- January 6, 2010
- filed under City Council, Dan Onorato, Local media, Mayor Ravenstahl, Steelers, Weather
1. It is January. It is snowing. This is Pittsburgh. I do love snow. I do love winter. BUT THIS IS A LOT OF WINTER HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!
And Mr. Jeff Verszyla isn’t helping matters what with his gloomy twitter tweets. Read from the bottom up:
Okay, I’ll stop. But seriously. WAH!
My left breast for a drop of sunshine.
2. I just realized that while I won “Best Blog” this year in the City Paper poll, they never invited me to the party at the Rex for the winners.
[shakes cute little fist]
But if you voted for me, thank you!
3. Here’s something I HAVE been invited to attend. I was nominated by Coro-Pittsburgh for the Martin Luther King Jr. Leadership Award.
First, it’s ridiculously flattering and unexpected and I AM SO NOT WORTHY.
Second, if you take a look at the dinner and selection committees, you will understand how VERY interesting this will be. Filled with former NEED board members and friends of NEED and also the Mayor and Dan Onorato and lots of important people, some of whom I’m sure that when they say the word “blogger” they say it like this “blog[gag]er.”
But show up I will. With my head held high. With my husband at my side. And I’m going to shove my face up against someone’s boobs so that the Post-Gazette will take my picture and it will have the caption of “Blogger formerly know as PittGirl, Virginia Montanez, wearing early 2000s TJ-Maxx. And a scarf.”
I kid, but really, it is quite an honor, especially considering how much good Coro does.
If you are going to be there, too, please come talk to me!
Here’s what I’ll be doing:
That picture was taken at the ESPRIT event by Mr. Bill Peduto.
Jim Lokay and Bill really are good sports, yinz guys.
4. Here’s a fun little app for your iPhone or iTouch: YinzBar!
Find a friendly black and gold-painted face where ever your travels take you!
5. Next Saturday is the Mascot Skate at Schenley Park should you wish to take your braver children.
I won’t be there because my daughter would kick those mascots in their respective junks if they came near her. And then as they fell to the ice, she would go ninja and slit their throats with her skate before asking me for a juice box.
Can’t say I blame her because that is a seriously scary-looking group of furries.
Also, I can’t freaking believe Steely Freaking McBeam is still freaking alive.
I would pay good money to see Kenny the Kangaroo take his punk ass out with a few well placed upper cuts. To the junk.
(h/t Susan and Dawn)
6. Kelly Frey and her husband brought Baby Bennett to Kelly’s first day back on the air and there’s a video in which the cutie pie muffin opens his eyes and cutes all over the dang place. CUTE! And miraculous.
See. Miracles really do happen, which gives me hope that one day I’ll get my miracle.
You know, coming out of the grocery store to find that Secret Agent L has tied Daniel Sepulveda to the hood of my car.