1. I’m knocking on wood and throwing salt over my shoulder and stabbing this here Marian Hossa voodoo doll right in the crotch as hard as I can, so I can tell you that I’m one of the few lucky homeowners in Pittsburgh whose home has not yet sprung a leak from all of this snow.
Twitter is full of Burghers posting pictures of leaks and wall bubbles. If my house does spring a leak, I’m going to take it out on Marian Hossa.
2. I’ve been watching the Olympics and I gotta say a few things. First, it is nice to see Ryan Malone on my TV again. And second, I’m pretty sure I would be a kickass curl skip. Third, I may take up snowboarding just so I have an excuse to buy and wear the USA Olympic Snowboarding team’s uniform. I bet I could really make those jeans look awesome as I’m rushed into the emergency room with blood shooting out of my ears.
3. Jeff Verszyla is on twitter telling us that the snow storm rumored to hit Sunday and Monday possibly dumping up to a foot of new snow on us is actually going to be more rain than snow. If he is wrong and we get hit with more snow, this Marian Hossa doll can be turned into a Jeff Verszyla doll with a few strokes of a Sharpie.
4. Today Mike Woycheck and I visited Children’s Hospital for a meeting and that means I’ll have an update on Make Room for Kids for you later tonight. It is so exciting what we’re going to do over there with the $14,000 you donated. I think you’ll love it, and if you don’t, I can glue some curly hair and some do me boots on this doll and you can just go nuts on it.
5. Reader Charles sent me this from Overhead Everywhere:
I’m not saying it was me that said that. I’m saying I might have to try to take a pigeon down by swinging a cheese wheel because that sounds pretty freaking awesome.
6. Pitt footballer Elijah Wood Fields (IT’S BEEN A LONG DAY!) was kicked off the team for posting a video on Twitter of him partying with girls and drinking alcohol, because NO ONE in college parties with girls and drinks alcohol.
Here’s a picture he posted on his twitter account, which has since been taken down, but his twitpic account is still up and public:
What is that? Like $50,000?
When I was a senior in college, the most mad money I ever had on my person at any one time was maybe ten dollars and some ramen noodles.
(h/t Mondesi’s House)
7. If you haven’t yet read my “Respect the Parking Chair” post over at the Pittsburgh Magazine blog, check it out here. I’m one of those people that believes in the winter-time parking chair. Monday, a new post will be up about how scared I am when I have to drive in snow and ice. But I have a good reason for being that way! And that reason is that I’m a wuss. My March column is also up and it gives credit to Pittsburgh for helping to save the children of BRESMA.
8. I have a massive headache and the reason that I have a massive headache is because I drove from my house to the hospital in Lawrenceville to Oakland and then back to the hospital to return Mike to his car after our lunch. Driving doesn’t give me a headache, but Burghers, playing DON’T GET EATEN BY THE POTHOLES will.
You know how like in a disaster movie there will be a scene where two people are in a car fleeing, perhaps from a meteor storm or perhaps from lava bombs raining down from a nearby erupting volcano or perhaps from cows being flung from an approaching tornado, and the driver of the car will be turning the steering wheel hard left then right then left trying to avoid certain death and the passenger is screaming things like, “LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, COW!, LEFT?”
Yeah, that was pretty much how it was driving the streets of Pittsburgh today.
But it’s okay. When I got home I took it out on my Marian Hossa doll.