To be continued.

This might be the most PoliticoBot 2000 Lukey has ever sounded:

“We’ve agreed to hold for a week, and we’ve done so, because we believe that they will in good faith go and continue trying to progress and get toward alternative solutions.”

Who the hell talks like that?!?

Go.

And continue.

Trying to progress.

And get toward.

[headdesk]

Let me translate:  “We’re going to wait a week and see what they come back with.”

calvintada

December 7, 2009 8:26 pm

“they will in good faith go and continue trying to progress and get toward alternative solutions.”

16 words to say “move forward”

See what you’ve done? He’s going out of his way to keep us from drinking.

2. spoon
    December 7, 2009 8:52 pm

I have to agree with daddy there. The whole time I read that I was thinking “Jesus Christ Lukey really doesnt want us to drink anymore.” You’d think that a swingin young newly single man like himself would be all about slammin some 40’s at the dirty O.

3. KGC
    December 7, 2009 9:52 pm

Who the hell talks like that?!?

A former jock kicker on a small-time football team who has no clue but wants to be a playa in them those Democrat circles. What a hoser. And, you ‘burgers get him for 4 more years! LMAO

4. bluzdude
    December 7, 2009 10:25 pm

God, I hate that kind of mealy-mouthed doublespeak. Just say what you mean, for Pete’s sake. It’s like Buzzword Bingo.

5. Pa-pop
    December 7, 2009 11:13 pm

I’d like a little vinaigrette with that word salad, please. Thank you.

6. Carpetbagger
    December 8, 2009 12:14 am

It’s a big game of chicken. Who’s gonna blink? Who’s gonna swerve first? Cambridge played this game with Harvard. Threatened to tax their endowments until the university caved and struck a deal to give the city $60 mil over 20 years.

Here’s the article.

I think that’s why all the subtext about alternative solutions. Geez, he talks like a mobster.

7. Mayor Luke Doggy Dogg
    December 8, 2009 1:18 am

Get used to it ya’ll!

I’m a thugged out bonafide political gangsta! I’ma get me what I’m after…you can belie’ dat!

Lukey Doggy Dogg and Zober Bow Wow is runnin’ this shit!

Check out our new single comin’ out in January 2010. It’s called: “We taxin’ that ass”

8. cmd_45
    December 8, 2009 7:10 am

Heehee. Calvin is my favorite.

9. Still A. Fan
    December 8, 2009 7:54 am

Opus is so mcuh cooler than calvin….

10. La Reina
    December 8, 2009 8:48 am

He’s a walking, talking dictionary, isn’t he?

11. Pensgirl
    December 8, 2009 9:56 am

That’s what happens when someone opens his mouth not knowing what his point is.

Calvin punctuates your posts so nicely, Ginny.

Still A. Fan, we live in a world big enough for both Opus and Calvin to occupy. They do not seek to accomplish the same thing and do not fight for a single space in our hearts. No need to compare them!

12. Ms. Mon
    December 8, 2009 1:57 pm

My god. When I read that in the paper, I was like, whaaa? Then I read it again, because I could not believe we have a mayor who actually speaks like that (it sounds like something Michael from “The Office” would say). I was in hysterics. Rich Lord had to have been howling as he transcribed that.

13. cathy
    December 8, 2009 2:42 pm

lukey channeling palin !!