A note on facebook.

Many of you have added my “Ginny Montanez” profile as a friend on facebook, and as you’ll notice, I haven’t accepted those requests.  It has nothing to do with me not wanting to be your friend.  It has everything to do with the fact that my last status said this:

facebook status

Yeah, exactly.

It has to do with the fact that my sisters and my high school and college friends like to post very unflattering pictures of me looking like any of the following: Pocahontas as a 6-year-old, a pudgy curly-haired dork with Ken Rice eyebrows, wearing almost black lipstick, or a teenager with glasses dancing with her teenage crush, the pastor’s son, who is looking around like he’d rather be anywhere else than dancing with her while she basically has stars in her eyes and what looks like a Webkinz glued to the side of her head (Tina Fey’s description of it) all the while wearing the most hideous blue taffeta and lace creation in the history of dresses.

NONE of those are Halloween costumes by the way.  Just my old dorky, nerdy, pudgy self.

So, to sum up, the reason I keep my “Jane Pitt” friends separate from those friends that I have grown up with is because, well, I’m not ready to take the mystery out of our relationship.

Maybe someday, but for now, here’s a taste of what I don’t want you to see:

I know.

1. Big John
    October 7, 2009 7:21 am

Yeah, we all have a few of those pictures too. I understand completely.

2. MN
    October 7, 2009 7:29 am

Brings back memories of my prom photos…in the one taken by the “professional”, my eyes were closed. I gave it to my date and told him he could just cut me out of it!

3. Lisa J
    October 7, 2009 7:29 am

OMG!! I had that same dress in emerald green! I burned those pictures (I hope).

4. Dana
    October 7, 2009 7:35 am

So when I looked at yesterdays post, I was all… “Ginny and her sister’s middle name is David?! WTF?!” Then I realized it was your maiden name. D’oh.

5. Tina Fey
    October 7, 2009 7:35 am

Ginger, Best picture ever!!! Also, Daniel has that Webkinz. He named it Scratch.

6. SpudMom
    October 7, 2009 7:36 am

Wow, Ginny. I can only call that a frock. Quite a frock, in fact.

7. Fonda Bruises
    October 7, 2009 7:59 am

OMG I think I totally wore that exact same dress in a wedding in 1985! Same exact color even. I will have to look for photos!

8. Vivian formerly NYLuvsPitts
    October 7, 2009 8:04 am

I have a bridesmaid dress that color…or at least I had. I think I threw it out. Oh how we love the ’80s.

9. Marcy
    October 7, 2009 8:04 am

Whew! For a second there I thought that you were one of those people who share a Facebook and email with their spouse…what a relief!

10. Wckdcll
    October 7, 2009 8:05 am

WOW…..Think that’s all I got Ginny, WOW! I have a few myself never to be seen without going to good ole mom’s!! You should have hidden those girl!!!

11. bluzdude
    October 7, 2009 8:16 am

I recently had a prom pic of me (in the background) surface on Facebook.

Gah! I can’t believe my parents let me out of the house wearing such a bad suit, let alone the bad moustache. The 80’s have nothing on the 70’s, as far as bad fashion goes.

12. PG Wodehouse
    October 7, 2009 8:16 am

That dress is frockin’ awesome

13. JenEngland
    October 7, 2009 8:17 am

OMG, my prom dress AND my bridesmaid dresses (long story) were made out of that same material. I however NEVER wore a webkinz on my head! LOL! Cleaned plenty o poop out of the bath tub though. :)

October 7, 2009 8:25 am

hawt.

15. Ohio sister
    October 7, 2009 8:51 am

Everytime I see that picture…I crack up! I wore that dress too. Did all 5 of us wear it at one time?

16. Donncha
    October 7, 2009 8:57 am

You look like Ernie from “My Three Sons,” in drag.

17. Dan (Not running for Gov'nah)
    October 7, 2009 9:14 am

Im just glad to see youre human Ginny…

Thanks!

18. Pens Fan
    October 7, 2009 9:34 am

Very Brave Gin! And hell to the no I never wore that dress. I believe I am the only one with STYLE! Ha – just kidding please don’t post any hideous pictures of me. :)

19. John
    October 7, 2009 9:48 am

Ugly Duckling grows up to be a BEAUTIFUL SWAN.

20. Leslie
    October 7, 2009 9:56 am

Totally understandable. Luckily, the earliest photos of me to show up have been from college, and thus far haven’t been too hideous. I wore a dress very similar to the above to a 1987 homecoming dance though. In hot pink.

21. Stacey
    October 7, 2009 10:04 am

I totally love that we get all the PittGirl family commenting now that Ginny outed herself. It’s so entertaining!!!

22. Martin Silenus
    October 7, 2009 10:23 am

Martin Silenus likes this.

23. Jen
    October 7, 2009 10:28 am

oh awesome. HAWT, even.

Rest assured that we ALL have those pictures from way back when. What the hell was wrong with the 80s? I think everyone was high on AquaNet & didn’t realize how dumb we all looked.

24. Nunyabidness
    October 7, 2009 10:41 am

I can’t believe people actually tried to add you as a friend. Hmph. Even though we know your identity many of the folks who are asking wouldn’t want to be your friend if they didn’t know you used to be PittGirl. I mean, not that it wouldn’t be nice to be your friend…you know what I mean. : )

25. matt
    October 7, 2009 10:41 am

Maybe THAT’s the prize you should be giving out next time: An accepted friendship to your “real” Facebook account.

26. Dan (Not running for Gov'nah)
    October 7, 2009 10:46 am

I hope that the Duke or any of his fug-bunnies check out this post….they need ammo

27. USCMike
    October 7, 2009 10:48 am

Oh heck Ginny, if we all burned the ancient pictures of us in horrible gowns (tuxes, and heaven help me, a leisure suit, in my case), we’d increase global warming!!

You just have to hope you never tick off one of your relatives to the point where they post them in an open album on Shutterfly!

28. Amy
    October 7, 2009 10:57 am

Hey there! How about doing the top 100 WTF moments of 2009 for December. There have got to be at least that many!

29. Uncle Crappy
    October 7, 2009 10:57 am

For my senior prom, I wore a tux that would have matched that dress perfectly.

30. justagirl
    October 7, 2009 10:59 am

I had a very similar prom dress one year. No taffeta, but bigger poof sleeves. This is when I thank God that I have no sisters, only a brother, that he likes me, and that neither of us was a camera kind of person.

31. Kimly
    October 7, 2009 11:01 am

Aww. This photo isn’t that bad, it’s just adolescence, in all its gawky glory.

32. jennviolet
    October 7, 2009 11:03 am

Oh dear. I have no words. Kudos to you though. It’s perfectly reasonable to keep the two profiles seperate. Agree w/ Nunya above. You know I heart you whole bunches, but I’d think it a little creepy once fans try to get in on your personal life like that. There are lines people.

@Dan, I love new spin on your name. Had to mention it.

33. justagirl
    October 7, 2009 11:14 am

You should collect matching photos of your minions in hideous dresses and tuxes. Call it the Frock and Awe Collection. (My boyfriend’s comment when he saw the photo being, “How many Frock and Awe jokes?”)

34. OutofPitt
    October 7, 2009 11:25 am

Careful or someone will submit your status to stfuparents.tumblr.com!

October 7, 2009 11:52 am

Looks exactly like me and Mrs. Daddy at our wedding. I’m the guy on the left.

36. President Pigeon
    October 7, 2009 11:58 am

I don’t think a pigeon would even poop on that dress.

37. Elmer Palmer
    October 7, 2009 12:28 pm

Ken,

Why so sad about your distinctive eyebrows?

38. chrys
    October 7, 2009 1:58 pm

LMAO!!!! I have to hop on the bandwagon too.. we all have “lovely” pictures like that. I hate when my Mom starts feeling nostalgic and flips thru pics. Hey I don’t mind when she pulls out pics of my siblings, but I can do without seeing me in the seafoam green stapless dress I wore to a choral banquet.. ugh.. the hair alone was awful. LOL! The 80s were not kind.. :P

39. Kathy
    October 7, 2009 3:55 pm

Be glad. I chose a gold, sparkle-covered (the sew-on kind) strapless dress with a gold chiffon – I don’t know what you call it – puff? around my hips. And about a can of Aqua Net (give it up for da ‘Net!). You look quite fashionable, by comparison.

40. Johnaz6312
    October 7, 2009 6:29 pm

LOL. This is why I am NOT on Facebook and never will be.

41. scottie
    October 7, 2009 8:59 pm

when i look at pics like that of matt, i wonder if the 80s were just THAT bad, or if I’M actually the good-looking brother!…at least @ 16ish years old.

42. Maria
    October 7, 2009 9:07 pm

Aw, but it’s such a cute picture!

AND, you should know that awkward girls grow up to have the most personality anyways, so it wasn’t all bad.

Well… that dress might be all bad. :)

43. John in the Rocks
    October 8, 2009 7:21 am

Great picture, Ginny. Seriously. Totally. What? :)

44. Stacie
    October 8, 2009 7:38 am

Why do teenagers look so beautiful nearly all the time now?!?!?

My dress was fuschia LACE with dyed-to-match fuschia LACE shoes. Super cool. :)

45. Kathy
    October 8, 2009 10:36 am

At least it is only your prom. I got married just before the fashions changed so in all my wedding pictures I have on a dress with a high neck a really puffy shoulders. You can’t really bury all of your wedding pictures.

46. red pen mama
    October 8, 2009 10:42 am

But, see, this just proves you’re human! And a mom! like so many of your minions. :)

ciao,