A-wooooo. A-wooooo.

Noticed this on the P-G site:

petghost

First thing I did was laugh out loud, because sure I’ve heard people tell stories of being visited by ghosts, but never have I heard anyone say their pet’s ghost had visited them, and also, why is one of America’s Great Newspapers asking people to admit they’ve been visited by the ghost of their cockatoo?

Second thing I did was google “pet ghost” to see if this was a common thing, this pet ghost spotting.

I didn’t find much by way of pet ghosts other than a few odd photos that don’t show anything but shadows, but I did stumble on this site which definitely has a few freaky images mixed in with batshit crazy people like these:

petghost2

Uh, that’s a balloon animal, right?

And this one made me laugh, too:

petghost3

You’re in luck, because I am a Ghost Whisperer and that ghost is trying to say, “Disable your flash, you nincompoop. A-woooo.”  Srsly.

petghost4Is this a Rorschach test? If so, my answer is “butterfly”, not wait, “blob”, no wait “David Conrad eating a sandwich and blowing me a kiss.” Yeah, that last one.

1. L-A
    October 8, 2009 12:10 pm

Ever watch Ghost Adventures? Besides the main dude being a complete tool, it’s creeptastic fun.

2. mechel
    October 8, 2009 12:17 pm

Wow…. pet ghosts huh? If you step in some ghost pet poop, then maybe I will believe.This is too funny. The second story is the best. Maybe he is at your ear to tell you that you are an idiot!

3. mfj
    October 8, 2009 12:23 pm

Judging from Great Grandpa’s uniform, I would guess he was an officer in the Lemonhead Revolt of 1879.

4. Jagoff
    October 8, 2009 12:26 pm

I thought the second photo was a tattoo on some guy’s head. I’m a weird dude.

5. wshicldtel
    October 8, 2009 12:34 pm

I totally get the tattooed head before I can see the step father……I actually thought it was a dog, thus the pet ghost!

6. PG Wodehouse
    October 8, 2009 12:51 pm

My thought on the third one is that it is a gopher with a blowtorch trying to cut through the roof of his burrow.

7. Pa-pop
    October 8, 2009 1:01 pm

Okay, that moon shot photo? Not sure about the thing on the left but the image on the right is definitely a frog with outrageously huge balls. Or humongous boobs – in which case they are being licked by some unknown creature on the left with a faint tail. Either way, in this context the expression on the pop-eyed frog’s face is priceless.

Gotta go. Time for my meds.

8. JennyMoon
    October 8, 2009 1:37 pm

fairy? or giant mosquito? duh!

9. justagirl
    October 8, 2009 3:34 pm

Is it normal to have a nativity scene done in shower tile? I’m so glad he tells us where he got the moon photo but not where the hell that came from…

And yes, the faerie is definitely a balloon animal. I think I can make one of those.

10. bluzdude
    October 8, 2009 3:36 pm

Moon blot = Turtle with his shell falling off the back. Duh…

11. Still A, Fan
    October 8, 2009 4:33 pm

Moon blot = Snamel

A rare cross breeding when a snail falls for the lines of a drunk camel after 2 AM.

tattoo on a bald guys head i didn’t get. but after going back and looking, i totally laughed out loud and had people in the room asking me what was so funny. they failed to see the humor. silly rabbits.

12. Still A, Fan
    October 8, 2009 4:37 pm

grandpa? oh yeah, he was 2nd lieutenant in the poofy-footed chameleon division.

13. Still A, Fan
    October 8, 2009 4:40 pm

i am having way too much fun with this post. i just figured out what the thing in the graveyard is. it’s the star of bethlehem! look at the tacky tile picture! it’s totally the same thing!!!

14. Pensgirl
    October 8, 2009 6:10 pm

I have stared at that second picture for several minutes and the only thing I see is that the shadows above the top blob of light to the right of the face seem to form the Pens’ skating Penguin logo. Which I think proves one thing definitively: watching the Pens two nights in a row has burned their logo into my retinas.

15. Jsgurl
    October 8, 2009 8:10 pm

I had a dog ghost in my base housing home on Camp Foster in Okinawa, Japan. It would sigh, make scratching noises and etc (usually happy or content type sounds). I would turn around and expect to see my dog where the noses were only to find out the dog was outside, in the other direction. My dog and it were buds. At least that house didn’t have a real ghost like my prior house there did.

16. American Girl
    October 8, 2009 8:33 pm

In college, I moved into a house with 3 others… I was the first to notice our ghost cat. It would try to trip me when I was carrying laundry. My roommate “saw” it next, she was sure there was a cat sitting next to her on the sofa. Finally, a third housemate (opposed to pets) informed us she had an experience with the ghost cat she had derisively named “Figment”. We asked the landlord and he confirmed an older woman had lived there with a cat, but he didn’t think she had it when she moved out. After that… we adopted a cat and never saw Figment again. Of course, it was college and we did drink a lot…

17. Bojack
    October 8, 2009 8:40 pm

WARNING!!!!!! WARNING!!!!!!!

Large numbers of angry, malevolent dead pigeon ghosts have been reported stalking famous pigeon-haters!!

18. Tina Fey
    October 8, 2009 8:51 pm

I thought the last one was a black and white picture of a melanoma.

19. Julie
    October 9, 2009 5:24 am

My mother claims to have experienced this ‘pet ghost’ thing after a beloved family dog passed away…she thinks she hears her collar or feels her jumping on the bed…

i think its more like thinking you feel your phone vibrating when its really not..which I think has happened to many of us, no?

as for the rest of this stuff…ha!

20. Amy
    October 9, 2009 6:02 am

Since when is “fairy” spelled “faerie”? Weirdos.

21. Magus Patris
    October 9, 2009 6:19 am

#21 Amy, apparently “fairy” is politically incorrect now.

22. justagirl
    October 9, 2009 6:34 am

Well. I feel better that I’m not the only person who keeps coming back to this and laughing. Now that it’s been pointed out, grandfather’s ghost *totally* looks like a tattoo on a bald guy’s head to me.

And for some reason, it looks like one of the magis is holding some sparking dynamite rather than a gift that is uncomfortably close to the Star of Bethlehem in the tile Nativity Scene. Magi gonna blow them up some Jesus.

Yeah. *facepalms* See you in church on Sunday as I repent for that one.

23. bluzdude
    October 9, 2009 6:59 am

A “Faerie” is a Fairy with an English accent.

24. pghgeorge
    October 9, 2009 7:12 am

There’s a pigeon in my attic. Does that count as a haunting?

25. Sofa King
    October 9, 2009 7:45 am

I can see #2 as a bald guy’s head, but my first thought was either a cushioned toilet seat or an oversized whoopee cushion- either of which would make for a curious place to put a picture of your dead great-grandfather.

October 9, 2009 8:26 am

The tropical fish, hundreds of them. They haunt my nightmares. They say, “Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuucdaddy, you’re gonna sleeeeeeeeeep with the fisheeeeeeeeeeeeeees.”

27. Jill
    October 9, 2009 9:14 am

@ Sofa King (#26) That is the funniest comment in the history of That’s Church/BurghBlog. Seriously, Ginny, can you give him a prize?

28. Chris T
    October 9, 2009 3:48 pm

NEWFLASH! The Nobel Committee has just announced they are giving you the Nobel Prize for Literature, because someday, maybe, you will write something very profound.

Congratulations!

PS. I personally think everything you write is profound, but you know how persnickety those Norwegians are.

October 10, 2009 6:52 am