- December 29, 2009
- filed under City Council, Local media, Mayor Ravenstahl, Pirates, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons, Troy Polamalu
1. A conversation with my son:
Me: Did you go straight downstairs on Christmas morning to see what was under the tree, or did you come wake us up first?
Son: I went STRAIGHT DOWNSTAIRS.
Me: And what did you see?
Son: I saw the presents that weren’t there the night before and I saw a present that looked like the same size and shape as a DSi box.
Me: What did you do then?
Son: I fell to my knees.
PRAISE BABY JESUS IN THE MANGER, IT’S A DSi!
2. Lukey’s champion Jim Motznik is no longer on City Council, because God bless America, a man with only a high school diploma can become a judge. This is the part where I reveal that I’m an idiot because I thought you had to have a law degree to be a judge.
3. If you missed it, Iran’s Ahmadinejad said his police and military violence toward protesters in his country is similar to the violence against protesters that happened here in Pittsburgh. Here are 38 pictures that prove Ahmadinejad is batshit crazy.
4. Burgher cutie pie Amy Colalella has made it to the final two to win the Miley Cyrus Be a Star contest, which started out with 10,000 contestants. Amy would win a recording contract and a recording session with Miley Cyrus. I’m not a teen and Miley Cyrus makes me a little stabbity, but lordy, even I knew that THIS IS A REALLY BIG GIANT DEAL!
It looks like the final takes place on January 13, at which time I’ll be letting you know to go vote for our local cutie, who happens to be mucho talentoso, writes the wife of a Mexican.
Let’s help her get her recording contract!
(h/t Amy’s friend Andrea)
5. Daniel Sepulveda made Sports Illustrated’s All Decade College Football Team. And all the men say “meh” and all the ladies say “OM NOM NOM NOM!”
6. My posting of shirtless pictures of future Smokin’ Hot Burgher Tyler Grisham, whose name we ladies have committed to our memory and written on our hearts, has brought an outpouring of WAH from the men that I don’t feature enough hot local ladies on this here blog. I’ll see what I can do. This is me, going to email Julie Bologna to see if she’s got a bikini picture I can post. I bet she says, “Bitch, please. No.”
7. The Buccos of Suckitude did some stuff. Got rid of Matt Capps, maybe signed some guys. I don’t know. I’ll care come April when I’ll be all, “THIS IS THE YEAR! PARTY WITH ME ON THE BANDWAGON, BAYBEES!”
8. Troysus might play Sunday, and he might not. It might not matter. Now, my husband informs me that there is no way that Bill Belichick will throw the game on Sunday, but that he’s not too sure about Marvin Lewis. So the official playoff scenario is that we need a Steelers win, a Patriots win, and the Bengals to grow a collective pair.
9. The reader that emailed me this pic informed me that the pigeons were making out …
And I say it looks more to me like one of the knowing bastards is eating the face of the other knowing bastard, and not in the “I love you, let’s publicly suck face” way but in the “I’m hungry and you’re here and Satan said I could eat Ginny’s face, but I can’t find her” way.