1. Oh, Halloween candy. Evil tyrants hell bent on making me gain weight. As my twitter friend @RockingPony wrote about Halloween candy, “I’ve taken to hiding mine from myself. Unfortunately myself always watches where I put it.”
Myself does the same thing. Myself also misbehaves horribly at the grocery store and buys junk I don’t need to eat.
2. Speaking of evil, how about that time change that makes small children wake up at 5:30 a.m. all, “GOOD MORNING MOMMY AND DADDY! LET’S HAVE SOME FROSTED FLAKES AND GET THIS BEAUTIFUL DAY STARTED! WHAT DO YOU MEAN GO AWAY?! WHY IS MOMMY TRYING TO HIDE UNDER THE COVERS?! NO I WON’T STOP SHOUTING UNTIL I GET SOME STUPID FROSTED FLAKES!”
I remember a time when I embraced this “fall back” thing, now I just want to stab it in the face.
3. Speaking of falling back, Lukey fell back on his standard canned language when speaking to the New York Times:
“I’m most definitely up for the challenge,” Mr. Ravenstahl said. “I learned a lot in my first term, and we are ready to move forward.”
Do you think he did that on purpose as a shout out to us all or do you think he said it and then in his head went, “DAMN IT!”
Regardless, aaaaaaand … DRINK!
(h/t to all of you that emailed it to me.)
4. Bennett Ryan continues to amaze. (scroll down)
(h/t Amy and Meghan)
5. Reader Shelly won the Bach tickets and the Confluence shirt when Random Number Generator picked her comment #153. I already have a shirt lined up for my next giveaway, so I’m excited for that. Soon.
6. I still hadn’t yet formed my opinion on the closing of UPMC Braddock and just like that, Ruth Ann Dailey is pulling me to her side of the fence.
7. Yes, we’re still working on giving our sick kids at Children’s Hospital the games/gameroom they deserve. More soon on that. I haven’t forgotten about them, and I promise I’ll be coming to you for help on their behalf soon, because if there’s one thing Mike and I are good at, it is scheming and shenanigans.
8. Speaking of speaking, the video of me and Mike Woycheck’s PodCamp Pittsburgh 4 Presentation is up for your viewing pleasure.
You’ll learn the secret I hadn’t shared before (you learn that in the first five minutes), you’ll learn the real story about the CNN interview, including why I did the interview, what I said to the reporter about being fired and how I felt about my face being on the front of CNN.com (hint: NOOO!). You’ll learn how my husband feels about my blog, what my plans for the future are, and everything that went into taking The Burgh Blog down.
I would like to add that the camera adds ten pounds and that this particular camera was obviously a hater because it added all ten pounds to my hips.
Holy crap. I bet the pears are all, “Ugh, I’ve got such a Ginny figure.”