “It always looks bad when you’re not scoring and the other team’s scoring a shitload of mothereffin’ runs.”

1. CrashJK
    September 24, 2009 1:14 pm

Bwahahahahahha….that is classic !!!
    Here I thought you had been boarded up behind plywood somewhere in Market Square and couldn’t access a PC.

2. PBJNancy
    September 24, 2009 1:15 pm

MagnusPatris says if he realized how popular the image would be he’d have spent more than 5 minutes with it in Photoshop… thanks for giving him credit! (MP’s wife MagnusMatris, aka PBJNancy

3. BlueNumber2
    September 24, 2009 1:19 pm

I hear there’s a really great pitcher available in the draft that the Pirates could get if they tank enough to have the worst record. I think they are doing a masterful job of reaching that goal.

See…ya gotta look at things from a different perspective…the big picture!

4. Martin Silenus
    September 24, 2009 1:26 pm

Couldn’t the City just seize the Pirates under Eminent Domain? Maybe we could put in a Green Bay Packers-style municipal ownership. Could that possibly worse than what the current owners are doing?

5. fone guy stan
    September 24, 2009 1:51 pm

The Pirates are still playing? I thought they all went home already. Last time I looked, they were one up from last place. Maybe they do have a chance to be THE worst team for the season.

6. Sooska
    September 24, 2009 2:14 pm

I heard a radio spot for the Pirates yesterday-the first in a long time. Well, truthfully, it wasn’t so much for the Pirates, but for PNC Park and it’s all you can eat section: hot dogs, french fries, popcorn, pizza…no “baseball” mentioned.

(hilarious PS btw)

7. cathy
    September 24, 2009 2:45 pm

It’s almost comical. —- if it were not so sad… :-(

8. Summer
    September 24, 2009 4:25 pm

Taking my four-year-old nephew to the game Saturday (mostly for free Museum admission and fireworks, but whatev), so am praying that the Pirates at least play well, if not win.

Please, Pirates, don’t ruin a small boy’s love of baseball.

9. Andrew Germeyer
    September 24, 2009 5:39 pm

That is the funniest picture I have ever seen. Presently suffering from a cold, good thing I have off for the g-20, AND HAVE BEEN BROODING ABOUT TAKING OUT MY HIPPIE BEATER (Louisville slugger) to help the cops to get our town back, but the picture just calmed me down a little. Where’s James Harrison and Troy Polamalu, or even Ulf Samuelson and Brooks Orpick when you need them to lay out some hits on these stupid hippies and ancharchists. Do they realize the government hires the police forces that keep people like me at bay? I just wanna raise my son well, treat my girlfriend like gold, and play some sports to keep in shape. Police keep me in line so I don’t go hippie bashing. That’s all. A little riled up still I guess

10. Justin
    September 24, 2009 9:28 pm

i just noticed for the first time the baseball in the river holding up the white flag. hilarious! keep writing!!

September 24, 2009 9:32 pm

*sobs quietly*

12. PittCheMBA
    September 24, 2009 11:25 pm

Gotta luv Photoshop, Priceless!

13. chutneycarnival
    September 25, 2009 11:51 am

that is an excellent photoshop! the creator should send it to the team’s owners.

14. Magus Patris
    September 25, 2009 2:28 pm

I’m glad everyone liked the Photoshop of the banner. I’m sure the Pirates have seen it. That’s Ginny for showing my work. You ‘da (wo)man!

September 25, 2009 2:57 pm

The cool part is, you didn’t even have to ‘shop what looks like four Pirates fans in black and gold who decided to hang themselves from the yardarm.

Arrrr.

16. Pingback: I love my hometown. « Jo Elless. Is jealous.