Ortho … wait for it … FORCE.

You have GOT to watch this commercial, or should I say trailer for Butler Health System’s Center for Orthopedic Excellence, a medical practice in Butler, PA.

YouTube Preview Image

I like the slow motion; I like the movie voice; I like the KABLOOEY; I like the angel glow, and boy, those last names.

Wouldn’t they make up a great law firm name in a comedy movie script?  Couldn’t you see the perky receptionist answering the phone, “Good morning.  Agnes, Muzzonigro, Pfaeffle, Pullekines, Spignola, Szabo and Waltrip.  How may I direct your call?”

Also, somewhere Cindy Berger and Laurence Green are having coffee all, “Did you just get the oddest sensation that someone stole our thunder?”

(h/t CHARLES!)

1. spoon
    March 3, 2010 1:10 pm

they have to be serious… they’re always crossing their arms and that’s something you don’t mess with.

2. Cassie
    March 3, 2010 1:19 pm

OMG, I saw that on TV last week and about crapped my pants. A little much?

3. Tricia
    March 3, 2010 1:48 pm

I just read the whole entry thinking I was reading Ezra Klein. And, I still don’t know if health insurance reform is what this country really needs!

4. Margie
    March 3, 2010 2:30 pm

I wouldn’t go to Butler Health System for a hang nail. The last time I was there, I was taken in an ambulance. They brought me in, put me in a wheelchair and wheeled me into the waiting room. Oy…

5. Sheila
    March 3, 2010 2:33 pm

Orthos have the highest opinions of themselves so its good to see they can poke fun at themselves.
    Dr. “Muzzy” actually did surgery on my mom years ago & my sisters & I would argue over who would take her to her appointments b/c he was so good looking. You forget all about the hour wait after you see him :)

6. red pen mama
    March 3, 2010 2:40 pm

I saw that commercial the other night and laughed my ass off. Which didn’t take long.

7. CarolineFB
    March 3, 2010 4:08 pm

Doctors with a PR firm? They should be ashamed of themselves.

8. andrea
    March 3, 2010 4:15 pm

C’mon people — this is clearly tongue-in-cheek! It’s great!

9. chrys
    March 3, 2010 4:30 pm

The first time I saw this commercial I was all “WTF is this crap?”.. and I will say I’ve seen it a few more times and I am still all “WTF is this crap??”.. :P

March 3, 2010 7:42 pm

I don’t know what PR firm did the spin job on Berger and Green, but they deserve a … whatever the Oscar is for PR firms. They dolled Cindy up and calmed her down to where she looks almost (dare I say I? Yes, I dare) attractive.

Compare that with “LOOK AT ME!”

Of course, I don’t know if I’d notice the good Cindy at all now if the bad Cindy hadn’t been SOOOO. BAAAAD.

11. USCMike
    March 3, 2010 11:35 pm

I saw it and the first thing that came to mind is that their music is much more aggressive than UPMC’s soothing “Cinema Paradiso” music, so it gets your attention. The kind of attention usually reserved for all of our lawyer commercials…

Seriously, these guys probably figured out that with the local UPMC hegemony, they need an edge somewhere and this commercial certainly makes you take notice, and beats the heck out of the “sell your gold” commercials or Edgar Snyder’s stuff.

I guess the key is if they can live up to their commercial hype and are truly excellent orthos!

12. Stacie
    March 4, 2010 9:15 am

We are huge fans of these guys. They fixed my husband’s knee so he could get his 35-year-old butt back on a soccer field, (which was really important to him in some macho competetive way I just don’t understand), and led to resolution of the brooding and sulking as well. I now happily submit to the pause-rewind-exclaim!-repeat ritual adopted by said husband each time this commercial graces our television.

13. DrOlaf
    March 4, 2010 3:13 pm

They say that they “serve the butler area”. What part of the body is that?

“Hey doc, I’ve got this throbbing pain in my butler area. Should I go see a specialist?”

14. Betoon
    March 8, 2010 3:15 pm

Oh I am laughing at Butler Area, when I actually have a comment. Anyway – saw this and thought I was having some sort of drug induced flashback brought on by NyQuil. I like this and if you get help with knee boo boos, then these guys are super heroes!