- September 30, 2009
- filed under City Council, Downtown happenings, Penguins, Pirates, Steelers, Troy Polamalu
1. Late late post today because I was busy getting my ass kicked by a Mexican restaurant. The website is now live thanks to my former butler Woy who was kind enough to help me deal with widgets late into last night. I hate widgets. Pretty sure Satan created widgets to only work properly on the Beelzebub XP operating system because for a non-tech savvy person, widgets R HARD! This is pretty much how yesterday went:
Me: Kill the widget.
Mike: Why do you want to kill the widget?
Me: Because the widget is stupid and evil and it needs to die. Kill the widget.
Mike: Let me try to fix the widget before you go ninja on the widget.
Me: I hate widgets. Who invented widgets?
Mike: Let’s stop saying widget.
Me: Yeah, let’s call them sausages, because sausages is a fun word to say.
2. Speaking of my former butler, Mike and I will be presenting a session at this year’s PodCamp Pittsburgh which takes place Saturday and Sunday October 10-11 at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, home of badass dinosaur Creation Rex.
Mike and I will present our session Saturday at 3:00 p.m. called “Shutting Down Your Blog: A Case Study of The Burgh Blog.” Mike and I will recount making the decision to kill the blog and the general madness and mayhem involved in the actual killing of the blog. Very bloody stuff. The conference itself is free; however, there are almost 400 people registered to attend this year so if you are able to afford it, buy the VIP ticket at $20 to help the organizers pay for the food to feed your faces. I was told I would be “fingerhearted”, which sounds dirty, if I encouraged you to buy VIP tickets.
I hope to meet some of you there!
3. John Kish, the first winner of the Steelers/Chargers www.ineedtwo.com ticket giveaway never claimed them, so the Random Number Generator picked number 888 (I KNOW!) and that belonged to Amanda Gornic who has claimed the tickets. Tomorrow, watch the site for a new giveaway. Not Steelers tickets, but several other great prizes. Giant thanks to Dom at www.ineedtwo.com for providing the tickets!
4. Swear to you, I saw this headline …
… and I was all, “OMG! THEY’RE COUNTING DOWN HOW MANY FANS THE PIRATES STILL HAVE?!?”
I didn’t know “fan” meant strikeout. Learned something today.
5. Troysus may play Sunday. That is all.
6. Sometimes, all it takes for me to laugh at a Craigslist post is a spelling error.
7. Best parts of yesterday’s EWWWWWWWWWWWWW! REUSABLE TAMPONS post comments: The new meaning reader Bluzdude gave to “I bleed black and gold” and the commenter “Guest” who wrote, “[Your] irrational disgust towards menstruation and its products says more about your discomfort with your own body than anything else. I’m amazed you can even be around yourself while on your period.”
Well, my period is kind of like my shadow, Guest, so it’s not like I have a choice.
8. Pittsburgh Sports and Mini Ponies reports that Billy Guerin will be photographed naked — HEY! Come back here! He’s not naked yet and I haven’t even told you where to look. God, ladies. It will be for ESPN Magazine’s the Body issue which will feature nekkid athletes, one of whom is Serena Williams. I gotta tell you, seeing Serena Williams naked is a terrifying thought for me.
Oh, let me save you the trouble, you critics of mine so you don’t even have to formulate your comment: I’m uncomfortable with my body and with the idea of a woman being built like a man and that’s why I don’t want to see Serena Williams naked when if I was a better person, a more open-minded woman, a woman who was comfortable with her menstruation cycle, I would cherish the thought of seeing Serena Williams naked and I would be empowered if there were a black and gold string peeking out of her bajingo.
GASP! I WENT THERE!