A brief intermission…

Hi everyone – Woy (or Mike) the butler here. I feel a little strange writing a post – normally I’m the guy in the back room making sure the machinery is running smoothly.

My boss asked me to let you know that she’s very sick and will not be posting anything until Monday.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Ginny. The Zima (stolen from the Byham) will be on ice and the mojitos will be prepared for your return.

1. northern girl
    December 16, 2009 10:06 pm

Something to amuse you while you recuperate…
    I ran your name through Google a la my nieces’ “Google Needs” game…
    So here are the top ten things that come up when I google Ginny Needs…
    1. Ginny needs to chill out (but not with chilled Zima)
    2. Ginny needs your address.
    3. Ginny needs to be next to Harry. (Potter? Houdini?)
    4. Ginny needs a foster dog (dalmatian? Rhodesian Ridgeback? Cockapoo?)
    5. Ginny needs help reading Dixie Chicks review (uh…ok…)
    6. Ginny needs our help to win (someone running for mayor…hmmm…HMM…)
    7. Ginny needs readers, preachers, liturgists, announcement makers, door-openers and preacher-greeters to help make worship … (wow and your blog is named…maybe you are starting a new religion…or already did…)
    8. Ginny needs to “post’ her resume.
    9. Ginny needs a home. (apparently the name of a cat)
    And the last thing that Ginny needs is …
    10. Ginny needs help with her thesis.

Now get some rest. Ginny needs to get back to her blog before I post some other lame-o stuff! smile

2. Woy
    December 16, 2009 10:06 pm

“MonteZima’s Revenge?”

Well played, bucdaddy.

3. Bichon Mom
    December 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Awwww….feel better soon. There are gifts to wrap, cookies to bake….or just stay in bed and let Grandma do it.

4. cathy
    December 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Was starting to wonder where you were…. Terrible time to be ill, hope the kids don’t get it and I hope you are well by the holidays! You are missed.

5. Mia
    December 17, 2009 7:08 am

NyQuil baby, NyQuil.

Feel well soon!

6. wckdcll
    December 17, 2009 9:26 am

Feel better soon and the little ones too! Speedy recovery!

7. John in the Rocks
    December 17, 2009 9:37 am

Get well soon, Ginny!

8. Megan
    December 17, 2009 9:40 am

Somewhere, the Dread Lord rejoices over the fact that the tainted Zima he planted at the Byham has done its job.

Get well soon, Ginny!

9. chrys
    December 17, 2009 9:42 am

get well soon! :) you are missed! :)

10. Matt
    December 17, 2009 10:25 am

I get it. You’re unleashing Heck in December, and going into lockdown until they win another game. Get better soon.

11. red pen mama
    December 17, 2009 10:34 am

Mike: thanks for letting us know.

Ginny: get well. rest up. Pittsburgh needs you!

I’m glad I’m not the only one who wanted to pin the blame on the Zima.

ciao,
    rpm

12. Leah
    December 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Missing your humor and hope you are feeling better soon!!

13. Groovy Chick
    December 17, 2009 12:43 pm

So sorry you aren’t feeling well. Someone sent me this today and I thought of you–hope it makes you smile. Feel better soon.

Quickie in the Bushes

There are two statues in a park; one of a nude man and one of a nude woman. They had been facing each other across a pathway for a hundred years, when one day an angel comes down from the sky and, with a single gesture, brings the two to life.

The angel tells them, ‘As a reward for being so patient through a hundred blazing summers and dismal winters, you have been given life for thirty minutes to do what you’ve wished to do the most.’

He looks at her, she looks at him, and they go running behind the shrubbery.

The angel waits patiently as the bushes rustle and giggling ensues. After fifteen minutes, the two return, out of breath and laughing..

The angel tells them, ‘Um, you have fifteen minutes left, would you care to do it again?’ He asks her ‘Shall we?’ She eagerly replies, ‘Oh, yes, let’s! But let’s change positions. This time, I’ll hold the pigeon down and you shit on its head.’

———-AND WHAT WERE YOU THINKING????

14. Jenn E
    December 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Get better soon, Ginny!!

15. Bojack
    December 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Sendin’ ANTI-yuccky vibes to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Can this get blamed on the darn kids??? LOL)

16. Marcy
    December 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Get well soon!

17. Steeler_tom
    December 17, 2009 8:13 pm

Ginny!
    Have Woy go and get you some matza ball soup.
    Nothing and I mean nothing works better than some good old Jewish Penicyllan. (God I effe’d spelling that didn’t I?)

Srsly! Make him go now!

Fell better! :-)

18. Summer's Kiss
    December 17, 2009 8:38 pm

Get better soon – We miss you!

19. L-A
    December 17, 2009 9:10 pm

your hubby better make you chicken noodle soup…get well soon!

20. Tim
    December 18, 2009 8:39 am

I come back daily, not quite believing that there will really and truly be no post until Monday. The silver lining is that your faithful supporters are keeping the flame alive. Just think, if you hadn’t gotten sick, we may have never seen the statues-in-the-park joke. If laughter is the best medicine, may you have a double dose.

21. Amy
    December 18, 2009 9:32 am

Hope you are feeling well soon Ginny.

22. Schuyler
    December 18, 2009 12:06 pm

@Groovy Chick – great joke!! @Tim – I totally agree w/you … I keep checking ‘just in case’ there is a new post!! Have a restful weekend Ginny!! :-)

23. Der Burghermeister
    December 18, 2009 1:12 pm

I sure hope you didn’t get the stomach bug that hit our house…worst 24 hours of my life. Kid 1 to Kid 2 to Mom to Dad…lovely. Hope you feel better soon, Ginny!