1. As I’ve been tweeting (as I twote? PUTTYTAT!) my butler Mike hooked me up with a MacBook because he’s been listening to me whine about Vista for more than a year now. “Vista sucks. Vista is evil. Vista causes cancer. Vista was created by Satan. Vista ate my son’s homework. Vista makes the baby Jesus cry.” and on and on and on. So to shut me up, he presented me with a MacBook to use as long as I want. He even said I could paint it any color I want.
So now, instead of hearing me whine all, “Vista causes bad hair days,” he now gets to hear me whine, “Where’s the Print Screen key? How do I delete forwards instead of backwards? How do I install a program? Where’s the right clicker thingy? What’s this? I think this computer just laughed at me. How do you get paint out of the keyboard?”
He’s so long suffering.
2. Mario skated with a Make-a-Wish kid. Sniffle. Hugs.
3. Remember I told you about our local cutie Amy who was a finalist to win a recording contract via Miley Cyrus? She won! Woo!
4. Dennis Roddy is in Haiti, doing what he does — making you feel his words.
5. My February column is up over at the magazine and it is about the Pittsburgh Potty, something I learned about on twitter. Soon, I’ll post a picture of my very own super scary-looking Pittsburgh Potty. I think a demon might live in it, it’s so weird looking.
Also, over at the Magazine’s site, tomorrow you’ll find my second post on my new blog. It’s all about a certain famous traffic-directing cop who recently passed away, Vic Cianca. Station wagons are also discussed. I’ll link you to it once it’s up.
6. Berger and Green, those choppy-sounding DID YOU CUT YOUR FINGER ON A TOO-SHARP KNIFE?! WE WILL GET YOU THE MILLIONS YOU DESERVE AND MAYBE SOME HEADS ON SOME STICKS lawyers made it on to Boing Boing. Represent!
7. Via Deadspin, you could, for the low low low price of $1,000 own the purple leather couch that once belonged for former Pittsburgh Penguin Darius Kasparaitis.
Which is stupid and ridiculous to buy a couch just because it was once owned by a professional athlete.
Now ask me if I’d like to buy Daniel Sepulveda’s old bathroom mirror and tell me where to mail the check.
(h/t Charles again! Charles likes to send me fun stuff.)
8. Ever wondered what ARE the 57 Varieties that Heinz boasts about? Here you go!
Chow chow pickle? Really? What about Meow Meow Mustard?
9. Friday, February 5 is the next Mariachi Night at Las Velas, meaning real live Mariachis will be there from 6 to 9 p.m. to play wonderful music for you while you eat and drink. I will be there. I have asked my husband if I can tend bar for a bit during the night. I have some Tom Cruise Cocktail moves I’m dying to try out. Just don’t order anything but beer, soda, or margaritas from me. If you ask for something super complex like a White Russian? [blank stare]
10. Finally, this is something I was supposed to do on January 18, but as you know, BRESMA happened. So, better late than never. To my reader Linda O’Brien of Marietta, Ohio, who I’m told is all about taking care of everyone but herself, at the request of your loving husband Gary, who I hope came through surgery with flying colors, HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY!
So sorry I’m late with that.