Obligatory Divorce-enstahl Post

Confirming the rumors I have been hearing from a connected reader for about three weeks now, last night Lukey announced his separation from Erin Ravenstahl, and if twitter is any indication, it shocked the pantalones off of Pittsburgh.

This is touchy because not only is this the personal life of a public person, but also, they have hired SCARY SCARY SCARY LAWYERS from Philly to protect their privacy (read, sue the pantalones off of anyone that says Lukey was unfaithful).

So, my thoughts that I feel comfortable sharing with you guys while balancing the respect for the privacy of a newly-broken family and one broken officially so close to the holidays, with the fact that he IS a public figure:

1.  Some are questioning the timing of the announcement and wondering if Lukey would have been reelected had this news broken before the election.

You know, I think he would have.   He still has that all important thing.  Not his party platform, not his giant wads of cash, not questionable ethics, but the most important thing of all that’s required to win the mayorship of the City of Pittsburgh:  The D.

OMG, NOT the Steelers defense, you boobs.  He’s the democrat.  Had this broken prior to the primary election, yeah, it totally could have hurt him.

Will it hurt him now?  I don’t see how, but I know the whole city is kind of looking at him a little differently.  Wondering.

2.  The interview Lukey did with KDKA, which if I was his PR person, boy would I have strongly advised against that interview, Lukey basically says that Erin did not want him to run for re-election, but he chose to do it anyway.

[I] was very, very close to not running for this office based on my interest in protecting my family.

See, that right there. Bad idea to do the interview, because now it seems to us that the Mayor chose his political office over his family.

I’ve said this six million times, Lukey needs a new frickin’ media adviser.  Someone to say to him, “Release your joint statement and then repeat after me: ‘My private life will remain private. No comment.'”

Look, marriage?  It is HARD.  Don’t anyone ever tell you differently and if someone who has been married for more than four years comes up to you all, “OMG.   Marriage is amazing and perfect and easy and I love my husband so much and he’s like Daniel Sepulveda [his body], Troy Polamalu [his heart], Brad Pitt [his mojo], Bill Gates [his money], and Sting [his, you know, stamina] all rolled into one, and we are soul mates, connected at the bellybuttons of our hearts and we never fight, and we never even talk that much because we’re too busy having amazing sex every moment we are together, and our love, not to go all Princess Bride on you, cannot be broken, not with a thousand swords.  Every morning, we chew breath mints before we kiss and then we make each other breakfast.  We recite poetry to each other and tomorrow, we’re finding a field of wildflowers to run to each other through in slow motion.”  You can know for CERTAIN that that person is either on crack or that her pantalones are en fuego.

Erin seems like a decent human and she’s a mom and she hates the public life.

I’m going to respect that.

3.  Today on his radio show, Marty Griffin called Lukey “attractive.”

Uh, no comment.

1. justme
    November 24, 2009 5:54 pm

She can do better. She’s so much better off without him.

2. John David Stutts
    November 24, 2009 6:02 pm

Given the status of the market, this may be the best time to upgrade.

3. Clementine
    November 24, 2009 6:04 pm

No one knows what happens inside a marriage but the two people involved… I can’t imagine having to face a public postmortem of such a private issue. I hope they both find what they’re looking for, but mostly I hope little Cooper gets the best outcome… whatever that may be.

And somebody tell Marty G to stop, drop and roll, because his pantalones are en fuego!

4. Bojack
    November 24, 2009 6:06 pm

I REALLY hope some super sleazy Jerry Springer-style, better yet,
    Mark Sanford-esque tale emerges of a long term secret mistress in like,
    Wheeling, surfaces!!!!!

LMAO

5. KGC
    November 24, 2009 6:20 pm

@Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl…

Again, I’d be VERY surprised if The Boy Mayor and Erin can afford the “rack rate” of the high-priced Philadelphia attorney. Either ‘Lil Lukey has a stash of cash, he’s getting a bargain (can you say, “disclosure”? I knew you could), or someone else (Burkle? Rendell?) is part and parcel of the “deal”. Having delat with attornies in certain matters, I would suspect the retainer in such an engagement be at least $20,000.. or more.. Hell, retainer for a simple divorce is ~$3,000 with hourly rates at ~$250/hour. This guy proably charges at least $500 per hour.. minumum 30 or 40 hours.. do the math.

I smell something….

6. redram1
    November 24, 2009 6:40 pm

I’m just wonderin’ if there was some “toe tappin” in the mens room and she just got wind of it?

7. bangingeverythingthatmovesastahl
    November 24, 2009 7:17 pm

You know it’s true.

8. La Reina
    November 24, 2009 7:46 pm

Thanks, Gus, I knew Lukey reminded me of someone, and it’s Jon Gosselin.
    Immature? Check.
    Kinda stupid? Check.
    Not as hot as he thinks he is? Check.

9. Sexy Jesus
    November 24, 2009 8:00 pm

Sure, marriage is hard, but like most things it is a lot harder if you are incredibly stupid. Luke would struggle making raisins if you gave him two-week-old grapes.

Further, I think we all know that a Mimbo doesn’t get to be mayor at 26 without “paying his dues”. Apparently Erin didn’t like it when he went back to his mentor with benefits (http://ruralvotes.com/thefield/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/sophiemasloff.jpg).

Either that or he’s gay. Those are the only options that I will choose from.

10. Cassie
    November 24, 2009 9:40 pm

La Reina: FAVORITE QUOTE OF THE DAY!

11. PittCheMBA
    November 24, 2009 10:19 pm

Lukey’s interview on KDKA left me with the impression that he chose between his career and his family. He must have seen the movie Star Trek Wrath of Khan and the quote: “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few”. Maybe he thinks he is the one to “save” Pittsburgh.

12. andrea
    November 24, 2009 10:27 pm

No one knows what goes on inside a marriage, but sometimes City Hall interns know what happens outside a marriage…

And they’re usually — a la Clinton — just the tip of a smallish iceberg…

13. Virginia Hendricks
    November 24, 2009 10:35 pm

I feel bad for his son. To grow up in a split up family.

And I don’t think Luke should have said anything about what his wife thought about the publicness of his office.

14. Different Brian
    November 24, 2009 10:35 pm

I can’t believe not a single “move forward” reference by anyone here.

Drink.

The “she didn’t want him running” really is interesting. Whatever she was allegedly thinking, whatever she allegedly told him, he allegedly chose his own career over his wife.

Oh well, a homeland security SUV and a trip out to star lake should help get him back focused to the task of being 17 years old.

15. Summer
    November 24, 2009 10:47 pm

@Bojack: And what is wrong with Wheeling girls … ?!

November 24, 2009 10:59 pm

Maybe he thinks he is the one to “save” Pittsburgh.

Lukey’s a Pisces?

17. Rear Admiral Bonjora
    November 25, 2009 12:47 am

Given Yarone’s, well, affiliation, Luke found it an attractive option…maybe

18. Elmer Fudd
    November 25, 2009 12:49 am

I can’t wait to see the videos of Lukey and Skippy Skeeve out trollop hunting together..As immature as they both are you know it is gonna happen..Ya just know…

19. Cory Aidenman
    November 25, 2009 6:48 am

Love may be blind; but marriage is a real eye opener!!

20. toni
    November 25, 2009 7:20 am

Different Brian Says:
    November 24th, 2009 at 10:35 pm
    I can’t believe not a single “move forward” reference by anyone here.

Drink.

Maybe the running around she was referring to do had nothing to do with public office and everything to do with AROUND….as in ” get yer immature butt home and quit running around on me.”

21. Bojack
    November 25, 2009 7:31 am

>>>Summer-

NOTHING wrong with Wheeling girls! As a matter of fact I was using Wheeling as an example of a potential locale of the exotic-sounding, foreign mistress!!! :-)

22. Bojack
    November 25, 2009 7:37 am

LMAO @ Diff Brian, Good one!

23. Steverino
    November 25, 2009 8:35 am

My takeaway from the interview was that his political career was more important to him than his family and he chose politics. Speaks volumes about his character.

Red Flag #2 was the hiring of the “high-powered” Philadelphia lawyer. That will probably raise more questions than anything else.

24. Babsie
    November 25, 2009 9:47 am

I know people who have seen him out and about and doing his “thang”….it’s not good people!

25. Steverino
    November 25, 2009 9:56 am

I wonder if the Catholic bishop will ask that he refrain from taking communion? Isn’t separation a no-no?

November 25, 2009 9:59 am

what’chu talkin’ ’bout, jtown? erin’s HOT.

totally.

27. steelerstahlisaTOOL
    November 25, 2009 10:01 am

how long has mayor Steelerstahl been sleeping w/ his Dir. of Neighborhood Initiatives, Kim Graziani?

28. La Reina
    November 25, 2009 12:03 pm

Wheeling is pretty exotic, Bojack. Did you know Alecia Sirk went to college just a few miles from that toddlin’ town?

29. Bojack
    November 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Kim Graziani ???

hmmmmm………….

30. Summer
    November 25, 2009 1:54 pm

@Bojack: Nice save. ;)

31. Government Cheese
    November 25, 2009 5:32 pm

The auburn highlights in her hair is what he noticed first. There had been a change in his life, a change that he wouldn’t have fathomed on this surprising journey. That change would catapult him to a level of presence few of his generation or position in life could have hoped for. Yet, in this brisk rise to prominence, it was the glimpse of the auburn highlights as the elevator door closed that awoke him to a new reality. From here on, he thought to himself, the life that he had fashioned was to collide with the life that a higher power had asked him to lead. From here on, the rules changed. From here on, he would have to shed the shackles of a bygone era, and embrace the bosom of a new future.

32. Irishmuscle
    November 28, 2009 12:41 am

Parts of this story puzzle me, and we can all take no glee in the pending breakup of a marriage especially when there are children. However…..who in gay hell ever suggested that Luke spill the beans to that disingenuous piece of crap Marty Griffin. The day Griffin gets his walking papers from KD is the day we parade down Grant Street.

33. Ellis Cavill
    June 20, 2011 4:19 am

that is As well great, when it comes in india hope it may possibly make a Rocking place for youngster.. hope that
    come accurate.