Random n’at.

(source)

1.  After I post this Random n’at, you won’t hear from me for a few days, probably Monday.

No worries. Just need a little break is all. Recharge my batteries. ;)

2.  So, in light of the 11-5 ass whooping handed to the Dodgers yesterday courtesy of our Buccos of Suckitude, just curious if anyone else hopped on my bandwagon and if so, was it after Jamie and Ali threw out the first pitch and good karma exploded all over the place, or was it after Garrett Effin’ Jones’ river-plopping home run, after his second home run, or was it perhaps after Doumit’s home run?  Or maybe it was after he said this to the media.

“We’re the underdogs, and we’re comfortable with that,” Doumit said. “We’re comfortable lurking in the shadows, people not taking us seriously. Because there are a lot of guys that take that personally. There are a lot of guys who want to do something about that. No, we’re not going to roll over people. But we are going to set an identity this year that, when people play the Pittsburgh Pirates, they know they’re in for a dogfight.”

Either way, welcome aboard.  Margaritas are that way, drunk people are that way, loot is that way and Zima is right here.  Don’t touch it or I’ll kick you off without even giving you time to tuck before you roll.

3.  If your RSS reader showed a post entitled “Will it come with relish air?” the day before last and you can’t find that post, the reason you can’t find it is because it was an April Fool’s joke and I got royally punked all up in the face.  I had updated the post to say, “GAH! April Fool joke. Damn Karma Boomerang.” but then it was just stupid to have the post sitting there at the top of the blog.  Mocking me. So it’s gone. But come on, who is looking out for April Fools jokes three days after April 1?!  Not this stupidface, that’s for fraking sure.

4.  The current Post-Gazette headline about the Pens is:

Are they ever focused on anything OTHER than playing well?  Here’s hoping we see, “Steelers focus on scoring more points than their opponents” and “Pirates focus on not sucking like a giant sucking pile of sucking suck.”

I need to be a headline writer.

5.  Boy Meets Girl’s final episode is up. And apparently IT IS STILL NOT RESOLVED!

Where is Awesum Possum when you need him to fix things?!  Oh, right.

6.  There will be a new post up shortly on my Pittsburgh Magazine blog about a project here in Pittsburgh called Here You Go, in which 1,000 umbrellas will be handed out to Burghers stranded in the rain.  The catch is that if you receive an umbrella, you have to pay the kindness forward.  While you’re waiting for the post to pop up, you can go there and read some more hate comments from my favorite blog troll.

7.  We have pushed back the delivery of the XBOXs to Children’s Hospital a few weeks to give the hospital time to mount brackets and drill some holes in the transplant floor rooms.  As you can imagine, when you’re dealing with sick children, it is NEVER as easy as just “drilling a hole.”  The children must be protected from any dust as their health obviously comes first.  I’ll keep you posted when I know a solid date and time that Microsoft, MR4K, and the Mario Lemieux Foundation will be ready to go.

Also, big thanks to IKEA-Pittsburgh for donating some rolling and locking carts for us to use to store the laptops, games, movies and controllers as they are transported from room to room for the kids to make their selections during their hospital stays.

Amazing.

8.  I’m still seeking a contact at Panasonic who can help me get discounted ToughBooks, so if you know someone, send them my way so that I can do what I do, which is guilt people into helping me.  Guilt is surprisingly effective.  Ask my mother.

9.  My thoughts continue to be with Amy at Callapitter and they also rest with the families of those who lost loved ones in the West Virginia mine tragedy.

10.  Come say hello to me if you go to see David Conrad do his narration this Sunday at the Carnegie Carnegie.  You might not recognize me though as I’m getting some serious hair chopped off tomorrow.

Because it is so out of control, even Medusa is all, “Girl. Let me give you the number of my snake-dresser.”

1. other Brian
    April 6, 2010 12:36 pm

What model of Toughbooks are you looking for? Amazon has some 13 inch refurbished units for under $400 and Buy dot com runs them on special every so often for cheaper.

April 6, 2010 12:41 pm

I saw Jamie and Ali — from about 300 feet away.

Still, the hotness, it radiates.

3. Beatrice
    April 6, 2010 12:45 pm

Great post! Enjoy your re-charging break.

4. Elmer Fudd
    April 6, 2010 12:46 pm

Enjoy your well deserved break, dear! We’ll be here when you get back..

5. Pa-pop
    April 6, 2010 12:49 pm

I’m contacting my congressman to have him introduce a “Hero’s Exemption” to the Jersey Foul Bill of Rights Amendments.

Enjoy your time off, Virginia.

6. Joe K.
    April 6, 2010 1:10 pm

Went to the game yesterday, it was awesome. It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime. In our office we write down our predictions for Bucco wins, I put them down for 84 this year. Raise the Jolly Roger!

7. bluzdude
    April 6, 2010 1:20 pm

So the Pirates may only be tied for first place, but they lead the league in River Plopping.

8. Martin Silenus
    April 6, 2010 2:24 pm

Start the Garrett Jones trade clock in 3, 2, 1…

9. PA Girl in VA
    April 6, 2010 2:28 pm

The Pirates are undefeated!!!

10. Marcy
    April 6, 2010 2:30 pm

Hot Dog Air? Ah, you fell for Carol’s post – wasn’t it freaking GENIUS? I love her.

11. SpudMom
    April 6, 2010 3:22 pm

You know, I did a google search on Priester our of sheer curiosity and came up with his home address.

It shocked a little.

12. SpudMom
    April 6, 2010 3:23 pm

Sigh.

It shocked ME a little. Apologies for the lack of proofreading.

13. Jen
    April 6, 2010 3:55 pm

SpudMom, I did a search on him, too, and found that out. I also found out where he works, his wife’s name, and where she works. If he’s trolling under his real name, he’s a real moron.

14. spoon
    April 6, 2010 3:57 pm

@bucdaddy I was looking for you yesterday and then I realized I have no idea what you look like so I went to Rivertown North Shore and did shots.

April 6, 2010 4:36 pm

spoon,

Think George Clooney, only handsomer.

There’s a Rivertowne North Shore? Call me sadly uninformed. We were in August Henry’s Saloon ‘fore and aft’. Walked right past the site of the soon-to-be-opened Sharp Edge.

16. Carpetbagger
    April 6, 2010 4:52 pm

Pirates Rule.

Garrett Jones > Albert Pujols

Don’t get the Sinead O’Connor cut.

17. mfj
    April 6, 2010 5:00 pm

This year’s team has proved it can win a game. So I wonder who we can get for them?

18. Michael Sorg
    April 6, 2010 5:01 pm

I was amazed at the $3 a month txt alerts. They win one game and who do the Pirates thing they are?

I might have to hit a game sooner than I expected…

19. SP
    April 6, 2010 7:16 pm

I just Googled SRP and realized that I work with his wife. Yikes.

20. John in the Rocks
    April 6, 2010 8:08 pm

Wonder how many more days this year the Pirates will be in first place. I put the over/under at 3. :)

21. SpudMom
    April 6, 2010 8:11 pm

SP – could you ask her to help her husband find a hobby?

22. mmppgh
    April 7, 2010 12:48 am

I did the same google search on this Scott Priester. What a piece of work and so full of himself. He’s spreading the hate everywhere he posts online. Why put so much negative energy out there? Probably thrives on the attention, and, whoops, I just fed into that need….

23. JJ
    April 7, 2010 7:28 am

Enjoy your break! Hawt pics of Garrett Jones when you get back??

24. red pen mama
    April 7, 2010 8:35 am

@SP, I wonder if she knows how much time her husband spends online obsessively hating on Ginny (in particular). I would have a serious conversation with my husband about that kind of activity; it just doesn’t seem mentally healthy.

I could send SRP my husband’s card (he’s a psychologist)! er, at least maybe get him a referral.

And, Go Pirates! Just because the coins put me on that bandwagon…

25. Me
    April 7, 2010 9:00 am

I’ve often wondered if SRP’s employer is aware of his online activities. He’s been open about said employer which is a service provider and probably has a lot of us as customers. From what I understand he works in customer service and that reflects poorly on his employer. People have been fired for less.

26. efw_west
    April 7, 2010 9:14 am

repeat after me…..”One game does not a season make…”. By Memorial day, we will once again turn our attention to the upcoming Steelers training camp.

27. JennyMoon
    April 7, 2010 9:47 am

blog troll….that was hilarious!

28. butcher's dog
    April 7, 2010 12:37 pm

Medusa, eh? Whatever you do, don’t look at her!

Students always seemed a bit disappointed to learn that “turn to stone” and “get stoned” have nothing whatever to do with each other.

April 7, 2010 1:32 pm

my bandwagon says that the succos will struggle to get 70 wins. good luck with that.

mcmutrie sisters = ahhhh…..

a new sharp edge? where will it be? why was I not notified? what the flip?

hey spoon — how was rivertown? I just might need to check that out….

30. Gina
    April 7, 2010 2:01 pm

My buddy Mark works at Rivertown North Shore. If you go, tell him I said hi!! (I would tell him myself, but I moved away)

31. spoon
    April 7, 2010 4:09 pm

@bucdaddy – its right next to the FSN studio. good times!

@unsatisfied – i LOVE the new Rivertowne! Didn’t have any food yet but I had many Dogfish Head 90 minutes :) The prices are really reasonable and for a pre-game place on a nice afternoon/night I’d say its a must. Oh yeah plus some hottie was selling jello shots :)

32. Politicalpartypooper
    April 7, 2010 6:37 pm

Damn! Those girls look good in anything, don’t they? Are all Pittsburgheresses so hot?

April 8, 2010 10:08 am

mmmmmmm….dogfish…..

34. Cathy
    April 8, 2010 2:32 pm

watchboymeetsgirl.com account has been suspended… Ohhh The suspense of it all!

35. Jess
    April 10, 2010 8:52 am

Thanks for linking to boy meets girl! One of my bffs from high school helped produce it :)