- October 12, 2009
- filed under Celebrity sightings, Downtown happenings, Hot Burghers, Steelers, Weather
1. Guess what I wrote my December Pittsburgh Magazine column about last night at 1:30 in the morning? You’ll never guess. WINTER!
Tina Fey’s response after she proofread it for me:
Ha Ha, you did it on winter. I seriously rock. Excellent article. It made me wish I lived there…as usual. I like to pretend it’s winter by wearing my coat and boots regardless of the fact that it’s 70 degrees and sunny most days. I just sweat a lot and wear lots of deodorant. Texas, in case I haven’t said it recently, sucks. So, when did you decide my idea about weather was genius?
And you thought I had a big giant ego.
But, yeah, a column to get you prepared for the long winter ahead. I hope you enjoy it once it goes live and to print. Some of you gave me some great suggestions that I hope to put to use in the future.
2. What They’re Really Thinking will be late today. You will live.
3. I spent Saturday at PodCamp Pittsburgh 4 (Sold out, bitches). First I went to Burgh Baby‘s session to learn about blog fodder, along with what seemed like 400 people jammed into the room. Then, I sat in on Mikey and Big Bob’s session on why you shouldn’t tweet your poop. And you think I’m making that up, but I’m not. Big Bob once tweeted a picture of his poop and lost like 300 followers. Two days after their session and you can already buy the shirt they inspired!
My session with Mike Woycheck was incredibly nerve-wracking for me at first. I think after about 20 or 30 minutes into our presentation, I finally calmed down enough to be myself and not just a nervous version of myself. We talked about why I started the blog, why I closed it down, why I started it back up (whoa, flip-flopper!), the real story behind the CNN interview, why I’m so shy and lots of other fun stuff. The video of the session will be available soon and I’ll let you know when.
Here I am answering a question and looking important because I’m holding a water bottle:
Here I am, with iJustine, who is going to be on Law and Order: SVU next month:
Are we not like day and night? Ebony and ivory? Oranges and apples? Blond and brunette? Perky and shy? Young and older-ish?
Here’s a funny fact I learned while chatting with her: iJustine and I both wanted to be astronauts when we were teenagers.
We would have rocked those space suits and that slow-motion-heading-for-the-launch-pad walk. Hard.
I told Justine that I would try to find my senior picture from high school because, well, let’s just say that it incorporated some NASA imagery and leave it at that. Dear friends and family, if you have that picture you better keep it to yourself or I will kill your pets, PETA be damned.
PodCamp was absolutely a highlight of my year and I’ll be back every year from here on out, hopefully learning other life lessons as valuable as “don’t tweet your poop” and “don’t drink everything you’re handed.”
4. Now that I survived PodCamp, I’ll hopefully have an easier time surviving Pittsburgh Young Professional’s ESPRIT event this Friday where I’m to be a guest bartender. I’ve been assured I’m only serving beer and wine and therefore will not need to know the ingredients of any actual drinks. I’m bringing my sister Tammy/Pens Fan with me as my date. I believe I’m paired with Jim Lokay for this bartending gig starting at 7:00 p.m. and we are totally going to go Cocktail on your asses. Twirling bottles of wine. Juggling bottles of beer between the two of us. Possibly lighting liquids on fire. Probably being asked to leave because of all the broken glass we generate. Fun times!
5. Finally, I have so many things I want to write about, including a quick giveaway, and I’m going to get to those things tonight. In the meantime, here’s Daniel Sepulveda looking like he wants us to rip his shirt off:
Someone find him and oblige him.