- November 25, 2009
- filed under Celebrity sightings, David Conrad, Hot Burghers, Ken Rice, Matt Lamanna, Steelers
First, Saturday is promising to be a ton of fun. Lots of Burghers are planning to attend the Make Room for Kids kickoff at Las Velas from 6-9 this Saturday, including Mikey and Big Bob from KISS Morning Freak Show on 96.1, Tall Cathy from 96.1 provided no one books her for another event (NOBODY BOOK HER!), Jim Lokay from KDKA, Sally Wiggin!, representatives from the Mario Lemieux Foundation, and more as I continue to bother local celebs.
I’m looking at you, Matt Lamanna.
And at you, Ken Rice.
And at you, David Conrad.
I hope some of you readers can come out and have dinner or a few drinks with us! Here’s the post if you missed what I’m talking about.
Now, BIG GIANT NEWS!
We are raising $10,000 for the game room, and thanks to IKEA-Pittsburgh, Mario Lemieux Foundation will not have to use ANY of that money to buy furniture!
Because it is run by amazing people, IKEA-Pittsburgh contacted me out of the blue and offered the following:
- Up to $5,000 in IKEA merchandise (furniture, artwork, rugs, tv consoles, etc.) to furnish the game room
- Design services to create a fun, hip lounge feel
- Delivery, assembly and installation services to complete the project
- Host a fundraiser breakfast in their restaurant with proceeds going to MLF (more details on that at a future date)
Top Gun volleyball scene high-five and flip it down for a reverse low-five, Burghers!
I didn’t even have to ASK THEM! That is how awesome they are. They saw a way to help locally and they jumped at it. The money is coming from their local in-kind charitable donations fund because helping children is their #1 philanthropic activity.
It is all coming together. More details as I get them and more local celebs as I stalk them.
Oh! Is Charlie Batch traveling with the team this weekend in light of his surgery today?
If not, I’M ALSO LOOKING AT YOU, CHARLIE BATCH!
Also, if you happen to be in IKEA’s Pittsburgh location today, would you just like grab any employee you see and hug them for me?