Random n’at

tomjerry0

1.  What They’re Really Thinking will be posted later as usual.  I’ll get to writing it as soon as I’m done burning Jimmy Fallon in effigy.

2.  If you haven’t been following the comments to the most recent Running Lady post, you should because it is very interesting to see how OCD people can be.  As I commented to that post, I wish I could share some stories with you of my sister Tina Fey/Marcia’s OCD behaviors, but I don’t know for sure that she won’t release my space-themed high school graduation picture in retaliation.  Suffice it to say that Tina Fey is our family’s Mr. Monk.

A special treat in those comments is the first ever blog comment of any kind by the elusive Mrs. Woy, the wife of my butler Mike Woycheck.  I want some kind of prize for bringing her out of lurkdom.

I accept only diamonds or Zima.

Or pumpkin-flavored anything.

Preferably fatty evil-doing muffins topped with fatty evil-doing icing.

3.  Today, and today only, PG+ (pronounced grah-huh whoo in Caveman [seriously, I asked Rex!]), is FREE!  You.  Go now and watch Dennis Roddy’s Eve of Construction video.  He’s under the “Insight” tab.  Warning, it will take you a few tries to access the site because apparently they are getting slammed with traffic.

4.  Yesterday at dinner, my son imitated smoking a cigarette by using a raw baby carrot and I was all, “NO MORE TOM and JERRY FOR YOU, MISTER!”  What is that cat teaching my son?!

5.  Bill Peduto sent a blast email out with the subject of “Moving Backward” (awesome!) and in it he outlines why he feels the tuition tax is illegal and just plain a bad idea.  He also hints that later in the week he will have an announcement regarding an alternate way to balance the budget.

I personally think a downtown city-owned outdoor bacon vendor cart would sell millions of dollars every year.  I defy anyone to walk past a bacon station and not buy a strip or seven.

6.  I had wanted to post something about Pitt on Friday, but it just never happened.  I am not normally a  college football fan, but I am a Pitt fan, and realizing they were playing a meaningful game against Notre Dame meant I had to get by butt up on that bandwagon long enough to cheer for their win on Saturday.

This bandwagon is kind of fun so I think I’ll hang just a bit longer, or until the diehards push me off all, “TUCK AND ROLL, PITTGIRL!  Tuck and roll!”

7.  A local teen, Rachel Rothenberg of Squirrel Hill, was the Teen Jeopardy champion winning $75,000 on national television last week, and of course, she’s giving some of her winnings to charity.  Because she’s a Burgher.  It’s what we do.

(h/t Bucdaddy)

8.  Speaking of charity, weeks and weeks of not getting anywhere with the Children’s Hospital fundraiser and suddenly, it’s not raining, it’s pouring.  So much good news to share, just as soon as Mike and I get it all situated.

You and me, Burghers, we are going to bring some sick kids a spot of sunshine.

9.  Sure, the Penguins’ recent losses have been troubling, and even more troubling are the rampant injuries they’re suffering, but George from Carbondale, PA is obviously smoking crack because he thinks we should trade Sidney Crosby because he is “a bust.”

Like I said, smoking crack.

Stay away from my kid, George.  I’m still dealing with this Tom and Jerry nonsense.

10.  The Aviary’s vulture landed on Sally Wiggin’s head.

That’s not code for anything.  Really, the AVIARY’S VULTURE LANDED ON SALLY WIGGIN’S HEAD!

sallyvulture

Go watch.

1. Pensgirl
    November 16, 2009 2:29 pm

1. Did you mean “Jimmy Fallon” or “Ben and everybody else who contributed to all of the EPIC FAIL inside the 10 yesterday?”

5. Bacon stands might be the best idea ever.

8. Just in time for the holiday charity drive season. Perfect!

9. The injuries suck, but the losses are no big deal. They set themselves up well for this stretch of adversity by tearing shit up through October, so for right now that’s a hit they are able to absorb. And hopefully Saturday set them back on a winning track (although Goligoski is now out so that hurts on both ends of the ice).

But “Amen” to your main point. My dad thinks the guy is just some Flyer-fan moron, actually…which makes a lot more sense than a Penguins fan who is that out-of-touch.

10. Yikes!

2. Sooska
    November 16, 2009 2:40 pm

9 and 10: can the vulture play defense for the Pens? To quote Judy Tenuta “It could happen!”

also I am ok with the whole birds of prey program thing, but I would not want to prepare the food by chopping up mice. can’t we just give them whole pigeons?

5. BACON!

3. I watched that Roddy vid 3 times last week. I am still laughing. I wish he’d have done a music video for his Harrisburg piece this week.

3. Still A Fan
    November 16, 2009 2:48 pm

The last thing my mom did before we left the house when I was a kid was to check every burner and the belly of the oven to make sure they were off….two times…sometimes three. The habit died with me as I am lucky to leave the house with keys and or pants.

4. Vivian formerly NYLuvsPitts
    November 16, 2009 3:00 pm

1. OMG!!! When Troy re-injured his knee my mind went straight to that Jimmy Fallon clip when he whipped out that Madden 10 game on Troy. LOL

5. bluzdude
    November 16, 2009 3:13 pm

I’m with Pensgirl… Outdoor Bacon Cart = Best Idea Ever. Can’t you just see it coming in little holsters like fries do?

I’d be running around like that dog in the commercials… ‘BACON BACON BACOOOOOOOOON!!’

Feeding pigeons to the vultures might be the second best idea…

6. BIGGEORGE
    November 16, 2009 3:14 pm

The older cartoons were really aimed for adults.

There were themes aimed at adults with enough slap stick for the kids.

BIGGEORGE

7. Michelle
    November 16, 2009 3:15 pm

As a die hard Pitt fan (an alum of the undergrad program and now a law student), we’ll totally make space for you on the bandwagon. We’re going to need all the crazy, blue-and-gold wearing, football loving fans we can get our hands on with West Virginia and Cincy on the horizon.

I’m still rocking the sexy man voice after screaming myself hoarse Saturday and Sunday.

HAIL TO PITT!!

8. LB
    November 16, 2009 3:16 pm

Having grown up near Carbondale, PA I feel that I can speak authoritatively on the subject….our boy George might very well be on crack. Srsly. In general — not a hockey-savvy corner of the world. The Baby Pens have given them something on which to sharpen their fangs….but those Carbondale hockey fans are not ready to go out into the wild on their own.

9. whsicldtell
    November 16, 2009 3:25 pm

So, I need to know who else hits refresh every minute to see if “What they were really…” is posted. OMG it’s rediculous how I look forward to it espspecially the Jeff R WTF no tackle AGAIN!!!!!

10. spoon
    November 16, 2009 3:27 pm

I was able to check out the PG+ (pronounced pahee gahee ploose)this morning before the onslaught that made the site go tits up and DB spew more than waking up next to Skippy after a Saturday night bender on the South Side.

My thought, people actually paid for this? Srsly, I would want my money back. The entries are a paragraph max which act like a primer for a bunch of links (yeah, you’re paying to have them give you links) and you get better (and free) Pens coverage on any of the 239847987435987 hockey blogs in this city.

The only saving grace is Roddy’s Eve of Construction video. He deserves his own You Tube channel.

11. Carpetbagger
    November 16, 2009 3:29 pm

Other than Sunday, it was a great weekend. Went to Bettis’ Grille on Friday to: (a) sit outside for dinner one last time, and (b) to watch all those Notre Dame fans dropping some coin in the Burgh. It’s a shame we couldn’t have found another way to tax THEM!

No sitings of Jeff “the Matador” Reed.

12. Carpetbagger
    November 16, 2009 3:30 pm

sightings that is… stupid fingers.

13. Annie
    November 16, 2009 3:36 pm

Sally Wiggin handled that really well. My reaction would have been much more spastic. Classy lady.

14. Nunyabidness
    November 16, 2009 3:39 pm

Okay, lady…seriously…who told you that I am OBSESSED with bacon? Was it my sister? Maybe it was my husband? They laugh at my obsession with bacon and I tell them it is no laughing matter! It is breakfast, lunch, dinner, a side dish, a condiment, an appetizer…maybe even dessert! So bring on that bacon cart so I can help bail out the City of Pittsburgh.

15. Chris T
    November 16, 2009 4:06 pm

Just like the rest of the PG its so blasted jumbled you can’t find a danged thing. I’ll just have to take your word that Dennis’ video is funny cause I sure as heck can’t find it.

16. Pghlove
    November 16, 2009 4:56 pm

OMG. Thank you for bringing us the clip of Sally Wiggin. I moved away from Pgh, and I don’t get to enjoy her utter ridiculousness anymore. I was honestly expecting much worse, but as always… well done, Sally. Well done.

17. BCSorBust
    November 16, 2009 6:26 pm

I was at the Notre Dame game on Saturday. That stadium needs to be rocking like that all the time for the PITT Panthers and the Fighting Wannstaches. There are still tickets available for the Dec. 5th Big East Title game against those wannabe hybrid animals from Cincy. Steeler fans, live vicariously through PITT and avenge that loss to the Bengals by witnessing another team from Cincinnati lose. Come on Burghers what does this football team have to do to get your attention? Ranked #8 in the nation across the board. The 5th best QB in the country, AFTER getting boo’d in the first HOME game. The best freshman running back(s?) in Dion Lewis (and Ray Graham), Dion is also the 6th rated running back in the nation. THE NATION PEOPLE! PITT football is back.

HAIL TO PITT!

18. Paul
    November 16, 2009 6:37 pm

um…how about instead of burning an effigy of Fallon, we just burn that S.O.B. alive. It’s not like he’ll be missed. He certainly has never funny, and then bringing up that which you do not talk about!?!?!? BURN HIM!!!!

19. Mayor Luke Doggy Dogg
    November 16, 2009 9:27 pm

“What up, Ya’ll? That Pitt v. ND game is a perfect example of why I need to raise taxes! Look at all the services the city provides Pitt and their students. Don’t mind me spendin’ tax diz-zollars takin’ free trips to see Stanley Cup games in Detroit, hangin’ wit da Stillers on Sundays at Heinz Field, golfin’ wit celebs, and rollin in da city’s emergency Tahoe while sippin’ on Gin and Juice…fa shizzle.”

November 17, 2009 9:38 am

We’d ALL be OCD for Outdoor-Cart Bacon (see what I did there?). I know it seems impossible but I think that could be made slightly better. Sometimes when I’m heading to PNC Park down 6th Street I’ll stop at … what’s it called, Lemongrass Cafe? The Asian place that sells teriyaki chicken on a stick along the sidewalk? … and get a chicken on a stick.

Wrap bacon around that baby and sell millions.

Also, Sally Wiggin looks old these days, but not DEAD, stupid vulture. They’re not feeding that thing enough pigeons.

21. Dan (Not Onarato)
    November 17, 2009 10:56 am

Sorry still cant stand Sally Wiggin. Sorry Ginny I know youre a fan but….just cant do it

22. Carol
    November 17, 2009 1:50 pm

welcome to the Pitt bandwagon. Such a great win on Saturday- Baldwin was totally chanelling Lynn Swann! So happy the Notre Dame fans dropped some change in the ‘burgh only to LOSE (football Jesus-are you kidding me?!). The Charlie Weis-New England connection makes the win all the sweeter. Seriosly folks if you can’t score Steeler tickets or you want to bring your kids to a game without the risk of them being puked on by someone who’s had WAY too many beers bring them to the Pitt game!

23. Jessica
    November 17, 2009 2:32 pm

I make all kinds of pumpkin goodies. You ask, you shall receive!

24. Bojack
    November 17, 2009 9:06 pm

>>> J Priester:

You are nothing more than an oozing pustule of stank & stupid, please tell me haven’t spawned!!!

25. Summer
    November 17, 2009 10:34 pm

Mayor Luke Doggy Dogg is brillant and needs his/her own blog.