1. … and the weather gods saw the bloody pigeon sacrifices and they were pleased.
You’re welcome, Pittsburgh.
2. Eyetique’s fourth installment in Boy Meets Girl is up and by now, I’m completely intrigued and waiting for the next one. In it, I hope Jeff Reed bursts out of the bathroom of Crazy Mocha, screaming about there being no paper towels, all the while wearing awesome glasses. Then he starts kicking painted chickens before he falls to the ground to resuscitate a possum that is actually just playing possum. The possum waits until Jeff Reed gives up and storms out of Crazy Mocha, before popping up, putting his little cute possum Clark Kent eyeglasses back on, adjusting his cape and declaring proudly, “Once again, Awesum Possum does not save the day!”
Then Daniel Sepulveda storms in without his shirt on and …
I need to be a movie director.
3. I can’t sing. That inner-ear thing, you know. But if you can and you’re 16 – 26, you need to go audition to appear on the second season of GLEE! because GLEE! is the best show since La Femme Nikita.
Live auditions will be held April 10th, from 12pm-4pm (PLEASE NOTE AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS), at Tanger Outlets, 2200 Tanger Blvd., Washington, PA.
(h/t ScareHouse Scott!)
4. It is no secret that my May column at Pittsburgh Magazine will be about my attempt to become an Olympic-caliber curler. But what IS a secret is the amazing art the illustrator Patrick Neil did for it.
Just you wait.
5. There’s a new blog post up over at the magazine’s site. Here’s a snippet:
I kind of have a reputation for being a Pittsburgh Pollyanna – blind to the bad, focused on the rose-colored good about my city. Some love that about me; some are irritated by it. But the thing is this – I see the faults. I see the good-ole-boy politics. I see some corruption and questionable ethics. I see a gap in diversity. I see potholes and extravagant parking fees and traffic that would infuriate a monk. But those shadows are regularly brightened by the sun of what Pittsburgh is – a beautiful, old, world-class city full of hard-working, real, unaffected people.
6. Don’t forget David Conrad will be narrating Copland’s A Lincoln Portrait at the Carnegie Carnegie on April 11. This would be a good chance for you to mention to him how you felt about his #2 and I’m not talking about poop.
7. If you haven’t yet had your picture taken with the Stanley Cup, now is your chance.
8. If you haven’t yet donated $5 to pick a side in Make Room for Crazy, go ahead and click that YES! button up there because this is the year! Not only did the Buccos of Suckitude decimate the Astros 13-1 yesterday, they also demoted Brandon Moss, who was batting at about negative bajillionty this preseason. We’re still gathering prizes for the winning side, so if you’ve got something you’d like to donate, let me know.
9. Want tickets to a Penguins first-round hockey playoff game? Play this nifty game at Showclix and the person with the highest score gets ’em!
My score and I’m not making this up: -30.
It’s that inner-ear thing.