Apocalypse.

This weekend I was cleaning out my husband’s watch case, which I purchased for him because he has SIX MILLION WATCHES and apparently six million watches is THREE MILLION WATCHES too few.

He buys watches like I buy black shoes.

I own a lot of black shoes.

Anyway, look what I found in his watch case!  A picture of me in college holding A DEMON!

Yes, too much makeup and look at my nails and there may be a dead dog in my giant hair, who can tell?

The back of the picture tells me that this is the outside cat “Baby” that my dorm-mates and I adopted in Texas one year.

I remember Baby.  Baby was before I realized cats think I have dead birds in my boobage.

But there, cat people, who have been writing me nasty emails. I once liked cats.

Also, it’s not like I kicked a real cat, unlike how I kick pigeons, and it’s not like I’m stabbing cats, unlike how I stab pigeons, and it’s not like I’m setting cats on fire, unlike — you know what?  I’ll just stop there before the pigeon lovers start taking me too seriously again.

Besides, I lost my butane torch.

1. parkingchair
    January 4, 2010 2:25 pm

Why do I have sudden urge to dig up and listen to some Taylor Dayne cassingles?

2. Joe K.
    January 4, 2010 2:34 pm

And you were making fun of Jane Orie’s nails . . .

3. Politicalpartypooper
    January 4, 2010 2:38 pm

Jeepers, Ginny,

You must need a rototiller to comb through that hair. How thick is it? Can you knock your husband out with it when it’s wet?

4. Al
    January 4, 2010 3:12 pm

I didn’t think Glamour Shots used live animals as props.

5. Michael Armbrust
    January 4, 2010 5:00 pm

Personally I think it looks like your squeezing the life out of the kitty..but that’s me..

6. butcher's dog
    January 4, 2010 5:16 pm

Look up “hawt” in any dictionary and this picture is beside the definition.

7. Still A, Fan
    January 4, 2010 5:54 pm

see…i wanted and got a new watch for Christmas and I bought my last one last February. I was also asked “dont you have enough watches?” I only have a handfull of nice ones. I would love to have 6 million. I can go to ashfords online and browse for hours. It’s a sickness.

8. Clementine
    January 4, 2010 8:07 pm

Uh, why do you look the same age now as in your college picture? Not fair. I look (and feel) about a hundred years older than any college picture of me.

January 4, 2010 8:21 pm

You’re adorable. Smokin’ adorable.

And what’s the line legendarily attributed to Johnny Carson?

“Put the damn cat down and I will.”

10. Darla
    January 4, 2010 8:41 pm

I think you look pretty

11. Magnus Patris
    January 4, 2010 9:06 pm

@bucdaddy I had the exact same thought, but you beat me to it. Hiiii-ooooooooooooooooooo!

12. chrys
    January 5, 2010 12:27 am

I think you look adorable. :)

The watch thing.. I know it well. LOL! I love watches.. I have about 30 of them, and guess what? Only one has a working battery. LOL!

13. gunnlino
    January 5, 2010 1:28 pm

Here’s the deal…..your husband has a cherished place he keeps his cherished things . One of which, of course , is a cherished photo taken a long time ago and far away. So every time he opens the watch case there is his most cherished sweetheart. ‘Nuff said.

14. pghgeorge
    January 5, 2010 6:04 pm

I think that pretty romantic, and its a cute picture.
    I have my wife’s 5th grade school picture, and her college picture in my wallet. My father-in law gave them to me before he passed away. He carried them around in his wallet. Now I ask people if they want to see a picture of my wife, and I pull out her 5th grade picture.

15. beaner
    January 5, 2010 8:45 pm

Ginny–very very cute.
    (Buc Daddy–I don’t get it…seriously…)

January 5, 2010 9:23 pm

Beaner, you reveal yourself to be a young-un, so here goes:

Supposedly Carson once had a comely actress on his show who arrived at the interview couch with a cat. She supposedly asked Carson, “Would you like to pet my pussy?” To which Carson supposedly rendered the above quote.

I believe this has all been officially dismissed as a fabrication, but it’s too good a line to just go away.

17. beaner
    January 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Thanks Buc!
    Not a young un….more like old & pre Alzheimers I think.
    I do remember that story now….very funny.