Random n’at.

1.  My aunt got a new dog, and my mother took to facebook to badger her to post a picture of said new dog, and THIS happened:

fbbooboo

My mother immediately deleted the conversation when she saw what she had written, but not before her quick-thinking daughter grabbed a screen-shot of it, to which my mother responded, “You are such a brat.”

I’ll wear that shoe.

2.  If you’re wanting to gaze on God’s perfect creation Daniel Sepulveda in the flesh … … … I’m sorry, where were we? Right. Daniel Sepulveda in the flesh … … … … … [sigh] … … okay, I’m back. You’re in luck! He’ll be at Hometowne Sports in Station Square on October 24.

(h/t PittCheMBA)

3.  Last year I brought this event to your attention because you know how I feel about sick kids, and speaking of which, there’s still conversations with organizations happening on the back end here regarding getting those kids that game room at Childrens, so stay tuned.

I”m talking about the Brewing up a Cure event this Saturday, October 17 which supports the fight against Cystic Fibrosis.  This event helps kids like Sadie, who I wrote about last year.  Sadie is five now and started kindergarten:

sadieschool

I’m not going to write about the prognosis and life expectancy for children with Cystic Fibrosis here because Sadie’s parents are reading, and you know, they’re well aware of it and I bet it’s a gut punch to be reminded of it.

VIP tickets are sold out, but regular tickets are not.  There will be a silent auction featuring several Steelers items and also a … are you ready?  HAND-CRAFTED BAR! I know you boys would love to get your hands on that for your man caves.

4.  The Boob Whisperer wasn’t the only one in an uncomfortable and awkward pose over at the P-G Posted site.  Here’s another winner from P-G’s photographer.

(h/t PensGirl)

5. Aaron Smith is out for the season. He’s important to the rush defense. We barely beat the Lions. If we lose to the Browns, as I wrote to a reader, I will kill Steely McBeam. Twice.

6.  That’s all for right now, but later, I’ve got a pigeon post for you, so please pigeon-lovers, don’t come back until morning and even then, don’t feel the need to tell me I write about pigeons too damn much. I already know you feel that way and I really don’t give a shit.

[gasp]

1. L-A
    October 14, 2009 7:28 am

The P-G link is blocked at my work…can you just post the picture??? Puh-leeeeeeze?

October 14, 2009 7:37 am

why wait til sunday to kill steely mcbeam? I can’t believe that monstrosity is still alive.

3. chrys
    October 14, 2009 7:40 am

LOL! I love when my Mom says something ridiculous on her FB.. she has only recently learned that she can delete certain comments.

And that picture.. if you are going to “squat” down, maybe it’s best to not back your rear end up against another person’s crotch, but that’s just my opinion. Although methinks there are a few dirty boys that read your blog that will enjoy this picture. :P

October 14, 2009 7:42 am

btw — about cystic fibrosis. one of my uncles up in NY had 4 kids — 3 of them were afflicted with CF.

two of them – a son and a daughter — passed away from it in their teens, within a year of each other.

the 3rd — another son — had a double lung transplant down here at presby about 10 years ago and it was tremendously successful — until he got sick and passed away last september. he made to age 40, which is an anomoly.

if I were around this sat, I would attend this “brewing up a cure” event. since I can’t, I would urge all of you to go. I would love for this girl sadie to make it to 40 — and beyond.

5. Vivian formerly NYLuvsPitts
    October 14, 2009 7:42 am

I can’t get pass the “cute dong” to read the rest. (LOL)

October 14, 2009 7:47 am

chrys, If you mean me, you’re right. Who/what are the people in that photo, because all the women are at least fairly attractive, but I have a special place in my … um, heart for the two in front who are apparently into mutual backrubs.

7. Tina Fey
    October 14, 2009 7:48 am

Ginger, I’m DYING at mom’s post. That is so Dottie.

October 14, 2009 7:49 am

Also I was so looking forward to Brewing for a Cure because IIRC it was on a Sunday last year (at Mr. Small’s, was it?), and I work Saturdays so there was a realistic chance I could go. But I can’t do Saturdays, dammit.

9. Chris
    October 14, 2009 8:02 am

What company would block the Post Gazette website from their employees?!?!?! It’s a news site for god sake!

10. AndyTheo
    October 14, 2009 8:14 am

Admit it, you needed fodder for the blog and you paid your mother for the Facebook post, right?

11. L-A
    October 14, 2009 8:14 am

Apparently, wherever this picture is on the site is considered to be a place for “social networking.” If backing your rearend up into your friends crotch isn’t social networking, then I don’t know what is. As long as they don’t block thatschurch.com, I’m good. Thanks for posting the pic so quickly, Virginia.

12. Kimly
    October 14, 2009 8:46 am

Laughing at the Facebook screenshot then screeched to a halt when I saw the pic of the little girl with CF. You did that on purpose! Such an emotional rollercoaster at That’s Church!
    Well played :)

13. Burgh Baby
    October 14, 2009 8:58 am

You can’t be going around making promises like that. Now I’m conflicted about Sunday’s game. Steely McBeam dead? That might be worth a Steelers loss.

Or we could just go sacrifice him to the pigeons now . . .

14. Pa-pop
    October 14, 2009 9:00 am

A) Any chance that item #1 and item #4 in your post are somehow related?

B) I’m with unsatisfied. Steely must die anyway. Call Quentin Tarantino. Let’s talk about “Kill McBeam.”

15. Sooska
    October 14, 2009 9:30 am

#1: so you’ll be taking your sleeping bag down there on, say, Thursday afternoon?

16. SpudMom
    October 14, 2009 9:54 am

Dying over here at your Mom’s need to see a cute dong!

17. Pensgirl
    October 14, 2009 9:56 am

Is it weird that I’m excited to get the h/t even though I really didn’t do anything other than happen to notice that picture on the front page?

I second Pa-pop that not only does Steely need to die, he needs to die in an ultra-violent manner befitting Tarantino. We should have turned him over to the anarchists when we had a chance…wait, nevermind, they’d just pee on his leg and call that ultra-violent.

18. Karyn
    October 14, 2009 10:15 am

omg! i know the boobs that are being whispered to! went to highschool with ’em. so funny.

19. Vivian formerly NYLuvsPitts
    October 14, 2009 10:29 am

Okay. I got pass the cute dong (my abs hurt). I’m torn about this Sunday’s game. Do I want us to lose so that you can kill Steely McBeam? Twice? If we win will you still kill him? But only once?

20. spoon
    October 14, 2009 11:10 am

I did the Great Strides walk with Sadie’s Soldiers earlier this year and let me tell ya this girl is amazing. I hope that every who can make it out Saturday does so. Support an incredible little girl and feast on great craft beers!

prost!

21. Still A Fan
    October 14, 2009 12:11 pm

ok, ok, ok…..

what’s your mom’s email address? i’ll handle this.

22. Virginia
    October 14, 2009 12:12 pm

Still A Fan wins.

23. John
    October 14, 2009 1:39 pm

I dont know about your Uncle..but cute really isnt the word we want to hear it described as.

24. HolyMo
    October 14, 2009 1:51 pm

Will you kill Steely McBean even if we win?

25. HolyMo
    October 14, 2009 1:51 pm

Please.

26. Still A, Fan
    October 14, 2009 5:15 pm

thank you, although some would argue i shouldn’t be encouraged.

27. chrys
    October 14, 2009 7:21 pm

bucdaddy.. I only meant that “dirty boys” statement in the nicest way possible.. ;)

Still A, Fan.. LMAO!! You are another dirty boy!!

28. Still A, Fan
    October 15, 2009 5:33 pm

you can send me your email address too…..