Can we cut this loser, PLEASE?!

A recent Santonio Holmes tweet to a local Steelers fan, who then deleted his entire Twitter account:

He doesn’t sound like he has anger management issues at all does he?  Again, [voice of Cousin Vinny] I got no more use for this guy.

Update: Ugh.

Okay.  I’m sorry.  I’m livid.  Enraged.  This man is essentially saying to the Steelers management, to you and me that, “Hey, I can smack bitches around; I can get arrested until there are handcuff calluses on my wrists; I can tell a fan to kill himself, and guess what, losers?  I’m still going to get paid and I’m still going to have my job and I’m still going to be a Steeler and you all can just sit in your stupid little cubicles while I take this here giant ass check because I’M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!”

I’m paraphrasing.

Sombody over there on the North Shore or maybe on the shores of Ireland, NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING.

1. BrieCS
    March 31, 2010 10:52 am

@MM
    The issue is that we don’t yet know the facts, and most people who are saying these things are not going by facts, they’re going on the idea that the “Stillers” are perfect and that they – as you say – are just like a lot of other players.
    The way I see it, there is no excuse for treating women like trash or calling people liars until you know the whole truth – let the lawyers handle it, but don’t judge or blame the claimed victim. So called “hoes” and “golddiggers” can be the victims of violence, too.

I don’t know if Holmes did this, but even if he didn’t, his behavior is disgusting on its own. His actions before and after this suit came out into the open are awful, and I’m just tired of seeing people defending him and all of the other football players who do or get accused of stupid things (Roethlisberger, Vick, etc.) just because they want their team to win at FOOTBALL.
    What happened to being representatives of our city and role models?

I heard someone today on 9.61 again (I swear, I may stop listening) saying that Holmes’ misbehavior – including the claimed assault – is all because he’s young and rich and should be excused. What the hell, people? What the hell?

2. Bojack
    March 31, 2010 11:45 am

The behavior goes from poor judgement (Skippy) all the way to criminal (Vicks, Plexico) in some cases.

What I don’t get from y’all is how this is in any way, shape, or form any different from any OTHER celebrities? Rich and famous movie stars, rock stars, it’s been happening since the beginning, we just have TMZ and cell phone cams now.

Why are athletes expected to be altar boys?

3. Steve In Denver
    March 31, 2010 3:03 pm

Ironically, my Steeler banner fell to a crumpled heap from my office window this morning. Bring on the T Blow to S Weed hookup.

4. Taylor
    March 31, 2010 5:07 pm

BrieCS Says:
    “– no one should be passing judgment on these women, because we don’t know the whole truth.”

Um, that works both ways! But please, go ahead and convict first!

5. MM
    March 31, 2010 5:39 pm

Right, it does go both ways. It very much seems that the women in these cases are not up right citizens though.

I’m not doubting Ben’s an asshole, his head has seemed to gotten bigger and bigger every year he has been in the league. Hopefully this brought him back down to earth-if not screw him. I have a feeling it has-just my opinion.

W/ Holmes, I’m done w/ him. Him telling a fan to kill themselves is beyond stupid. In the end, we do pay his salary to a degree. That franchise would be as lucrative w/o their strong fan base.

6. TK
    March 31, 2010 6:46 pm

Hey Caitlin, maybe you should ask the Rooney family in your self righteous Steeler fan letter about getting rid of Ben and Santonio why they kept these former players when they got into trouble with the law:

– Ernie Holmes shot a cop, and he was indicted for cocaine possession in a 4 year span.

– Eric Green flunked two coke tests.

– Jerry Nuzum was indicted for MURDER.

7. Mac S.
    March 31, 2010 8:30 pm

The entire Mac clan is headed to DW soon. Will the fast pass work for getting one’s grind on?

8. Pingback: That's Church » In which I never have to write about the Asshat again