It has a name.

Thanks to the fantastic wife of my butler Mike Woycheck, our little fundraising effort has a name, and thanks to Rachel Sager, the designer of the That’s Church blog banner, our little fundraising effort has a logo:

Make Room logo clr

It feels all official now.

Also, it appears that we will be able to make donations DIRECTLY into the Mario Lemieux Foundation’s PayPal account come Monday, so if you were concerned as to where your money would be sitting until such a time the gameroom is ready to be outfitted, never fear.  I’m pretty sure it’s safe with Mario.

More soon!

1. CrashJK
    November 24, 2009 2:39 pm

Woot for Mario…Double Woot for Ginny….great job…Paypal is great…

2. Pingback: Monday: Make Room for Kids | Pittsburgh Metblogs

3. Clair
    November 24, 2009 4:58 pm

That is awesome! :)

4. Still A Fan
    November 24, 2009 6:28 pm

You should set up a crawler for all of your regulars to show off how much they can give.

5. KGC
    November 24, 2009 6:41 pm

@Still a Fan… $100.. plus 15% of what I spend on Saturday night. Hell, I’ll even invoke my Company’s policy of matching charitable contributions (it’s my Company, LOL).. we’re at $200 plus 15% of what I spend on Saturday night.

Go ahead, people, match me!

Note to Ginny.. Saturday night’s 15% would probably be higher except you’re having $5 margueritas and I’ll have to drive home… How much is a LasVelas cot for the night? LOL.

6. KGC
    November 24, 2009 6:44 pm

In fact, I will contribute the 15% so it doesn’t come out of LasVelas’ receipts…

Let’s see.. dinner and marguaritars.. at least $50… $7.50.. make it $25.00. We’re at $250 ($100 plus $25 doubled).

7. KGC
    November 24, 2009 6:53 pm

The reason I believe in this cause? This is a true story and very few people know about it because I’m quite private.. screw it.. it’s appropriate for Ginny’s cause.

As a very young person in the late 50’s (age 3), I spent ~10 weeks away from from my Mother and Father in the Army Hospital in Bethesda, MD for a serious eye problem.. I now have only one eye… Mom and Dad had to stay in rural WV because they couldn’t afford to be in Bethesda/Washington DC (this was late 50’s). I don’t remember much except that I was taken “under the wing” of a nurse there and I was taught to read at such an early age.. being away from home and parents at such an early age has no doubt affected my empathy, compassion, etc.

Kids need everything we can give them.. especially sick kids.

8. Mary
    November 24, 2009 7:42 pm

This is awesome. We have a sick 15-year-old in our family, so he’ll totally appreciate it.

9. bluzdude
    November 24, 2009 7:44 pm

I would trust Mario with my spleen. The other organs too, but spleen is just so much fun to say.
    Spleen spleen spleen!

Not to rub it in the face of Ryan Clark or anything…

10. Still A, Fan
    November 24, 2009 9:35 pm

ginny, so the paypal account will be for “make room for kids” only? they will be able to track whats coming in just for this? will we be able to watch progress? i was thinking about the pages people set up for the breast cancer walk…..they have crawlers with donors and the ever present graph of your progress. it’s nice to see, plus it’s official. KGC, that’s very generous! i’m waiting to see if we can combine the other things we usually contribute to around christmas into this one cause. i think 10k from the regular readers will come less than 2 weeks after this goes live.

11. Virginia
    November 24, 2009 9:46 pm

Yes, there will be a way to distinguish Make Room For Kids donations separate from regular donations and yes, I’ll be having a tracking mechanism in my right hand side bar showing how we’re inching toward our goal. You will always know exactly how many dollars we have to go until we’re at $10,000.

12. PA Girl in VA
    November 24, 2009 11:14 pm

We are coming home to PGH for Thanksgiving weekend and I’m slowly “convincing” my husband that we need to stop by your restaurant on Saturday night (heck, we’ll only be up the road in Bellevue!). I really hope we can make it; if not, I’ll be sure to contribute! Thanks for all you do for those in need in your community!

13. Cassie
    November 25, 2009 6:23 am

What happens when we go over the 10,000 dollar limit? Handheld gaming systems for all! (in the hospital, that is.)

14. red pen mama
    November 25, 2009 8:00 am

I wonder if you can make that logo into an HTML badge? Could other bloggers put it on their blogs to encourage readers to come here or to the Lemieux Foundation page to donate?

Did that question even make sense?

ciao,
    rpm

15. Stacey
    November 25, 2009 8:57 am

I don’t think we should stop at $10,000. That should just be the goal! You’ll get to $10,000 before you blink with your loyal readers.

What a fantastic way to start the holidays. Thanks Ginny!

16. Peg
    November 25, 2009 10:16 am

Love the project, the name, and the logo! All perfection, in my book. KGC, thanks for the story. I don’t have much, but I am looking forward to being part of this group.

17. Jill
    November 25, 2009 11:02 am

Love it! Great job, Ginny, Mrs. Woy, and Rachel! Thanks for all of your work on this, and thank you for your passion! I’m grateful for the chance to help make this happen!

18. Jonathan
    November 25, 2009 11:02 am

Great name and a gorgeous, slick logo. Can’t wait to contribute!

19. tracy
    November 25, 2009 12:02 pm

I work at children’s and voted every day and badgered everyone I know via email and facebook to do their part also…but we did not prevail. Thanks Ginny, you kick ass and I will again be badgering everyone to donate! thanks again for taking part in this cause, you of course ROCK!

20. Still A Fan
    November 25, 2009 2:20 pm

Steel City Slant pledges $100. Will be Paypal’d shortly after link is published. This is an excellent way for people with kids to teach them about giving. I will also link to this post at some point today.

21. Pingback: a rational creature » Make Room For Kids!