Local news FAIL

Here’s a KDKA news fail I snapped months ago and just now found on my camera card:

Which is good advice because the last thing we need to see here is, “BREAKING NEWS! Once upon a time …”

1. troysussaves
    March 26, 2010 8:07 am

wow. the best/worst part is the spelling of the word “paragraph.” i love kdka, but YIKES!

2. Bojack
    March 26, 2010 8:12 am

Obviously a shot of a fleeing Lukey! Wasn’t that Mardi Gras?
    The “I was here all day!” story?

3. bluzdude
    March 26, 2010 8:47 am

That’s akin to putting a tag on your shoes that says “TGIF” for Toes Go In First.

4. USCMike
    March 26, 2010 8:47 am

What’s even more humorous is watching these silly banners on all of the local news shows. Most of the time, especially during the 11PM broadcasts, I’m watching for the misspellings that make me LOL. They must type these in on the fly or they hire people that never passed spelling in high school…

5. facie
    March 26, 2010 9:05 am

Is that OJ’s SUV?

I remember when breaking news meant something. The day I got a CNN breaking news email that former President Clinton’s dog Buddy died was the day I got off that list.

KDKA does have some funny typos. I mostly notice them in the weather.

6. spoon
    March 26, 2010 9:48 am

I think we both tweeted about it when it happened. I love KDKA bloopers. they make me squeeeeee

7. Carpetbagger
    March 26, 2010 10:05 am

Stay classy, Pittsburgh.

March 26, 2010 10:59 am

Hah! That’s TV news in a nutshell. Typing actual paragraphs to tell a story is what newspapers do. Stringing together “many words” that usually say next to nothing? That’s TV’s job.

9. one-eyed dick
    March 26, 2010 11:32 am

BREAKING NEWS: PITSBURGH POLICE ARE AT THE SEEN OF SOEM SORT OF BLU SUV THAT IS SITTING AT AN APPROXIMATLEE 73 DEGREE ANGEL ON THE RODEWAY POINTING TO A SIDEWOK BUY A TELEFONE POLE WHERE FIVE POLICE CARS ARE AROUND IT AND ONE HAS ITS DOOR OPEN AND THEYRE ARE BETWEEN 6 AND 147 POLICE ON THE SCENE WALKING AROUND AND TALKING TO EACH OTHER MAYBE ASKING WHY THE SUV IS SITTING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD OR WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO B DOING THIS WEEKEND. KDKA WILL HAVE UPDATES ON THIS BREAKING STORY AS THEY BCOME AVIALBULL. OMG, THISI S SO XCITING, I CANT BLEEVE HTIS HAPPNING IN OWR OWN CITY OH THE HOOMNAITIY OF ITALL.

10. mike
    March 26, 2010 12:06 pm

Oh no…I can picture the promos already. Brandi Carlisle singing in the background. Close-up of Stacy Smith’s face.

“Where were you…”

“…when the SUV was at an angle”
    “…when the police cars were strewn about”
    “…when we misspelled paragraph”

“Where were you?”

11. Monty
    March 26, 2010 2:30 pm

A big thumb’s up to One-Eyed Dick on that one.

12. Roxy
    March 26, 2010 2:34 pm

I Love it! Maybe I should start paying attention the banners? Well, maybe not.

13. Magnus Patris
    March 26, 2010 5:43 pm

KDKA Weather STILL has Pittsburgh in the wrong place on the national RADAR map.

14. Magnus Patris
    March 26, 2010 5:44 pm

And it’s not just Dennis. http://img129.yfrog.com/i/taru.jpg/

15. LaReina
    March 27, 2010 1:37 pm

One-eyed Dick, don’t forget your paraghraphhhghh breakhks.

16. Steverino
    March 29, 2010 11:05 am

Too funny. I mostly watch the local news in between the commercials they air every 90 seconds for fun stuff like this. TV news sure isn’t journalism! Between the botoxed and blow-dried readers, it’s rare to catch any real news other than crashes, gun shots, fires, and “disturbing” discoveries of some feral cats in a house.

17. Pingback: Proportional Response... an aggressively normal take on everything