Steelers Random n’at

I’m aware that not all of you are diehard Steelers fans (May God have mercy on your souls), but I’ve got to get some Steelers news out of the way here.  But you can rest assured that my next post has nothing to do with the Steelers.  Because it is about cats.

Hand to God.

Okay, stuff:

1.  Troysus got an acting agent because he must want to be the next Terry Bradshaw.  I’m thinking, with his hair, he could totally play Slash in the Lifetime Original Movie, Blind No More — Brushing the Hair Out of My Eyes: The Slash Story.

Here’s a fun fact, with my hair, I could ALSO play that role.

I need an agent. And a penis. And a guitar. And hookers and blow.

(h/t Viv)

2.  My dad is totally going to call me about the hookers and blow line.

3.  Cabbage Patch Baby Cici Donna and James Harrison have made the Pro Bowl. And that’s it.

I call shenanigans on this because Benny has done more than enough this year to earn a Pro Bowl spot.

It’s not often you find me coming to Benny’s defense, and this must be twice in as many weeks that I’ve done it, and look at that there snowman the pigeons built in hell.

Benny needs to do or say something real douchey soon so I can get my Duke of Fug/Earl of Gross mojo back.

4.  Lamarr Woodley is obviously trying to get Cincinnati mad enough to actually play the game Sunday:

All of them will lay down,” said Woodley, who leads the Steelers with 11.5 sacks, third in the AFC. “No one wants to see Pittsburgh in there. That’s just how it is. Everybody knows we’re a dangers (sic) team once we get into the playoffs no matter how we played throughout the whole year.”

Well, whine about it all you want Lamarr, but our playoff hopes should never have gotten this dim to begin with.

Coach agrees:

“I could care less how the Bengals approach what it is they do,” he said.  “We created this situation. What we are going to do is control what we can control, and that’s our preparation of play for the game.”

5.  Hines is hurt.

Receiver Hines Ward now has injuries to both hamstrings. Tomlin: “Hines is miserable … . He’s got two hamstrings and a myriad of other issues. It gives him a bad disposition, but he’ll show.”

6.  This might be Willie Parker’s last game as a Steeler.

Hey, maybe Troysus could play Willie in his Lifetime Original Movie, More Than an Ouchie — Turf Toe Ruined My Career: The Willie Parker Story.

1. eileen
    December 30, 2009 2:36 pm

@6. That’s also what ended Jack Lambert’s career. (I think)

2. Jtown
    December 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Ben, Miller, and Woodley also made the pro bowl as alternates.

Can’t wait for the cat story…..

3. Stacey
    December 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Ben being an alternate means that he could end up going since the probowl is the week before the superbowl this year. You know whichever AFC quarterback is playing in the superbowl will not show for the probowl…

4. Monty
    December 30, 2009 3:14 pm

Better hope none of the TV sets in Hawaii are broken then.

5. Jtown
    December 30, 2009 3:20 pm

Being that it’s in Miami, what the hell does that even mean?

6. Monty
    December 30, 2009 3:29 pm

I think it means you paid more attention to where the Pro Bowl is this year.

7. Carpetbagger
    December 30, 2009 3:32 pm

Pro Bowl is largely a reputation award. Harrison is getting rewarded for last season. Ben will get rewarded next year if he is even mediocre.

If I may play the movie game: Corey Haim IS Jeff Reed in “Skippy: Portrait of a Douchey Alcoholic.”

8. red pen mama
    December 30, 2009 3:34 pm

5. Dipping a pacifier in sugar reduces the pain reaction in a child that sucks on it. True story. (How I know: used it when Kate was getting an IV at Children’s Hospital — the only time she was there, knock wood.)

I’m just sayin’.

ciao,
    rpm

9. PSUmama
    December 30, 2009 3:37 pm

Anyone want a size 3T Willie Parker jersey? My MIL bought it for my son last year when he was 9 months old, it won’t fit for another year or 2. Or I guess it’s a collector’s item now, eh?

10. red pen mama
    December 30, 2009 3:39 pm

@eileen, true dat.

Also, I just have to add, I love how the scenarios for how the Steelers can make the playoffs (and Jim Mora is in my head saying, “Playoffs!?” now) say a team needs to “lose or tie”. OR TIE? because there have been so many ties in the NFL over the past 75 years.

I’m all worked up for some reason. Where’s that picture of Tyler “who the hell — oh, hi, dere” Grisham?

ciao,
    rpm

11. Tina Fey
    December 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Ginger, regarding number 1, I agree. You could play Slash. However, your hair looks lovely when you tame it. We’re all jealous of your hair.

Regarding number 2, Dad will probably have to ask me what “blow” is before he calls to yell at you. I’m pretty sure he has no clue. He posted something on here the other day and someone else posted “Word” to his comment and he didn’t know what that meant. I think he thought they were swearing at him, so he was pleasantly surprised when I told him it meant they were in agreement.

12. Anna
    December 30, 2009 4:31 pm

#2 — Not to mention the penis!

13. Still A. Fan
    December 30, 2009 4:37 pm

lol, i believe that was me who “Worded” your pops. I did agree with him. However, if he ever came to my site….I have a feeling he would agree with my politics and HATE my smart mouth.

Lots of people say “should have made it” but when you do, you have to say who should lose their spot and make an arguement. Ben’s rating is higher than Brady’s. It’s behind Peyton’s and River’s. I don’t however think that rating should be the only thing looked at. Ben beat Rivers head-to-head and I think if a 4th quarter drive were needed – most head coaches in the league would take Ben over Rivers to lead it.

14. cheld
    December 30, 2009 4:50 pm

hey, just to let you all know, i saw the running lady(amy?) running up provost rd. this morning…

15. bluzdude
    December 30, 2009 4:51 pm

I, for one, will be sorry to see Fast Willie go. I thought he should have been given more of a chance this year. He spent his ‘Pre-Rashard’ carries this year getting hit 2 yards deep in the backfield.

I will never forget the sight of #39 chugging toward where we were sitting in Ford Field during SBXL. I screamed in notes that have never been heard before.

December 30, 2009 5:01 pm

You can use mine. And my guitar, too.

December 30, 2009 5:16 pm

pro bowl.

*yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn*

18. windy city steel city
    December 30, 2009 5:58 pm

No mention that Slash is wearing a cut-off t with “SLUTS” written on it? Thought there would be some zinger about Dances with Towel Dispenser Skippy. I see a Wear Pittsburgh design in the future

19. Mulrooney
    December 30, 2009 6:29 pm

Did anyone else notice that the Robinson Twp Costco is now stocking Jumbo packs of Trojan Condoms!?!? I did a double take when I seen these. Damn, that’s a lot of, you know, activity.

December 30, 2009 6:59 pm

Mulrooney,

No, but I have noticed they label the boxes “medium,” “large” etc. You’d think they’d sell a hell of a lot more if they labeled them all “extra large.” I know I’d smile taking a box of XL up to every checkout girl in town.

21. Scott
    December 30, 2009 7:01 pm

I’m all for more hot chick action on “That’s Church”, but Julie Baloney? Not so much.

22. Politicalpartypooper
    December 30, 2009 7:11 pm

#1 I couldn’t play the part of Slash, due in part to the fact that I’m bald, from an accident with the business end of an industrial floor sander. Otherwise, we’re twins.

23. Beth
    December 30, 2009 7:19 pm

So funny you bring up coke and hookers, because that’s always my husband’s suggestion for how any extra money we come into should be spent. In fact, we had this conversation on Christmas, after I opened a card from my in-laws.
    Me: “Hey, your mom and dad gave us $200.”
    DH: “Coke and hookers! Coke and hookers!”

He’s joking, of course. Unlike Slash.

24. Carol
    December 30, 2009 7:53 pm

When you say “Slash” I am reminded of Kordell Stewart, who must be like 35 years old now? Anyway, my daughter was an intern for the Late Show (shut-up, she never met Dave Letterman, only the guests!) and she meet Slash at a bar and he tried to pick her up. She’s all of 22 years old and she has a funny VM from him saved on her phone which totally creeped me out. Unrelated, of course, but kind of funny.

25. PA girl trapped in VA
    December 30, 2009 8:38 pm

Really am I the only one who thinks Jeff got over looked for the Pro Bowl? and yes, before you ask I voted for him. (and almost every Steeler out there)

Anyways, I agree that Ben got over shot for the spot. My husband, who is not a Steelers fan **moment of silence** had a conversation while reading this about the pro bowl and our conversation went a little like this…

Me: Ben didn’t get picked for the pro bowl.
    Him: Really?! Did anyone from the Steelers?
    Me: Yes
    Him: Who? Harrison?
    Me: Yes and Casey Hampton
    Him: What? Hampton, what the hell has he done for you all this year?
    Me: I have no clue?!
    Him: What a waste.

I will not reveal his team, but only tell you it’s not an AFC team and HE DOES root for us, Yea! And he knows his shit. So if he says it’s a waste, I believe it.

Also, I think it’s great that they are getting hyped about this weekends game and the thrill of making it or not making it is probably making them practice or learn harder, but my question is WHERE WAS THAT SHIT …. UM….. WEEKS AGO? Ginny’s right our play off hopes should have never got this dim. The created this mess and if they don’t make it, even with a win, then they deserve what they get because they should have been playing a hell of a lot better then they were. After all…as every announcer keeps reminding us…we are the Superbowl Champs…

26. PA girl trapped in VA
    December 30, 2009 10:28 pm

In the Tomlin press conference he was approached with this question…

Would the Bengals play to win a “meaningless” game to win and set up a third matchup with the Steelers, or would they rest their front-line players to set up a possible rematch with the Jets in Cincinnati in the first round of the playoffs?

“I could care less how the Bengals approach what it is they do,” said Tomlin. “It’s our bed, we’re going to lay in it. We created the situation. What we are going to do is control what we can control, and that’s our preparation and play in the game (against the Dolphins). We’re not going to cry over spilled milk. If there’s any level of disappointment in terms of how this thing unfolds, it’ll be on us.”

~~ Well… At least someone can admit it.

27. Luke Steelerstahl
    December 31, 2009 12:17 am

Casey Hampton? CASEY F’N HAMPTON?!?!?!

That fatbody can’t possibly be amongst the top 15 defensive tackles in the AFC, and he made the Pro-Bowl?

The Steelers don’t deserve more players, they deserve less.

28. Carpetbagger
    December 31, 2009 9:24 am

Hey, the Bengals have no one in the Pro Bowl, while the Raiders and Browns have two players each! (We should know how good they are. We lost to all of them.)

29. PA Girl in VA
    December 31, 2009 10:15 am

@PA girl trapped in VA: Jeff Reed? Never heard of him. You must be obsessed :o) And why won’t you tell the world that you’re marrried to a Cowgirls fan (although I will admit that your hubby is a GREAT guy and knows football!)?

I must say that I agree that the Steelers have not played up to their potential this year, regardless of the reason, and must live with the consequences.

Happy New Year, everyone, and HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

30. Jmat
    December 31, 2009 10:26 am

How many games would Troy miss if he sprained his hair?

31. Christine
    December 31, 2009 11:06 am

And I quote:
    “Since I have only ever known Hines Ward to have two “dispositions,” that being THE HAPPIEST, SMILIEST, SUNSHINEY MAN ON THE PLANET or weeping, I’m going to assume “bad disposition” means weeping.”

And I laugh out loud. Thanks Ginny.

32. Joe K.
    December 31, 2009 7:41 pm

Will be sad to see Willie Parker go if it comes to that. He was a great performer and had a bad rap as strictly a “speed” back. Parker never got arm tackled, and sometimes he didn’t need to score in goal-line situations because he already scored from 30 or more yards away.

33. Ginny's Dad
    January 1, 2010 12:04 pm

Ooooooooooooooh no! Where did I go wrong?