Pidgee, pidgee, pidgee!

Three pigeon things to share:

1.  Further proof that pigeons are evil knowing bastards:

(source)

They’re fed by agents of the Dark Side.  I could totally see Satan and Emperor Palpatine being in cahoots.

Also, I don’t recommend it, but if you stare at the pigeons’ red eyes long enough and really focus, you can hear shrieking coming from hell.

(h/t hello haha narf)

2.  From Thoughtful Riot’s blog where he is writing haiku for each of Rachel Sager’s 52 Ills illustrations.  He managed to work “cloaca” in there.  Brilliant!

3.  Scott, the owner and Chief Operating Scarer of Scarehouse posted this photo on his twitter account and titled it “The Pigeon Whisperer”:

40758398

At first I thought, “This old man is feeding the pigeons and is surely an agent of Palpatine’s.”

But then I realized he’s just farting on the pigeons.

Carry on, gross old man.  Carry on.

1. Chris
    November 6, 2009 3:26 pm

Okay, the storm troopers on the beach are pretty damned funny and I might have to download the breakdancing storm troopers :-)

2. Sooska
    November 6, 2009 3:33 pm

Isn’t that old pigeon lover wearing a Phillies hat? Yeesh. Pigeons, Filthadelhia. yep, it adds up.

3. bluzdude
    November 6, 2009 3:38 pm

I think the pigeons are taking turns flying up and pecking his ass. Maybe he was being bad, in their knowing red eyes…

4. Pa-pop
    November 6, 2009 4:27 pm

Using similar “She’s a witch!” logic from Monty Python’s “Holy Grail” –

If:

1) The Yankees are the Evil Empire

and

2) Evil knowing bastards flock to the cloaca of a cranky old Phillies fan

then I must conclude

BASEBALL IS HELL

and the Buccos of Suckitude are the ultimate proof.

5. butcher's dog
    November 6, 2009 5:29 pm

Hard to argue with logic like that.

6. butcher's dog
    November 6, 2009 5:30 pm

And, Virginia, as I just noticed the time printed on my comment, did you turn your clock back yet? Or is it some glitch somewhere? The machine I’m typing on shows an hour earlier. Just curious.

7. shagalicious
    November 7, 2009 1:51 pm

Ummm.. the pigeon thing is really tired. Get some new material.

8. Three
    November 7, 2009 9:00 pm

@butcher’s dog, if she’s using WordPress’ software (which I think she is), users have to go and manually adjust for daylight savings time. I know I haven’t done it on my blog yet — of course, all the clocks in my house are an hour fast too, cause I’m lazy like that.

Just my friendly FYI for the day.

9. ej
    November 8, 2009 1:04 am

that same guy feed the pigeons in oakland by the grass lawn near the O, when he breaks up the break he does it by his mouth,…. typical inter species regurgitation situation

10. Lord Pariah aka Paul
    November 8, 2009 7:43 pm

I have to admit that this particular post appealed to my love of Star Wars. A Palpatine reference, Stormtroopers, Dark side…yeah, I was “geeking” out a bit whilst I read this. Sad that the “evil knowing bastards” are now apart of that though.

11. linli
    November 8, 2009 8:17 pm

hahaha.. tts’ funny.
    Came across your blog looking for pittsburgh blogs :)
    keep it up!

12. ? ev'ry thing
    November 8, 2009 8:32 pm

I just came across this on Boing Boing and thought of you–
    “Pigeons From Hell: Robert E Howard’s classic horror story adapted for comics by Joe R Lansdale”
    Enjoy!

13. Mark Vehec
    November 9, 2009 11:38 pm

Just had to share this one if you have not seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEjUAnPc2VA

Make sure to watch to the end :-)