Roothlissbahs–

Here’s a photo taken by my sister Pens Fan at a recent Pens game she took her just-turned-eight-years-old son to:

Thoughts:

1.  Steelers jersey at a Pens game tends to piss die-hard Pens fans off.  Just saying.

2. I can’t decide if this guy is complimenting Benny all, “Dude. Did you see Benny shake that defensive lineman off and nail Tyler Grisham in the numbers? What a ruthless bastard,” or if he is criticizing Benny all, “Dude. Sex in the bathroom, she bangs her head on the sink and he doesn’t even bother to give her a ride home?!  RUTHLESS BASTARD!”

3.  I’m glad I wasn’t sitting behind this guy because the last thing I need to hear is my kid going, “Root — Rooth — Roothlu — Roothliss bay — Roothlissbahs — Mom, what’s a ruthless bastard?”

To which of course I’ll have to say, “A pigeon.”

1. Erin
    April 5, 2010 1:29 pm

If he’s commenting on Ben’s legal issues, “ruthless” doesn’t seem to make sense…I’m guessing this is a pro-Ben (w/r/t his football performance) jersey.

2. bluzdude
    April 5, 2010 1:46 pm

Just hope you don’t sit behind someone in a #10 jersey that says “Asshat” on the back. I bet the kids sound that one out really quick.

3. LaReina
    April 5, 2010 3:41 pm

He’ll never be Slutlessberger, unfortunately.

4. Sooska
    April 5, 2010 5:01 pm

You’re right, Ginny. We Pens fans do not like that kind of thing. There are specific unwritten rules for appropriate garb at hockey games. That guy broke about every one of them. Here is the official Empty Netters Jersey Foul Bill-of-Rights. These are the amendments.

5. Sooska
    April 5, 2010 5:02 pm

PS I guess they aren’t “unwritten” any more since Seth wrote the rules.

6. Monty
    April 5, 2010 5:34 pm

Sooska rockin excellent links.

7. empirechick
    April 5, 2010 6:17 pm

Another reason to dislike Benny: the last pic in the Empty Netters link is of Ben posing proudly with a his name on a Flyers jersey.

8. Malkinator
    April 6, 2010 8:56 am

Thoughts- First, that’s a personalized tee and not a Steeler jersey; Second, its a Pens fan making fun of Ben because some Pens fans will go way out of their way to hate on the Steelers (just like any cult hockey fan in any town); Third, the empty netters rules don’t apply to tees; and Fourth, that pic is of RJ Umberger, ex Flyer and Burgh native, giving Ben a gift after SBXL

9. empirechick
    April 6, 2010 10:06 am

It’s still a Flyers jersey

10. Sooska
    April 6, 2010 5:54 pm

Any Flyers regalia is a foul. So what, Umberger? He was a Flyer. That makes him of no importance here. Tee shirts do count.

Pens fans don’t give a crap about Benny who sits in the boxes by himself, hiding while Casey Hampton mans the glass.