1. After I post this Random n’at, you won’t hear from me for a few days, probably Monday.
No worries. Just need a little break is all. Recharge my batteries. ;)
2. So, in light of the 11-5 ass whooping handed to the Dodgers yesterday courtesy of our Buccos of Suckitude, just curious if anyone else hopped on my bandwagon and if so, was it after Jamie and Ali threw out the first pitch and good karma exploded all over the place, or was it after Garrett Effin’ Jones’ river-plopping home run, after his second home run, or was it perhaps after Doumit’s home run? Or maybe it was after he said this to the media.
“We’re the underdogs, and we’re comfortable with that,” Doumit said. “We’re comfortable lurking in the shadows, people not taking us seriously. Because there are a lot of guys that take that personally. There are a lot of guys who want to do something about that. No, we’re not going to roll over people. But we are going to set an identity this year that, when people play the Pittsburgh Pirates, they know they’re in for a dogfight.”
Either way, welcome aboard. Margaritas are that way, drunk people are that way, loot is that way and Zima is right here. Don’t touch it or I’ll kick you off without even giving you time to tuck before you roll.
3. If your RSS reader showed a post entitled “Will it come with relish air?” the day before last and you can’t find that post, the reason you can’t find it is because it was an April Fool’s joke and I got royally punked all up in the face. I had updated the post to say, “GAH! April Fool joke. Damn Karma Boomerang.” but then it was just stupid to have the post sitting there at the top of the blog. Mocking me. So it’s gone. But come on, who is looking out for April Fools jokes three days after April 1?! Not this stupidface, that’s for fraking sure.
4. The current Post-Gazette headline about the Pens is:
Are they ever focused on anything OTHER than playing well? Here’s hoping we see, “Steelers focus on scoring more points than their opponents” and “Pirates focus on not sucking like a giant sucking pile of sucking suck.”
I need to be a headline writer.
5. Boy Meets Girl’s final episode is up. And apparently IT IS STILL NOT RESOLVED!
Where is Awesum Possum when you need him to fix things?! Oh, right.
6. There will be a new post up shortly on my Pittsburgh Magazine blog about a project here in Pittsburgh called Here You Go, in which 1,000 umbrellas will be handed out to Burghers stranded in the rain. The catch is that if you receive an umbrella, you have to pay the kindness forward. While you’re waiting for the post to pop up, you can go there and read some more hate comments from my favorite blog troll.
7. We have pushed back the delivery of the XBOXs to Children’s Hospital a few weeks to give the hospital time to mount brackets and drill some holes in the transplant floor rooms. As you can imagine, when you’re dealing with sick children, it is NEVER as easy as just “drilling a hole.” The children must be protected from any dust as their health obviously comes first. I’ll keep you posted when I know a solid date and time that Microsoft, MR4K, and the Mario Lemieux Foundation will be ready to go.
Also, big thanks to IKEA-Pittsburgh for donating some rolling and locking carts for us to use to store the laptops, games, movies and controllers as they are transported from room to room for the kids to make their selections during their hospital stays.
8. I’m still seeking a contact at Panasonic who can help me get discounted ToughBooks, so if you know someone, send them my way so that I can do what I do, which is guilt people into helping me. Guilt is surprisingly effective. Ask my mother.
9. My thoughts continue to be with Amy at Callapitter and they also rest with the families of those who lost loved ones in the West Virginia mine tragedy.
10. Come say hello to me if you go to see David Conrad do his narration this Sunday at the Carnegie Carnegie. You might not recognize me though as I’m getting some serious hair chopped off tomorrow.
Because it is so out of control, even Medusa is all, “Girl. Let me give you the number of my snake-dresser.”