- March 22, 2010
- filed under Ben Roethlisberger, Hot Burghers, Mike Tomlin, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons, Troy Polamalu
1. It’s that time of the year when I make up my mind to lose the weight I put on over the winter, and this winter, what with the snowmageddonness of it, was especially nom-nom-nom for me. Oooh! A handful of year-old M-n-Ms in the couch cushions? DEVOUR!
Problem is that I keep being sabotaged in my efforts to lose the winter pounds. Sabotaged by my mother giving me a half a wheel of Jarlsberg cheese. Sabotaged by birthday cakes. Sabotaged by family dinners at my parent’s house. Sabotaged by the kids’ treat basket.
What I need is a stomach virus. 10 lbs. in three days. Bam.
2. The Fan interviewed my self-united husband Daniel Sepulveda, and as pointed out to me by butler Mike, Daniel basically says, when asked about his relationship with Benny, that while they will be there for Benny as a football team, he can’t really speak much to what Benny is like as a person because they haven’t spoken more than three sentences to each other in the three years their lockers have been touching.
HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!
As Mike said, “Maybe because Benny’s an asshole?”
3. Ed Bouchette is filing reports on PG+ (pronounced lindar vithel in Elvish) from the NFL owners’ meeting in Orlando, and among his snippets about Mike Tomlin snubbing Pittsburgh reporters only to have him grant interviews to the NFL network, lies this snippet about Benny:
I can tell you it continues to be a hot topic in Orlando. I had a chance to talk to a handful of club officials and some from the league before their 9 a.m. meeting with Goodell today and I’ve come to the conclusion that if he is charged in this incident, his days playing for the Steelers could be over.
Can you imagine the Steelers without The Duke of Fug and the Earl of Gross? WHO WILL LEAD THE PEOPLE THEN?!
4. Roller derby is back in action with a new season and I’ll be attending the April 17th match since I missed the sold-out home opener. Can not wait. Going to get me a ‘Snot Rocket Science shirt!
Also, check out the mascot for her Steel Hurtin’ team. Meet Miss Judy Squeakers who I don’t need to tell you kinda looks like a black and gold hand-crocheted tampon.
I say that with love.
6. A brilliant idea! Mix glitter with rice then feed it to the pigeons and VOILA! Nature’s fireworks complete with a satisfying popping sound.
7. Troysus Polamalu and his doggies and his HOTNESS film a commercial for Nemacolin’s dog resort. This video has the candid behind-the-scenes stuff.
(h/t Leo and Jim)
8. Screenwriter Carl Kurlander of St. Elmo’s Fire fame and who was once asked by Oprah about his move back home, “PITTSBURGH?!?! PITTSBURGH?!?!,” is showing his Tale of Two Cities, a movie about his move from Hollywood to Pittsburgh, at SouthSide Works Cinema until March 25, before taking his movie on the road to places like Capitol Hill, Delray Beach, Tempe, Arizona, and the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.
As he writes on the facebook page:
Please help us spread the word as the film has been picked up for distribution and if we can sell enough tickets this week, it could really make a difference in getting the movie out there.