Stupid is as stupid does.

DeShawn Stevenson of the Washington Wizards is addicted to tattoos and is also stupid.

Don’t get mad at me.  That he is stupid is a scientific fact and I will prove it to you.

He got some new tattoos on his face.

One is a crack in his skull, because “I don’t crack. I feel like people always try to break me, but I don’t crack. So, I put that there.”

Do you see his reasoning?  I don’t crack, so I put a crack on my head. It makes perfect sense.   If you’re stupid.

The other tattoo he got on his face is a Pittsburgh Pirates “P” because “for the Pittsburgh, that’s my favorite team. Barry Bonds, when he first started.”

Problem.  Look at the P:

3963496358_f1da0462b1

That’s right.  It’s backwards and it looks like a 9.  His explanation:

“No, if you’re standing where Dom’s standing and looking at me, it looks like a P.”

So here’s what I did, I looked at that picture from every angle and it NEVER looks like a P unless you hold it up to a mirror.

Which is what he obviously means.  It looks like a P when he looks in the mirror at his stupid stupid face.

This guy oughta marry that Backwards B face-etched crazy girl Ashley so that they can hope for the sake of humanity that their two Stupids cancel each other out.

Because the thing with Stupid, like tattoos — that shit’s permanent.

(h/t BurgherinDC)

1. Sean
    November 12, 2009 1:52 pm

Isn’t the mere fact that he tried to get a Pirates tattoo stupid enough? ;)

I kid, I kid.

2. chrys
    November 12, 2009 1:58 pm

LMAO!! What a dumbass!!

3. Jagoff
    November 12, 2009 1:59 pm

No, you have to put a mirror where Dom is standing.

4. Dan S.
    November 12, 2009 2:02 pm

I bet their hypothetical kid would have a backwards J on his or her terribly unfortunate face. Except from where Dom is standing.

5. Monsterquads
    November 12, 2009 2:03 pm

Wow. Suddenly I feel really smart.

6. Pa-pop
    November 12, 2009 2:08 pm

He got the idea when he saw “ambulance” in the rear view mirror…

7. Carpetbagger
    November 12, 2009 2:29 pm

If you have to hold a press conference to explain your tattoos… you might be a redneck.

Still waiting on the explaination for Abe Lincoln. Let me guess: Lincoln was originally from Kentucky, which is, of course, DeShawn’s third favorite state.

8. jeremy
    November 12, 2009 2:32 pm

here’s another entry for the stupid is as stupid does entry: the 3 university of tennessee players who wore their football clothing while committing armed robbery:

9. travs
    November 12, 2009 3:13 pm

I’ve read that Stevenson’s “P” is actually a gang symbol related to an LA-based gang called the Pirus Bloods, and he’s just using the Pirates logo story as a cover.

Not only that, but the Pirus bloods prominently use a five-point star as one of their symbols. So it’s been suggested that the Abe Lincoln tat–he’s on the $5 bill–is a veiled reference that symbol.

While being a gang sympathizer is hardly noble, it is also more understandable than tattoing a freaking Pittsburgh Pirates logo to your face.

10. Pensgirl
    November 12, 2009 3:25 pm

Well if he was into “Barry Bonds, when he first started,” then we know what the “P” – backwards or forwards – doesn’t stand for. “Playoffs.”

11. butcher's dog
    November 12, 2009 4:14 pm

Probably just a coincidence that this tatoo comes at a time when the pirates of Somalia are wrapping up a better year than our Pirates did. One similarity, though. No thinking person is rooting for either of them. Which brings us back to the tatoo.

Just sayin’.

12. Old North Sider
    November 12, 2009 4:47 pm

Same thing I said about Lukey with the education privledge tax. But of course you know that.

November 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Ginny, Please see the e-mail I sent you ASAP. Pertains to something happening tonight and tomorrow.

Sorry to hijack. Go on about stupid.

14. Pa-pop
    November 12, 2009 6:16 pm

I guess stupid must appeal to me because I’ve come back here to express more thoughts on the subject. Call me “stupid does.”

1. Using “crack” and “head” in the same sentence in this particular instance is curiously accurate.

2. Maybe his body artist is dyslexic and DeShawn’s just protecting him.

3. When someone asks “What’ju you got on your face?” he loves to reply, “I gotta ‘p.'”

4. He got it at last year’s GOP Convention when he was allegedly accosted by Sara Palin. Now loves to say he’s “rogue.”

Time for my medication.

15. Still A, Fan
    November 12, 2009 8:53 pm

i thought maybe lincoln freed the slaves and it’s on his throat because he speaks from there and its a freedom of speech thing because didn’t abe chop down an apple tree and then hurl one at carl sagan and hit him in the head and he discovered relativity?

16. Sooska
    November 12, 2009 9:50 pm

@Pensgirl- well they made the Playoffs so what is doens’t stand for is chamPs or troPhy, but as Stanley P. Kachowski says P is for Pirates big 3 Players choking in the Playoffs AND for me still being Pissed that I already had my World Series tickets and had to not use them.
    AND P is for that guy is stuPid egotist- for looking at himself the mirror and seeing his own handiwork.
    Besides what incomPetent bunch uses a Pirates P for a gang sign? The Gang that Couldn’t Find It’s Way Home? what a BOOB.

17. shagalicious
    November 13, 2009 1:50 am

Who the heck are any of you people to judge this guy and label him stupid?

How many of you play in the NBA?

Guess that is stupid too eh?

How many of you follow this stupid blog which only exists because you respond to some chick that talks out of her Arrrse.

The truth is DeShawn doesn’t answer to anyone but himself. We all have egos, and do what we have to for ourselves.

He surely doesn’t let the hate for pigeons or Big Ben rule his life. Is he stupid for that too??

I think she needs to get over it. Shag down with Big Ben, and let the pigeons watch ;-)

May be that will tame all the hate and bitterness she spews on this bog.

18. shagalicious
    November 13, 2009 2:19 am

Oh, I forgot to mention. She ripped the whole thing from the JR Show. So eat it up clones! Rack Em!

19. Virginia
    November 13, 2009 8:15 am

Shag,

I’ve never heard of the JR show, so not sure what you’re referring to. I “ripped” it from the site I, you know, LINKED TO.

Also, I have another definition of stupid. Continuing to visit, to read, and to comment on a site you hate.

A smart person would go away.

Also, there’s the door.

Use it, smarty pants.

V.

20. GoBobbo
    November 13, 2009 8:18 am

The tribe has spoken…Shag, you are the weakest link, goodbye.

21. red pen mama
    November 13, 2009 8:23 am

Stupid is just short for: “make bad decisions”.

Getting tattoos on your face — anywhere above your shoulders, really, is a bad decision. We may or may not debate the wisdom of tattoos in general. For the record, I have one, and I don’t regret it. When I’m 80, eh, I may.

Thank you, Virginia, for addressing Shag. You know all of your fans would throw yourself in front of him (her?) for you. But I think, as per usual, you said it best.

ciao,
    rpm

22. Margie
    November 13, 2009 9:19 am

You tell him Ginny!!! It’s like my mom used to say, “You don’t like it, there’s the door.”

BTW, I think the guy is stupid :)

November 13, 2009 9:33 am

“You know all of your fans would throw yourself in front of him (her?) for you.”

I do not think that means what you think it means ;-)

24. butcher's dog
    November 13, 2009 9:42 am

OK, Shag…if you think the face tatoos are worth defending, my suggestion is that you just go lie down on the couch in your parents’ basement where you live until it’s time to get up and go to the place where you say “Please pull around to the second drive-through window” and they pay you minimum wage. Let this blog to the rest of us with, you know, functioning brains.

25. red pen mama
    November 13, 2009 10:04 am

Whoops, @bucaddy, you’re right. I typed that before the caffeine kicked in.

I meant that we fans would throw ourselves in front of Ginny to shield her from commenters like Shaggie up there, primarily because we feel that it’s her blog and she can say whatever she wants. I hate when commenters come around and are all like, “Ginny, you should stop writing about hating pigeons, and how awesome the Steelers are, and how the Pirates suck.” If someone showed up at my blog and was all, “Geez, could you write any more about your kids or your anxiety? You make me sick!” I’d kick ’em in the virtual ass.

Ginny’s blog. If you don’t like it (not you, @bucdaddy; we all know how you feel about Ginny. It makes me a little uncomfortable, actually ;) ), go read something else. N’at.

peace,
    rpm

November 13, 2009 10:12 am

red pen mama,

Thaaaaaat’s what I thought you meant ;-) .

“It makes me a little uncomfortable, actually”

Sure that’s not just jealousy?

27. red pen mama
    November 13, 2009 11:26 am

Well, @bucdaddy, I guess I would be jealous if I knew you were visiting my blog and not writing comments about how hot I am. Although, also, that may not be all that appropriate on my blog.

I just am assuming you’re not coming by. I’m no Ginny. :) Although, if I do say so, I’m hot in my own way.

ciao,
    rpm

November 13, 2009 11:51 am

rpm,

“I have spent many years as a freelance writer and copy editor, with some graphic design (i.e. page layout) thrown in; I have also worked full-time as a writer and editor.”

Now THAT’S hot! Now I understand the “red pen” ref. I proofread with a blue pen, in the perhaps naive notion that the difference in color helps tamp down hostility toward my my always spot-on editing “suggestions.”

ciao yourself!

29. spoon
    November 13, 2009 1:18 pm

heh, so that’s where red pen came from. I thought it was some OCD thing with red pens.

dude, she is hot. she won Roar on the Shore Biker Biatch 3 years in a row.

30. red pen mama
    November 13, 2009 1:32 pm

boys, try to stay focused before Ginny kicks us all out of here. Tattoos on face = stupid.

(and thank you.)

ciao,
    rpm

31. butcher's dog
    November 13, 2009 2:37 pm

And here I was hoping red pen mama meant she was a teacher, preferably English. Drat. And I tried other colors to correct during my long and at times glorious tenure in the classroom, but red always seemed to be the one that got the most attention.

November 13, 2009 3:00 pm

rule #1: don’t feed the trolls.