Over at my Pittsburgh Magazine blog, I started a new series called “Five Questions for…” in which I will ask various Burghers … five questions! I bet you thought I was going to say six questions, didn’t you? I like to keep you on your toes.
I decided to kick the series off with none other than my future best friend and my first self-united husband, actor David Conrad. I know some of you don’t “get” why I love him so much, but I think his answers to these questions might help you understand a bit why I lick his picture every day.
I meant to say, “… help you understand a bit why he’s at the top of the self-united husband totem pole.”
These are the questions I asked him.
1. When are you going to do Shakespeare in Pittsburgh?!
2. If you had just one day to show an outsider the City of Pittsburgh and to make that person fall in love with it, to which location(s) would you take him or her?
His answer is epic.
3. Answer me honestly and I promise I won’t freak out and try to chain you to the Roberto Clemente Bridge no matter how you respond: Do you see yourself living in Pittsburgh in ten years? Twenty?
4. Will the Pirates finally play .500 ball this year? I say they will. You say?
Reading his answer, man, I want to be in the room with a bucket of popcorn and a comfy chair when he finally gets Bob Nutting alone.
5. If you won an Oscar, who would be the first person you would thank?
It isn’t me.
I’m shocked, too!