Random n’at

1.  A conversation with my son:

Me: Did you go straight downstairs on Christmas morning to see what was under the tree, or did you come wake us up first?

Son:  I went STRAIGHT DOWNSTAIRS.

Me: And what did you see?

Son:  I saw the presents that weren’t there the night before and I saw a present that looked like the same size and shape as a DSi box.

Me:  What did you do then?

Son:  I fell to my knees.

PRAISE BABY JESUS IN THE MANGER, IT’S A DSi!

2.  Lukey’s champion Jim Motznik is no longer on City Council, because God bless America, a man with only a high school diploma can become a judge.  This is the part where I reveal that I’m an idiot because I thought you had to have a law degree to be a judge.

(h/t the419)

3.  If you missed it, Iran’s Ahmadinejad said his police and military violence toward protesters in his country is similar to the violence against protesters that happened here in Pittsburgh.  Here are 38 pictures that prove Ahmadinejad is batshit crazy.

4.  Burgher cutie pie Amy Colalella has made it to the final two to win the Miley Cyrus Be a Star contest, which started out with 10,000 contestants.  Amy would win a recording contract and a recording session with Miley Cyrus.  I’m not a teen and Miley Cyrus makes me a little stabbity, but lordy, even I knew that THIS IS A REALLY BIG GIANT DEAL!

It looks like the final takes place on January 13, at which time I’ll be letting you know to go vote for our local cutie, who happens to be mucho talentoso, writes the wife of a Mexican.

YouTube Preview Image

Let’s help her get her recording contract!

(h/t Amy’s friend Andrea)

5. Daniel Sepulveda made Sports Illustrated’s All Decade College Football Team.  And all the men say “meh” and all the ladies say “OM NOM NOM NOM!”

(h/t Stephanie)

6.  My posting of shirtless pictures of future Smokin’ Hot Burgher Tyler Grisham, whose name we ladies have committed to our memory and written on our hearts, has brought an outpouring of WAH from the men that I don’t feature enough hot local ladies on this here blog.  I’ll see what I can do.  This is me, going to email Julie Bologna to see if she’s got a bikini picture I can post.  I bet she says,  “Bitch, please. No.”

7.  The Buccos of Suckitude did some stuff.  Got rid of Matt Capps, maybe signed some guys.  I don’t know.  I’ll care come April when I’ll be all, “THIS IS THE YEAR!  PARTY WITH ME ON THE BANDWAGON, BAYBEES!”

8.  Troysus might play Sunday, and he might not.  It might not matter.  Now, my husband informs me that there is no way that Bill Belichick will throw the game on Sunday, but that he’s not too sure about Marvin Lewis.  So the official playoff scenario is that we need a Steelers win, a Patriots win, and the Bengals to grow a collective pair.

9.  The reader that emailed me this pic informed me that the pigeons were making out …

And I say it looks more to me like one of the knowing bastards is eating the face of the other knowing bastard, and not in the “I love you, let’s publicly suck face” way but in the “I’m hungry and you’re here and Satan said I could eat Ginny’s face, but I can’t find her” way.

Tomato, tomahto.

(h/t Nate)

1. Politicalpartypooper
    December 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Regarding number 3, Virginia, Ahmadinijad also once claimed that, and I quote, “Iran is the mostest stablest nation in the world”.

Which would make Pittsburgh the mostest stablest city in Iran, or something like that.

2. tehamy
    December 29, 2009 5:06 pm

Not to complain or anything, but now I have to scroll half way down the page to see Tyler.

Also, that picture of the pigeons scares me.

3. Jake
    December 29, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: #2 – No legal degree required, but at least he had to take a test… Which he failed once.

Joy.

4. Jagoff
    December 29, 2009 5:32 pm

I would have never guessed that they spell Police the same way in Iran.

5. Elmer Fudd
    December 29, 2009 5:48 pm

Re #6.. If you could get Julie in a bikini I would devote my life to eradicating pigeons..If she turns you down try Al Mo..That would work too..

6. Bojack
    December 29, 2009 5:55 pm

#2
    This PG article, Motznik’s “resume,” lays out the complete BS
    1-party (influence, corruption, and incompetence) system our
    wonderful idiot voters perpetuate!

Local magistrate doesn’t pay enough for good attorneys to want it.

There is something good to be said for non-attorneys in office!!

#3 When Ahmadinejad was welcomed at Columbia U. he proudly
    announced there WERE no gays in Iran! LMAO (At least no outed live ones!)

#6

Alison Morris, PLEEEZ!!!

7. Michelle
    December 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Addendum to #5 — Pitt’s very own Larry Fitzgerald also made the team. I know you’re not much into college footeball, Ginny, and Larry does play for the Cardinals now, but he’s an incredible player and a real gentleman. He serves as a great example of how NFL players should be acting on and off the field.

December 29, 2009 8:44 pm

I’m OK with AliMo as long as she just smiles with her lips and not those huge honkin’ teeth of hers. But really, I’d rather gaze upon Patrice.

Asking the men of ThatsChurch Nation for rulings on:

Jennifer Abney

Stephanie Watson

9. Bojack
    December 29, 2009 9:00 pm

Just to show I can rise (briefly) above the trough, Alison Morris is

a cum laude Yalie!!

That being said, pillow fight with Ali vs. Steph!! :-)

10. L-A
    December 29, 2009 9:10 pm

#2 – what? um…what? so, he’s a professional schmoozer and somehow THAT makes you a judge? what?

11. Bojack
    December 29, 2009 9:56 pm

@L-A-

No, THAT makes you any of our last 10 Presidents!!

12. L-A
    December 29, 2009 10:54 pm

@Bojack: ah, yes…i forgot about those schmoozers.

13. pghgeorge
    December 29, 2009 11:19 pm

Cheerleaders would be fun. Even if they weren’t official Steelers cheerleaders. Maybe just some hot chicks in bikinis, from McKees Rocks, tailgating, and doing drunk-ass cheery stuff.

14. Mayor Luke Doggy Dogg
    December 29, 2009 11:47 pm

Gin-dawggy-dawg,

Girl, get some Cara Sapida up on this site in a bikini!

Tall Cathy too please, fo shizzle!

Werd……!

15. NW Joe
    December 30, 2009 12:21 am

#8. Is your husband reading my comments? See comment 29 on your ‘Devil wears a hoodie’ post.

16. Karyn
    December 30, 2009 7:42 am

#3 the bus on fire and the old man tripping a young girl basically sealed that decision for me.

17. Karyn
    December 30, 2009 7:47 am

oh and picture #33- that guy really like bananas.

that is all.

December 30, 2009 8:16 am

jennifer abney — nah. she only looks hot in the commercials.

stephanie watson — hells yeah. severly underrated.

patrice king brown — cougar!

alimo — sure.

julie bologna — well, of course.

cara sapida — not too shabby.

but, I hold a special torch for trisha pittman — more underrated than stephanie.

and, let’s not forget the funky hat-sportin’ timyka artist…..

19. Bojack
    December 30, 2009 8:35 am

@ L-A,

Actually, Motznik has more creds in my book than the current

and former President-

He at least has had a REAL JOB at some point in his life!!!!

20. Vivian formerly NYLuvsPitts
    December 30, 2009 9:29 am

You son sounds so cute. :)

21. Cassie
    December 30, 2009 9:57 am

That little cute had such a beautiful voice! Can’t wait to vote for her :)

December 30, 2009 10:28 am

4. I’m really not sure the world needs another Miley Cyrus (in fact, Miley Cyrus was one too many). Even a ‘Burgh Cyrus. Unless she has a has-been stagedad with a mullet (and in Pittsburgh, what are the odds?0, then I’m voting 100 times.

Unsatisfied,

Just wondered about Abney cause I’m never up early enough to see her in action. The ads IMHO don’t make her look hot, they make her look … plastic, like the living embodiment of the Barbie doll newsreaderchick. She has all the head-bob motions at the right time. I’m guessing when the newscast is over they unplug her and stick her in a closet until the next day.

Watson … I’m thinking is really about 10 years older than she’s trying to look. Sometimes it appears she has so much makeup on that she’s peering out at the world through eyes at the other end of the Squirrel Hill Tunnel. Plus I think you can see some folds around the neck from time to time. I’ll bet she’s 40+ easy if she’s a day. Not that there’s anything wrong with 40+ women, I’m married to one, but I don’t think she’s fooling anyone makeupwise.

Trisha Pittman … hmmmm … OK.

23. Cnik
    December 30, 2009 10:54 am

No couch burning in Iran :)

24. captain hankaroo
    December 30, 2009 11:17 am

I know Amy and she is not some propped up made up dance 1st sing maybe later wanna be
    she sings
    she sings all the time
    if you know music you can see it
    and you can’t help but want to root for someone like that
    good luck kid
    sing your heart out

25. Neesie
    December 30, 2009 11:29 am

1. Too cute!! Although, apparently I’m officially old, since I had to google “DSi” to make sure that I knew what it was…

26. Carpetbagger
    December 30, 2009 12:28 pm

6. Yes! We men need a fund raiser or a telethon. It’s just not fair that there is such a shortage of scantily clad women on this here Interweb doohickey.

27. butcher's dog
    December 30, 2009 1:25 pm

Stephanie Watson and Alison Morris are the two best reasons I know to own HDTV. They both rank ahead of Penguins hockey on that list. And while Stephanie does appear to have to peer backwards to see age 35, there doesn’t appear to be a shirt/blouse made that she doesn’t fill to the brim. Anyone worried about Ali Mo’s teeth must be skimming from Skippy’s slut pool, IMHO.

The pigeon picture was just disturbing. No other way around it.

Jump on that Bucco bandwagon early, folks. If we can hold on until Pedro Alvarez and Jose Tabita get here, the wave will get much higher come July. (Mixed metaphor, I know. So shoot me!)

28. butcher's dog
    December 30, 2009 1:28 pm

OH, yeah…by the time Cincy plays Sunday night their fate or ours will be sealed in stone. Don’t count on any help from the Bungles. They could very well refuse to come out after halftime if it’s too cold. That’s what we get for dropping touchdowns (I’m looking at you, Limas Sweed) and interceptions (this glare is directed at you, Joe Burnett). As Mike Tomlin says, it’s our bed and we’ll lie in it.

And Tyler Grisham/Daniel Sepulvada slobberers…that whole “bed” thing is a figure of speech. Don’t waste any time looking for a real bed. Just sayin’.

29. len
    December 30, 2009 2:51 pm

#2. Also entering the rankes of Judges is Tony Cheoffe. High School? Maybe GED. Not sure he can spell magistrate. Not the brightest bulb in the pack that’s for sure.
    I’m hoping my daughters never do something stupid and have to appear before him.
    Be afraid, be very afraid.
    The only saving grace is that they are both stupid enough to screw up and get booted off the bench. But we’re in Pittsburgh so don’t hold your breath.
    They don’t have to be lawyers but can’t they at least have a college degree for cryin’out loud!

30. len
    December 30, 2009 2:53 pm

I know, ranks! I meant ranks.

December 30, 2009 5:06 pm

Butcher’s dog,

Steph needs to read the news sideways then.

At least three of the AliMo horseteeth shots were posted here. Check the 10.10.2007 ThatsChurch archives, or Google “Alison Morris” and KDKA for images and one of the three will come up near the bottom of the first page and lead you to the others.

32. PittCheMBA
    December 30, 2009 9:57 pm

#4 – Amy Colalella has a YouTube Channel with more videos, http://www.youtube.com/user/amycolalella

33. spoon
    January 1, 2010 9:43 pm

AliMo is a golden goddess.

bucdaddy. I’d take Stephanie. She looks like a whiskey or martini drinker. Abney seems too much like a closet WOOOOO girl. Probably daquaris and drinks with umbrellas.