Now that the G-20 is wrapped up with a pretty bow and shipped away, and now that the garbage cans have returned to the city sidewalks, which of course Lukey was going to protect his garbage cans, he paid a QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS for those puppies, just a few final thoughts:
1. A bartender at a local eatery told my husband that a group of anarchists were in there having a meal, bragging about the “destruction” they rained down on Pittsburgh, etc. and after their meal was over the little whippersnappers paid with a bank card. No Banks! No Borders!
2. Nicky Sarkozy never called me for a drink. (I’ve been informed via twitter that both sadcakes and sad panda are outdated and I’m lame if I continue to use them, so for now I’ll say … poopers!) Poopers.
3. In hindsight, on the whole, I thought the G-20 was handled exceptionally well and I thought Pittsburgh, the city not the people because we the people were in hiding, looked beautiful for the event. I’m thrilled that no businesses went down in flames, that no police were injured (that I know of), and that police/civilian relations were for the most part uneventful. I imagine this successful G-20 will reflect well on Lukey and Danny Boy come election time.
4. Reader Dan Meyers has some of the best-edited G-20 protest videos I’ve seen, so be sure to check out the odd, adorable, and humorous characters he got on video. Also, he clearly has an eye for a pretty face because there are some major cutie-pie protesters in that video.
5. Reader Sean Colombo did his thing with his camera and came away with an excellent dumpster-rolling picture and a few shots of a local woman providing ice water for the police (his site seems to be down for the moment. Try again soon).
6. I’m horrible for having not linked you over there yet, but one of the best outcomes of the G-20 being held in Pittsburgh was the fodder it provided to the Angry Drunk Bureaucrat to be hilariously awesome. Go read what he wrote over the past two weeks. You’ll pee your pants, I promise you.
7. You agree with me, don’t you, that the physical damage to Pittsburgh’s store fronts was not horribly bad, right? Check out how one anarchist described the “destruction” on one of their forums:
The Insurrectionary forces of orgiastic violence showed great discipline in their four rounds of ultra-violence through pittsburgh violence today. 1st round: dumpters, tear gas, shit. 2nd round: a bank. 3rd round: cops hit, flares off, multiple businesses destroyed. 4th round: a night of pure rage, mcdonalds, right aid, american apparel, recruiting station, police station, bagels, cars, windows, homophobes, cops, every single store on the path of war was made obsolete in greatness and glory, dumpsters on fire, cop windshields cracked, and on top of that, students, togas and utter madness. can’t stop the chaos.
Silly anarchists! Lies are for politicians.
Also, Insurrectionary Forces of Orgiastic Violence would make a GREAT death metal band name.
(h/t Steely McStupid)