1. My father’s cousin emailed him a complete cut-and-paste of my Dear Benny post. This is the email my father sent me:
I got this from my cousin, Rich. We are always exchanging emails and he sent me this post from your blog. I don’t think he knows you are my daughter, but he knows now because I sent him reply back informing him and apologizing ahead of time for any “salty language”.
My poor father. A minister having to deal with his daughter’s “salty language.” He makes me sound like a pirate or a wench. I prefer pirate. Arrrr.
2. Speaking of the Pirates, remember this quote from pitcher Charlie Morton?
“The stuff felt fresh, and I was mostly down.”
Well, how’s this one from pitcher Kevin Hart:
“Stuff-wise and pitch-wise, I felt better and more confident.”
What is this “stuff” the pitchers keep referring to? I hope it’s not “suck.”
3. Me and Burgh Baby are busy getting prizes together for the Make Room for Crazy random drawing this fall once the Pirates end the season playing .500 ball. So far we have:
- $25 gift card to Bocktown Beer and Grill
- Two $25 gift cards to Las Velas. I know the owner.
- One brand new POANG chair from our friends at IKEA-Pittsburgh
- $50 gift card from Tan 360
- One free two-hour workshop for two people at the Pittsburgh Glass Center
We are adding more and more prizes every day, so pick a side and donate your $5 to the winning side. My side.
THIS IS THE YEAR!
4. Episode 3 of the Eyetique Boy Meets Girl saga is up — “Another Woman?”
I want that green coat.
5. Reader Sara, a mother of four, sent me an email regarding having her head shaved to raise money for kids with cancer:
After some liquid courage I got in the chair and off went the hair! It took me a couple of hours to look at myself, but when I started crying there were 30 other drunk women in the bathroom to reassure me.
I don’t have a final tally, but I think I’ve reached my $5000 goal, and STILL have a fundraiser coming up. Another shavee gave me $550 of his donations to put in mine because he wanted to see me hit $5000. Talk about amazing people!
God. I love Burghers so freaking frackin’ much.
Hair comes and goes. Generosity ripples forever.
Here’s a picture of Sara post-shave, courtesy of PghGeorge‘s professional Flickr stream, which has lots of moving pictures from the event.
Also, look who was there earning some good karma on behalf of the Buccos.
6. If you’re looking for a fun 10k or 5k run or a 2 mile walk to benefit sick kids this summer, then look no further than Jaxson’s Jog, started last year by a local mother to benefit research into Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH), a life threatening birth defect of which only 50% of babies diagnosed with it will survive. Her son is one of those lucky ones. She’s seeking registrations for the North Park run/walk taking place on May 22. Check it out.
7. If you spent the weekend wondering if it is possible for Benny to appear even more douchey than this latest sexual allegation has made him, I’m here to tell you that yes, it is possible. Behold the TMZ-obtained photos of Benny’s birthday posse and their stupid shirts. This little trip for his 28th birthday was actually dubbed “Ben-a-palooza.” [GIANT EYEROLL]
Check them all out, but pay particular attention to the douchey ponytail Benny is sporting.
So, who in his posse hated him enough to leak these photos to TMZ?
Phrase your answer in the form of, “Someone from the O-line!”
This might be premature, but the hell with it, she says saltily — to quote Vinny from My Cousin Vinny, “I got no more use for this guy.”