1. My aunt got a new dog, and my mother took to facebook to badger her to post a picture of said new dog, and THIS happened:
My mother immediately deleted the conversation when she saw what she had written, but not before her quick-thinking daughter grabbed a screen-shot of it, to which my mother responded, “You are such a brat.”
I’ll wear that shoe.
2. If you’re wanting to gaze on God’s perfect creation Daniel Sepulveda in the flesh … … … I’m sorry, where were we? Right. Daniel Sepulveda in the flesh … … … … … [sigh] … … okay, I’m back. You’re in luck! He’ll be at Hometowne Sports in Station Square on October 24.
3. Last year I brought this event to your attention because you know how I feel about sick kids, and speaking of which, there’s still conversations with organizations happening on the back end here regarding getting those kids that game room at Childrens, so stay tuned.
I”m talking about the Brewing up a Cure event this Saturday, October 17 which supports the fight against Cystic Fibrosis. This event helps kids like Sadie, who I wrote about last year. Sadie is five now and started kindergarten:
I’m not going to write about the prognosis and life expectancy for children with Cystic Fibrosis here because Sadie’s parents are reading, and you know, they’re well aware of it and I bet it’s a gut punch to be reminded of it.
VIP tickets are sold out, but regular tickets are not. There will be a silent auction featuring several Steelers items and also a … are you ready? HAND-CRAFTED BAR! I know you boys would love to get your hands on that for your man caves.
5. Aaron Smith is out for the season. He’s important to the rush defense. We barely beat the Lions. If we lose to the Browns, as I wrote to a reader, I will kill Steely McBeam. Twice.
6. That’s all for right now, but later, I’ve got a pigeon post for you, so please pigeon-lovers, don’t come back until morning and even then, don’t feel the need to tell me I write about pigeons too damn much. I already know you feel that way and I really don’t give a shit.