One week.

Many of you have emailed me wanting to know if there had been any update on Kelly Frey’s baby Bennett Ryan.

Last night I received an email from Heather, the photographer charged with documenting Bennett’s birth and life, letting me know that she had new images of the baby, who is now one-week-old, breathing on his own, and still in need of prayers and good thoughts.

Prepare yourself for more tears before you click here.

1. Jessica
    October 1, 2009 7:53 am

Thanks so much for this.

2. La Reina
    October 1, 2009 8:09 am

Thanks, I have been thinking of Kelly and family, and hoping for the best.

3. Z
    October 1, 2009 8:27 am

Thanks for the update. Please continue to keep us posted.

4. Sexy Jesus
    October 1, 2009 8:44 am

Words fail me, but beautiful, hopeful, strong, faithful and loving keep popping up, and that can’t be a bad thing. Thank you for this.

5. chrys
    October 1, 2009 9:29 am

Thank you for the update. He is a precious little baby. :) I am so happy to hear the news. I will continue to keep their family in my prayers.

6. G-Man
    October 1, 2009 9:38 am

Ginny, thanks for the reminder that each day of life is made up of miracles, some tiny, some huge. But definitely miracles.

7. Kristie
    October 1, 2009 9:51 am

Thank you for the update. I’ve been wondering how baby Bennett & the family have been doing. I’ll keep them in my prayers.

8. Karyn
    October 1, 2009 10:35 am

Thank you so much for posting this. My husband and I welcomed our daughter into this world 3 months early. She only weighed 1 lb, 7 oz and was very close to not making it several times. She’s an amazing (almost) 9 month old now but Kelly’s story has weighed heavily on my mind and heart. My family will keep her’s in our thoughts and prayers.

9. Erin
    October 1, 2009 11:11 am

I am crying. Thank you for this. I hope Kelly and Jason know we are all pulling for them!

10. Emilie
    October 1, 2009 12:02 pm

What a true miracle. Things like this just strengthen my faith in a higher power. I can only continue to pray for Kelly, Jason and Bennett. God is certainly holding these three in the palm of his hands. Thank you so much for sharing!

11. Lea
    October 1, 2009 5:59 pm

Thank you for the update. He is beautiful and perfect.

12. RIZZO
    October 1, 2009 6:28 pm

That’s AWESOME! Sometimes things like this really can make one believe that the power of prayer really does work!
    Best wishes, and that baby IS in my prayersm

13. Kelly
    October 2, 2009 6:20 am

Thanks for posting this. I was just telling my husband about their story and said I had to check in and see how the baby was doing. So touching – they truly are strong people and I’m so glad they’re getting time with him that they never thought they’d have.
    I am praying for all 3 of them. . .

14. mudbugs
    October 2, 2009 3:30 pm

Thank you for the update. I wanted to post every day in the past week and ask if you had heard anything, but I was afraid to. As soon as I saw the title “One Week”, I knew what this topic would be about.

I am still praying.

15. Megan
    October 4, 2009 5:13 am

As the mom of a premie, who was never supposed to be born let alone develop as beautifully as he is at 16+mos, I am sooooo glad they are getting to hold their son! Just overjoyed for them right now and continue prayers for them all! Thanks for update.

16. Kathy
    October 5, 2009 9:30 am

Thanks for the update. What an amazing story and such gorgeous pictures!!

17. Michael C
    October 5, 2009 9:49 am

It just tells you how great our hospitals are here in Pittsburgh! Magee and Children’s Saved my baby’s life when they told us he was not going to survive 24 hours. Now, he is walking into my bathroom every morning preventing me from taking a quick shower! Our prayers are with this wonder-baby and his incredible family. We have been there and know what they are going through, God be with them all.

18. Julie in NYC
    October 5, 2009 11:21 am

Crying once again while looking at these pictures…and marveling in the miracle that is Bennett Ryan. Thank you so much for the update!

19. Kathleen
    October 16, 2009 8:29 am

All God asks us to do is BELIEVE! Miracles do happen and Bennett Ryan is living proof that God is still in the miracle working business!