With a name like Jebediah

These two guys from the PG have a weekly video segment in which they discuss and give tips on …

a. Barn-building

b. Calf-birthing

c. Butter-churning

d. Oatmeal

e. Technology

YOU WILL NEVER GUESS IN A MILLION YEARS.

1. Lisa G.
    January 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Isn’t that (old) dude on the left the techno guy from the P-G?? But you’re right, they look like they should be on Old McDonald’s farm somewhere out in the boondocks.

2. Novos51
    January 12, 2010 3:58 pm

I thought it was Wilford and we was going to talk about the Diabetes

3. Sooska
    January 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Technology (circa 1910) you know…black candlestick telephones, Victrolas and Nickeldeons. They are discussing whether Marconi deserved the 1909 Nobel for his work in wireless telegraphy (aka radio.)

4. J.J.
    January 12, 2010 4:09 pm

hey, when did the pg+ hire Bartles and Jaymes? and arent they somehow related to Mrs. Zima?

5. spoon
    January 12, 2010 4:12 pm

I have a craving for oatmeal

6. GoBobbo
    January 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Cable access anyone?

7. Glowczewski
    January 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Novos51, I thought about Mr. Brimley right away: Quaker Oats – ‘Its the right thing to do and the tasty way to do it’

8. menonites r cooler
    January 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Why weren’t hip hop,handguns and hookers a multiple choice option?

9. butcher's dog
    January 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Are we developing a pattern with the P-G here? Are we beginning to understand why their product is no longer delivered much beyond the shadow of the fountain at the Point? If this is one of America’s Great Newspapers, then Ginny should hang onto this gig because there won’t be any American newspapers soon, great or not.

10. Erin
    January 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Hee hee! This one short post contains so much funny. I’m so glad to have you back. On a somber note, agree with butcher’s dog on the PG. The issue today was as thin as a pancake, and the Lawrenceville fashion article was just absurd.

11. ed
    January 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Sorry to interrupt this technology broadcast but the 1950’s called and they want their pocket protectors, suspenders, slide rules, eyeglasses and the 8.5×11 paper back immediately.

12. Margie
    January 12, 2010 5:34 pm

the production quality looks like something I did in high school in the mid 80’s – this is just sad.

January 12, 2010 5:35 pm

I would have guessed that they were the brand-new PG fashion editors…..

14. Damon
    January 12, 2010 5:44 pm

Wow I only made it 1:30 in and had to stop. Made my eyes and ears bleed!

15. John Allison
    January 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Yes, this is amusing. But looks are deceiving. My two colleagues — Ced Kurtz (he of bushy white stache) and Tim Dunham, who *does* wear suspenders (no belt) every day — in fact know a massive amount about technology. They have been at it for years. They work as hard as anyone can, adapting a mass-media institution to the digital whatever we’re in and headed toward.

16. chrys
    January 12, 2010 5:56 pm

LMAO!!! Is this some sort of joke?

17. Monty
    January 12, 2010 6:03 pm

What’s not to love about these guys? You can tell they’re as nice as they come. And that computers make them happier than a japanese schoolgirl in a Hello Kitty store.

I like the cut of their jib.

January 12, 2010 7:15 pm

F: Food

I don’t know the dude on the right, but the one on the left is Chris Fennimore, or my name isn’t Nancy Polinski.

19. Elmer Fudd
    January 12, 2010 7:21 pm

When did the Amish get their own public access channel?

20. RIZZO
    January 12, 2010 7:21 pm

I gotta go with technology, or lack there of. Where is the PG going? I love the paper product myself.

21. Pensgirl
    January 12, 2010 8:56 pm

This post is an absolute pleasure, a small but delectable piece of dark chocolate after dinner. And the comments are the garnish.

22. Marcy
    January 12, 2010 9:06 pm

Oh, Ginny, I love you.

(P.S: I work with tech geeks and believe it or not, these guys would fit right in!)

23. O
    January 12, 2010 9:26 pm

Don’t laugh: these guys helped me reprogram my punchcard loom.

24. Virginia
    January 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Pretty sure O wins.

25. Melissa
    January 13, 2010 6:39 am

Calf-birthing?!?!? I can’t catch my breath from laughing so hard!!!!!!!!!

26. Bob
    January 13, 2010 7:48 am

Off subject, Ginny. But do you have some way of checking in with the McMutrie sisters in Haiti? Their Mom used to work for me and since hearing about the orphanage they run we have been giving some thought to adopting from them….

27. Amanda
    January 13, 2010 8:04 am

Being in technology myself, those men resemble a lot of people I know in the industry. Once a geek, always a geek.

Unrelated, I too was wondering about the McMutire sisters and the orphanage. Since news broke about the earthquake in Haiti I have been keeping them in my thoughts. Have you heard from them at all? Do they blog?

28. LaReina
    January 13, 2010 8:36 am

Looks like the Picksburgh version of Big Jim McBob and Billy Sol Hurok. That pirogy blowed up real good!

29. Jfarr
    January 13, 2010 8:42 am

I used to be the third in the Tech Triumvirate in that weekly videocast. Ced and Tim are very smart guys and we had a lot of fun doing those videos. We got good feedback from the four or five people who stumbled upon our show, and I will miss being a part of it. It was the high point of my work week.

30. Betoon
    January 13, 2010 9:07 am

Daryl and Daryl and the other Daryl is manning the camera.

31. Laura Schneiderman
    January 13, 2010 9:23 am

Looks can be deceiving. These guys know technology!

32. CrashJK
    January 13, 2010 9:43 am

Come on…these are Ron Cook’s drinking buddies !!!…you know, the seniors that spend all morning in McDonalds drinking the free refill coffee and bitchin’ about EVERYTHING…those type of drinkin’ buddies (make it decaf drinkin’ buddies)…Print media is dead

33. sallie
    January 14, 2010 3:56 pm

Talk about judging a book by its cover…

34. OHmommy
    January 15, 2010 11:58 pm

You friend on twitter only mentioned having a Haiti child if adopted. How can I house one child RIGHT NOW

35. Rosie Blankenship
    January 19, 2010 2:18 pm

FOURTEEN MINUTES FOR A PODCAST? I made it to 1:04. That was more painful than the time I accidentally rammed a stick under my fingernail.