I twat I twaw a Mayor on twitter

My former butler Mike Woycheck brought this to my attention:

luketwitter

And what with all the fake Luke Ravenstahl accounts out there on twitter, I went straight to the Dread Lord for confirmation that it is in fact the REAL Hizzoner Master Lukey BabyFace Steelerstahl.

And the Dread Lord confirmed it is so.

I also asked the Dread Lord if Lukey would actually be doing the twittering, and not just having his staff do it for him.

And the Dread Lord said the Mayor does plan to do his own tweeting.

And then I asked the Dread Lord if he had eaten any souls lately.

Still waiting to hear back.

1. Scott
    November 12, 2009 10:01 am

Did you just say “twat”?

2. Virginia
    November 12, 2009 10:02 am

Caught that, did you? ;)

3. Scottie
    November 12, 2009 10:16 am

LOL OMG. I didn’t expect to see that word on your blog. I love it. You go girl!

November 12, 2009 10:20 am

The possibilies for unintended comedy just grew exponentially.

5. Anthony Burgess
    November 12, 2009 10:23 am

So, Hizzoner now has a direct like pipeline to govoreet his bezoomy ideas to the lewdies.

6. JeanC
    November 12, 2009 10:31 am

What about a tax on people who have the privilege of tweeting in Pittsburgh… just some food for thought, Lukey.

7. shane
    November 12, 2009 10:45 am

I fully support a priveledge tax on tweets.

8. Amy
    November 12, 2009 10:48 am

Hey, who else is up for an anti-tuition-tax Twitter campaign?

Grumble, grumble. Lukey’s so lucky I’m not a student anymore.

November 12, 2009 10:51 am

Let me fix that for you, Lukey:

Hey Pittsburgh. This is -M-ay-O-r Luke Ra-VE-nstahl. I look FORWARD to the next four years.

Annnnnnnnnnnd drink!

10. PittinDC
    November 12, 2009 10:59 am

Did you immediately create #don’tttaxtution to follow all tweets to Lukey?

11. spoon
    November 12, 2009 11:14 am

what, no Mayor Twitterenstahl yet? Well at least you can say you follow the tweets from the twit.

Someone get Danny O on there so I can bombard him with #stopdrinktax #suckitbeautiful and #youwontwinPA

12. Lauren
    November 12, 2009 11:19 am

I wonder how long it will take him to start taxing people who follow him.

13. Michelle
    November 12, 2009 11:20 am

Oh I totally get to yell at him on Twitter now! Thank you Ginny for letting us all know.

I wonder how long his account will last once he realizes that college students have access to him and his suckery. I have a feeling a staffer will be handling his tweeting very soon. Anyone want to take the over/under on a week?

14. Carpetbagger
    November 12, 2009 11:31 am

I imagine he’ll farm out his twittering to some company who donates enough. Could it be he’s in competition with the mayor of Altoona to see who has more followers?

First this, next he’ll be working for Time magazine!

15. carnegiegrl
    November 12, 2009 11:37 am

PittGirl…Please tell me you saw that Luke was chosen to help select the Time Person of The Year!

16. Jim
    November 12, 2009 12:05 pm

So Luke says “In an effort to keep you informed follow me here.” I guess this means he is planning to save money by eliminating any city employees who were previously responsible for press releases and any other PR duties, right? If so, I’m all for this. Brilliant!

17. Sexy Jesus
    November 12, 2009 12:27 pm

I find it hard to believe that Lukey can present any ideas in writing, let alone in short bursts.

To help him out, allow me to draft what I’m sure will be his first tweet of every morning:

“Big FU to the East End. No road repairs, snow removal or gov’t services until you vote mindlessly for me like the rest of PGH.”

One more: “UPMC, please don’t fire my brother and I promise not to tax you. Students on the other hand …”

18. Un-Taxed Pitt Student
    November 12, 2009 12:51 pm

First time poster, long time reader.

So, how long do you think he changes his name to Pantherstahl to try to regain some popularity with the local college kids he is about to tax?

Ps. It’s Turn it Blue Friday according to his mayorness. Come on Steeler Nation show some support for the #12 Pitt Panthers.

19. bluzdude
    November 12, 2009 1:24 pm

Perhaps it is already taxing to follow Mayor Lukey.

20. Stacey
    November 12, 2009 2:13 pm

Okay, I just started following mayorluck (only for purposes of the twitter drinking game) and within 30 seconds got an email back that LRADstahl is now following me on Twitter… The fake Luke Ravenstahl twitter site is much more entertaining.

21. Cassie
    November 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Are we sure Ginny isn’t LRADstahl? If so, bravo!

22. geeves
    November 12, 2009 8:18 pm

Ravenstahl will nominate his mom for that awesome letter of recommendation she wrote

23. Stacey
    November 13, 2009 10:44 am

Ginny – are you the “great addition” to Mayor Luke’s team he’s announcing today?

24. Chibuzo Bob Azuh
    December 19, 2011 6:31 am

How can i become a member?

25. Chibuzo Bob Azuh
    December 19, 2011 6:34 am

How can i become a member of Twat Church?