In which Calvin provides the [facepalm]

It’s happening already.

The Steelers have literally become the poster-child for criminal behavior, thanks to this Photoshopped image from somewhere in the dark abyss of the Internet.

Yeah, like Mike Tomlin said the other day:

“We have a very high concern about our image and how we conduct ourselves that I think is above and beyond our peers, and we embrace that.”

(h/t Bobby who forwarded it to me)

1. PittCheMBA
    April 1, 2010 11:19 pm

Asshat10 posted another Tweet,http://twitter.com/santonio10/status/11365247589, saying it was time to “wake and bake”.

Apparently, this means waking up and smoking pot, http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/01/more-misadventures-for-santonio-twitter-style/

What happened to drug testing in the NFL?

2. Monty
    April 2, 2010 7:33 am

Yeah. But how good was Jeff Reed in Point Break though?

3. Jen
    April 2, 2010 8:12 am

I personally think marijuana should be legalized, but as long as it is illegal professional athletes should just say no. I just don’t get the guys like Santonio Holmes and Ricky Williams who not only continue to use it, but also are extremely vocal about it. You are being paid MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to play a game. Why would you risk effing it up for some pot?

It’s the same way I feel about the athletes who aren’t in the best physical shape (e.g., Ben Roethlisberger). You’re being paid MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to be an athlete. Hire a team of personal trainers and save the beer & donuts for when you retire.

4. CrashJK
    April 2, 2010 9:19 am

OMG !!!…You mixed the Stillers and my favorite television show in one post…I believe that is the seventh sign…I fear for this day.

In some ways I believe the mind of Big Ben or Skippy Reed might top those twisted serial killers on Criminal Minds…the Reaper, the Fisher King or Tobias Hankel ? Please Ginny…don’t mix the Stiller with the Penguins or I may have nightmares…good vs evil, pure vs smut, talent vs hacks….argh…

5. facie
    April 2, 2010 9:27 am

On the news last night Holmes’ lawyer said he does not put much into tweets, that they are just social media or something like that. Of course if he needed 10’s or someone else’s tweets for a case, I bet he would be singing a different tune. (Note: not a lawyer so no clue if FB or twitter can be used for or against anyone.)

I want the Steelers to win just as much as any other fan, but I am so tired of athletes like 10, Ben, Skippy, etc. I AM helping to pay their paycheck by going to games, buying Steeler stuff, etc. So show some respect, jag-offs.

6. Lauren
    April 2, 2010 9:28 am

@CrashJK, did you just equate the Pens with hacks, or am I reading it wrong?

April 2, 2010 9:46 am

the steelers may be the poster boys — but, as usual, the brownies are trying to catch us:

8. BIGGEORGE
    April 2, 2010 2:33 pm

The worst part is that I have heard that THC is absorbed by the fat cells. It kills the buzz.

Holmes is going to need massive quantities….

9. CrashJK
    April 3, 2010 8:37 pm

@Lauren…I would NEVER equate my favorite sports team with the world “hack”…I got my little “vs” comparison in the wrong order…I am about the biggest Penguins fan you’ll find…and love NHL Hockey in general (watching NHL Network now..Hockey Night in Canada)…and could care less if all things football vanished tomorrow…hth !!! 8 )

10. Lauren
    April 5, 2010 2:21 pm

@CrashJK No problem, just got confused reading your comparisons, that’s all. Football for me is just something to do until hockey season starts, and something to distract me when the Pens go into their annual midseason slump, so I totally get where you’re coming from : ) Living in El Paso now, I get lots of strange stares at my Pens tire cover and (multiple) Stanley Cup champs t-shirts, LOL.