Five Questions

Over at my Pittsburgh Magazine blog, I started a new series called “Five Questions for…” in which I will ask various Burghers … five questions!  I bet you thought I was going to say six questions, didn’t you? I like to keep you on your toes.

I decided to kick the series off with none other than my future best friend and my first self-united husband, actor David Conrad.  I know some of you don’t “get” why I love him so much, but I think his answers to these questions might help you understand a bit why I lick his picture every day.

Whoa!

I meant to say, “… help you understand a bit why he’s at the top of the self-united husband totem pole.”

These are the questions I asked him.

1. When are you going to do Shakespeare in Pittsburgh?!

2. If you had just one day to show an outsider the City of Pittsburgh and to make that person fall in love with it, to which location(s) would you take him or her?

His answer is epic.

3. Answer me honestly and I promise I won’t freak out and try to chain you to the Roberto Clemente Bridge no matter how you respond: Do you see yourself living in Pittsburgh in ten years? Twenty?

4. Will the Pirates finally play .500 ball this year? I say they will. You say?

Reading his answer, man, I want to be in the room with a bucket of popcorn and a comfy chair when he finally gets Bob Nutting alone.

5. If you won an Oscar, who would be the first person you would thank?

It isn’t me.

I’m shocked, too!

Happy reading!

1. Pa-pop
    March 4, 2010 7:56 pm

Dear God, answer #2 IS epic. I’ll be in the car behind you on that tour. His answer to #4 was way too vague and non-committal … :D.

2. bluzdude
    March 4, 2010 8:00 pm

It’s so cool that he sent such long and attentive answers. But admit it, in question 1, you were trying to get him to say “forsooth.”

3. ErinPatricia
    March 4, 2010 8:14 pm

Answer #2 seals it. I’m in Looooooove!

4. Nay Nay
    March 4, 2010 8:15 pm

Wow. #2 should be one of those charity “Win a day with David Conrad” thingys.

5. Virginia
    March 4, 2010 8:17 pm

I sent David the email at 5:14 p.m. and he responded at 6:30 p.m. Coming up with the answer to #2 was obviously not something he had to think long and hard about. Which rocks.

March 4, 2010 8:27 pm

…..unless he already had it canned….just for such occasions….. ;-)

7. Holli
    March 4, 2010 8:34 pm

WOW!! Where can I sign up for the tour?

8. Tolnski
    March 4, 2010 8:37 pm

Wow. Awesome.

9. JenEngland
    March 4, 2010 9:02 pm

Ginny, that’s what I was wondering in the back of my head, if he cheated and looked it all up (though some of it would be hard to look up). But 45 minutes isn’t long enough to research that!!! Love!

10. Tina Fey
    March 4, 2010 9:17 pm

Ginger, please remember that since I’m older, I get dibs.

11. PA girl trapped in VA
    March 4, 2010 9:19 pm

Ginny…
    Great article. I love his answer about showing a person around Pittsburgh. I as well, would like that tour.

Next 5 questions: Jeff Reed…right?

March 4, 2010 9:26 pm

Three questions, sir.

13. Pittsburgh Tom
    March 4, 2010 9:26 pm

Kinda liked that his tour contained little of what I usually hear in a list of things to do while visiting Pittsburgh. No incline. No Primanti’s. No Steelers game. Going through the tubes and going to Pamela’s is about the only normal things.

And even if he had it all thought of before hand, it would be because he had thought of it in the past for when/if he brings people to Pittsburgh. Nothing cheating about having a answer ready for when people asks what they should do in Pittsburgh.

14. Pittsburgh Tom
    March 4, 2010 9:38 pm

I think the answer to 3 was even cooler than 2. How many Hollywood types from here come back here to live? Even the ones who still show their love for the hometown tend to stay full-time where they make their living.
    And when he described his property, he should have said: “Two horses, me, cats and dogs, 15 female stalkers in the forest, and…”

15. Kristin
    March 4, 2010 9:49 pm

Oh my god, can we organize that tour whether David comes or not? That is perfection right there, folks.

16. HollyT
    March 4, 2010 10:18 pm

I’m up for the tour. I don’t think I’ve seen much of his Pittsburgh. I’ve lived 40 minutes south my entire life. This is why I love living here. There is so much history, so much to see. I’d love to see this side of town and not just what I got to see when I attended Point Park as a commuter student (I’m a country girl so living IN the city is not my style,I need open spaces, but visiting in high volume is allowed big time). His description made me fall in love with this area all over again. wow.

17. Burgh Baby
    March 4, 2010 10:52 pm

Go Team Stalin! No . . . wait. That doesn’t quite work. Maybe just tell Mr. Conrad I’ll save a blowtorch for him for when we burn the bandwagon to the ground.

18. Joe K.
    March 4, 2010 10:55 pm

After Jesus was in the desert for 40 days, Satan came to tempt Him. He took Jesus “down 28 with the city turning into view on our left, cut across 579, and over the Liberty bridge, up McArdle and yes, and parked on Grandview.” Satan said to Jesus, “All this can be yours…., if you worship me.”

Jesus said: “I must have this city and its pieroghies.” And he fell before Satan in worship, and there was no redemption for the sin of man.

19. Politicalpartypooper
    March 4, 2010 11:01 pm

Virginia, you didn’t ask him if Jennifer Love Hewitt smells as good as she looks!

WTF?

That’s the only answer I was waiting for.

March 5, 2010 12:28 am

Questions for next subject:

What is your name?

What is your favorite color?

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

21. butcher's dog
    March 5, 2010 7:57 am

@bucdaddy: Red. No, Blue. Ahhhhhhh!!

That’s why it’s called a classic!

Nice to see Mr. Conrad has standards above mediocre. Any chance of getting him that face-to-face soon? Like, before all the snow’s gone?

22. Jim
    March 5, 2010 8:01 am

I know that private club in Duquesne; it’s the GBU. My dad took me there a few times once I was old enough to drink. Mostly steel workers, all great guys. They have some seriously intense games of euchre in there. Oh, and don’t hang your coat on the back of your chair – it’s not permitted. Coats go on the coat rack.

23. Emilie
    March 5, 2010 8:14 am

OMG! I love him even more now than before. I want to do #2 – holy cow….that just sounds like an amazing day. What a cool guy…but was there any doubt?

24. BIGGEORGE
    March 5, 2010 8:21 am

#2 WOW!!!

I thought I knew all the spots in Pittsburgh!!!!

I might add the Carrick Lit club, just for a little local flavor.
    (including their 3 bean dish. yum!!)

25. Dana
    March 5, 2010 9:59 am

oh the GBU.

26. spoon
    March 5, 2010 10:16 am

SRP just wont leave you alone on comments there either eh. I swear he has a crush on you Ginny.

#4 needs to happen. DO IT!

27. carnegiegrl
    March 5, 2010 10:23 am

*Sigh* you have converted me.
    I think i just fell a wee bit in love with David Conrad myself.
    And seriously, he should write all the tourism brochures for our city.

28. oldgraymare
    March 5, 2010 10:41 am

the questions and answers were terrific, but the picture…Priceless. Thanks Ginny.

29. Dan (Not Onarato)
    March 5, 2010 10:48 am

#2 Holy crap…makes me just want to fight traffic and do the tour right now!

#4 Triple dare you…in fact I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU! Bet you cant….bet you cant. Give me a heads up as to when it will be paper bag night at PNC….Ill be the one with the paper bag over my head and holding the sign that says “Team Stalin”

30. Cassie
    March 6, 2010 2:31 pm

OMG, I’m in LOVE. That answer was amazing. Hartwood acres is amazing.

31. Sooska
    March 7, 2010 10:09 am

I now see why you love David Conrad. He has a new fan in me. He is a Pittsburgh guy and smokin’ hot besides.

32. Miss S
    March 8, 2010 6:30 am

Can I have Dave’s email address? pleeezzz.. I would just love to contact him.

33. Miss S
    March 8, 2010 6:31 am

Bcoz..he’s just so charming, sexy, sweet and OMG…intelligent…that makes him a perfect “hot”!

34. Izzy