- April 19, 2010
- filed under Awesome Burghers, Ben Roethlisberger, City Council, Penguins, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons, Weird Burghers
1. I haven’t done a Random n’at in a few days and that means I have a lot to get through here. So much so that I could probably break this into two different posts, but you and I can tough it out. Every one of them is important or interesting to me, but you just use what you can and bloop-bloop-bloop through the rest.
Here we go!
2. WANT! Check out this hat from Specter Studios, a company in Sharpsburg that manufactures lots of cool haunted house/Halloween/ZOMBIES! SHIT! RUN! type stuff:
It’s called “Puck’d” but I call it “kickass” and it’s $19.99 in their online store.
3. This column makes me never want to talk bad about West Virginia again. And yes, I can confirm, via my interaction with various newspaper reporters that they do not just write the hard stories and go home. They write the hard stories, go home, and sometimes cry.
4. Paddle at the Point is trying to set a new world record for the largest kayak and canoe floatilla on Saturday, June 5. They’ll need 1,105 people willing to do it. I don’t “do” watercraft, mostly because I have an irrational fear of rogue waves. But you, go, be part of history!
5. Ladies, let’s talk about a Steeler who has never been accused of assaulting a woman or a paper towel dispenser. Daniel Sepulveda and his draft day memories. And look! I’m calling that a hockey playoff beard.
6. Just warning you that your friends who are fans of any football team other than the Steelers are going to be emailing you this some-e-card en masse:
While we’re talking about Benny, here’s a parody of the Tiger Woods commercial featuring a Benny look-a-like.
(h/t Paul and also, my DAD)
7. No words to describe how much I adore this quilted Pittsburgh skyline.
8. Craigslist What the Effie time!
- Someone wants some Mikey and Big Bob look-a-likes for some kinky fun. I love Mike and Bob, but I’d rather watch a pigeon eat my toes than watch those two lick whipped cream off of each others’ nipples.
- Your dream come true! Nude male yoga on the North Side. This posting has since expired, but luckily, here’s the text:
Yoga NUDE Classes for guys
Date: 2010-03-26, 2:17PM
Traditional yoga classes – nude.
Structured practice which teaches the basics of a personal yoga regimen.
Develop mind body spirit and friendship
with other guys who practice yoga nude.
Beginners to advanced welcome.
Our 4th year of practice.
Email for details.
Let’s call this what it really is, shall we? Foreplay. I’d rather watch a pigeon drink the last bottle of Zima on the planet than see a room full of naked men doing the King of the Dance pose.
10. Finally, but in no way is it least, you guys might remember the name Kimberly Reed. She is the sweetheart photographer who took the photos for my about page. I spent an afternoon with her that day in Market Square, totally hanging out with pigeons so that she could get some pictures. She’s amazing and wonderful and she recently went through a surgery that well, I’ll let her tell you the story.
If you’ve ever had breast cancer touch your life (my grandmother died from it) or the life of someone you love, then the story will not only move you, but you might also want to consider donating to her cause as she raises money for and participates in the Race for the Cure.
She’s got a ways to go toward her goal of $2,000, but if 1,000 of us give her $2.00, well … do the math, smartypants (tm Patrick Dowd).
Whew. All done! Coming up next, BUCCOS POST followed by a PENGUINS POST possibly followed by a MAKE ROOM FOR KIDS POST, and definitely followed by A NAP.