Googling Pittsburgh

The Torontoist recently Googled various Toronto searches to see what Google would suggest and the results were fun.  Reader Charles suggested I see what Google Suggest has to say about Pittsburgh.

Let’s have a look:

Nothing too out of the ordinary there, and rest assured that I’m sure Lukey’s tuition tax will do wonders to combat that pesky “losing population” thing.

Let’s try another:

Only one negative search suggested in the list.  Bravo.

Next, what are people ASKING Google about Pittsburgh?

and …

BOO HEATH MILLER?!?!  Who has ever booed Heath Miller and WHY would you boo Heath Miller?!

Or maybe this is because whenever Heath does something awesome, the entire crowd screams, “HEATHHHHHHHHHHHH!”  I guess to an outsider, it could sound like booing.

It’s not, world! We love Heath Miller.

More Steelers:

No, and we don’t NEED no stinkin’ cheerleaders.

Let’s stick with the Steelers theme:

I had to Google wigger.

Did you just learn what I just learned?  That Benny is the douche and Skippy is the bag.

I give the Internets three weeks before we can get Jeff Reed is a fat gerbil on that suggest list. Then I can die happy.

googlepittsburgh14

That’s right. He’s dirty and thuggish.  Or as I call him, “Thugalicious.”

Mmrow.

Moving on:

Whoa. Look at that. Luke Ravenstahl PittGirl is a suggested search.

Your goal:  Luke Ravenstahl is secretly in love with PittGirl. Make it suggest!

How ’bout them Suckitudes?!

Joke implies the presence of a funny punchline.  There is nothing funny about the Buccos of Suckitude’s 17 years of suck. Let’s try to get “The Pittsburgh Pirates [gag]” to suggest.

And the best for last:

Douche!

Which would you think is worse? Being the douche or being the douchebag?

Answer, NEITHER.

Because if you’re Tom Brady, you’re actually both:

googlepittsburgh13

Finally, way up top when I clicked on “Pittsburgh is a dump” I stumbled upon a suggested “Pittsburgh Dump Truck” search which led me to Urban Dictionary which led to me an entire list of —

Well.  I’m not even going to tell you.  Just trust me when I say DON’T GOOGLE “PITTSBURGH DUMP TRUCK!”

Ah, why’d you go and do that?

1. Pitt Pygmy
    November 22, 2009 3:17 pm

@red pen mama: I’m glad someone besides me has a thing about mouths, and agrees that Sid’s lips should be carved in marble somewhere! His whole face is just yummy-looking.

Not really related to this post, but it’s the most recent one, so whatever: I’m succumbing to Hizzoner Mayor Lukey’s rhetoric! I’m writing reflection papers on my progress through a master’s program for my graduation portfolio, and I’ve already used some form of the phrase “move forward” several times. EVERYBODY DRINK!

2. tw
    November 22, 2009 7:10 pm

Rearless – I totally agree about Heath Miller. I’m a huge Steeler fan but since I got transplanted to Philly country i don’t get all the little daily happenings. So whenever I watch a game (if they graciously put it on the tube which is not always) I swear I hear “boo’s” for Heath and I keep telling myself “how can cheers for Heath possibly be sounding like boo’s….but they do!”.

btw…Great blog Ginny…too funny. Except I was a little disappointed in the Sidney googles… :(

3. northerngirl
    November 22, 2009 9:48 pm

Actually let me correct…the fun game that my nieces, etc. played this summer was to google their name (for example amy) and the word needs…so Amy needs…and then they would either laugh or get creeped out by what came up…so i did this with Pittsburgh…and here are the top ten…1. Pittsburgh needs eated. 2. Pittsburgh needs a hostel. 3. Pittsburgh needs new leaders, new ideas. 4. Pittsburgh needs a sports pope (?) 5. Pittsburgh needs to encourage entrepreneurs 6. Pittsburgh needs help. 7. Pittsburgh needs cool heads to prevail. 8. Pittsburgh needs new nickname. 9. Pittsburgh needs big draft … and the tenth thing Pittsburgh needs???…to march to city hall and demand that the chief of police and mayor resign today…like i said…funny, yet eerily accurate as well…

4. Bojack
    November 22, 2009 10:56 pm

Pittsburgh needs to:

REPO PNC PARK FROM THE THIEVING, GREEDY,
    MARROW-SUCKING VAMPIRES, THE NUTTING FAMILY!!!!!!

I hope the whole family dies hideous, torturous deaths all at the same time so that the Pirates can be owned by ANYBODY who cares about baseball, not their offshore bankroll funded by a public-owned venue!!

5. lovesthenorthside
    November 23, 2009 10:14 am

what bojack said!

6. Matt
    November 23, 2009 10:31 am

A good blogger always drives traffic to their website through Google. But a really good blogger drives their blog traffic to Google and back. (e.g., google “Jeff Reed + docuhebag + thatschurch”). Bravo! Just please agree never to discuss reusable tampons again.

7. abeautifulmess
    November 23, 2009 11:25 am

We know that at Heinz Field the “Heath” chants are not ‘boos’ but when the Steelers are playing away and Heath makes a play, are the rival fans booing him or are whatever Steelers fans that have traveled for that game or live locally, loud enough to make the “Heath” chant heard?

8. Scott
    November 23, 2009 11:40 am

The “Pittsburgh Dump Truck” is nearly as funny as the timeless classic, “The Rusty Trombone”….

November 23, 2009 2:17 pm

watching heath let that pass go through his hands for an interception, I can assure you that I was booing.

10. Joelene
    November 23, 2009 11:30 pm

I wager Luke will have a new one soon. “luke ravenstahl divorce” – a shame.

Anyway, off to google Pittsburgh Dump Truck. As if I could resist.

11. Karen
    November 24, 2009 9:59 am

Wigger? Hilarious! And the fact that you googled it is even funnier…obviously Ben is alot of things but a wigger is not one of them…My teenage son is bi-racial and he told me to tell you if you come to Bellevue or Coraopolis you can see a whole bunch of ’em and he’d kick a few of them for you! LOL