Random n’at.

1.  I haven’t done a Random n’at in a few days and that means I have a lot to get through here.  So much so that I could probably break this into two different posts, but you and I can tough it out.  Every one of them is important or interesting to me, but you just use what you can and bloop-bloop-bloop through the rest.

Here we go!

2.  WANT!  Check out this hat from Specter Studios, a company in Sharpsburg that manufactures lots of cool haunted house/Halloween/ZOMBIES! SHIT! RUN! type stuff:

It’s called “Puck’d” but I call it “kickass” and it’s $19.99 in their online store.

3.  This column makes me never want to talk bad about West Virginia again. And yes, I can confirm, via my interaction with various newspaper reporters that they do not just write the hard stories and go home.  They write the hard stories, go home, and sometimes cry.

(h/t Bill)

4. Paddle at the Point is trying to set a new world record for the largest kayak and canoe floatilla on Saturday, June 5.  They’ll need 1,105 people willing to do it.  I don’t “do” watercraft, mostly because I have an irrational fear of rogue waves.  But you, go, be part of history!

5.  Ladies, let’s talk about a Steeler who has never been accused of assaulting a woman or a paper towel dispenser. Daniel Sepulveda and his draft day memories. And look! I’m calling that a hockey playoff beard.

(h/t Lisa)

6.  Just warning you that your friends who are fans of any football team other than the Steelers are going to be emailing you this some-e-card en masse:

While we’re talking about Benny, here’s a parody of the Tiger Woods commercial featuring a Benny look-a-like.

(h/t Paul and also, my DAD)

7. No words to describe how much I adore this quilted Pittsburgh skyline.

(h/t Cari)

8.  Craigslist What the Effie time!

• Your dream come true! Nude male yoga on the North Side.  This posting has since expired, but luckily, here’s the text:

Yoga NUDE Classes for guys

Date: 2010-03-26, 2:17PM
Traditional yoga classes – nude.
Structured practice which teaches the basics of a personal yoga regimen.
Develop mind body spirit and friendship
with other guys who practice yoga nude.
Beginners to advanced welcome.
Our 4th year of practice.
Email for details.

Let’s call this what it really is, shall we?  Foreplay. I’d rather watch a pigeon drink the last bottle of Zima on the planet than see a room full of naked men doing the King of the Dance pose.

(h/t Amanda)

10. Finally, but in no way is it least, you guys might remember the name Kimberly Reed.  She is the sweetheart photographer who took the photos for my about page.  I spent an afternoon with her that day in Market Square, totally hanging out with pigeons so that she could get some pictures.  She’s amazing and wonderful and she recently went through a surgery that well, I’ll let her tell you the story.

If you’ve ever had breast cancer touch your life (my grandmother died from it) or the life of someone you love, then the story will not only move you, but you might also want to consider donating to her cause as she raises money for and participates in the Race for the Cure.

She’s got a ways to go toward her goal of $2,000, but if 1,000 of us give her $2.00, well … do the math, smartypants (tm Patrick Dowd).

Whew. All done!  Coming up next, BUCCOS POST followed by a PENGUINS POST possibly followed by a MAKE ROOM FOR KIDS POST, and definitely followed by A NAP.

1. Amy
    April 19, 2010 1:14 pm

Being a native West Virginian, I can truly say that the only thing that rivals my love and pride for Pittsburgh, is the big, pounding heart of love I have for my home state. Western PA and WV aren’t really all that different, you know ;-)

2. DanW
    April 19, 2010 1:29 pm

I hesitate to make this comment because I try to see humor in almost all situations, and I am not normally reactionary to things that are obviously not done with intention to offend. That being said, the first thing I thought of when I saw the Puck’d was how would the family of the poor girl in Columbus who was killed by a puck at a Blue Jackets game several years ago feel if they saw this. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/news/2002/03/19/puck_death_ap/

To me, that product does not celebrate the Pens, hockey, or the playoff season and is better left as a Halloween accessory.

3. Carol
    April 19, 2010 1:30 pm

#1 I read the story about WVA in yesterday’s paper with tears in my eyes. Those are good people.

#2 So tired of Ben, I am henceforth ignoring him.

#3 The hockey puck hat! Sent the link to my sons who have tickets to Thursday’s game. Doubt they could get the hats in time for that one, but totally lol.

#4 Nude guys doing yoga = no lunch for me now.

April 19, 2010 3:09 pm

#2 — @ dan — sad, but I thought of the same thing as well about the pic and that girl from columbus. sad. it’s one of the reasons why nets are now (fortunately) hanging on behind each goal.

#6 — kinda funny vid — but, someone needs to tell the dude who wrote the article with the video in it that pitt is the nickname of the university, not the steelers….

5. Stephanie
    April 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Thanks for sharing the WV article. I’m a Pgh girl and WVU grad living in another state now, so I’m glad I got to read it here.

6. SpudMom
    April 19, 2010 4:50 pm

I totally love that quilt. Pittsburgh is my adopted hometown I would proudly display that quilt every day of the week.

7. Bojack
    April 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Nude for guys?? Thanks for that image V!

(AP) PROMISCUOUS WOMEN CAUSE QUAKES
    By Scheherezade Faramarzi (AP) – 6 hours ago

Duh!!!

Who didn’t know they’re responsible for lots of disasters!! LOL

BEIRUT — A senior Iranian cleric says women who wear immodest clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes.
    Iran is one of the world’s most earthquake-prone countries, and the cleric’s unusual explanation for why the earth shakes follows a prediction by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that a quake is certain to hit Tehran and that many of its 12 million inhabitants should relocate.
    “Many women who do not dress modestly … lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes,” Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media. Sedighi is Tehran’s acting Friday prayer leader.

8. Bojack
    April 19, 2010 7:49 pm

PS- Proly be in Al Gore’s next global-warming rant too!!! HAHAHA

April 19, 2010 11:17 pm

Hope they have their nuke plants running at full capacity when it does.

OK, that was kinda mean. Probably dozens of sane Iranians in Tehran.

April 19, 2010 11:18 pm

Also, Scheherezade Faramarzi is a great name. Almost as great as Shere-Khan Smoot.

11. Bojack
    April 19, 2010 11:45 pm

I can’t help but luv this line:

“… lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity…”

Chastity???

Skippy? Ben? Santonio? Tiger?

It’s all those shameless hussies!!

April 20, 2010 12:11 am

Because West Virginia treats grownups like adults, we can buy beer at most gas stations, convenience stores and grocery stores.

So what WASN’T there to like, even before Mr. Fuoco wandered down?

April 20, 2010 12:12 am

“which (consequently) increases earthquakes”

In my pants!

14. Mikey
    April 21, 2010 10:20 am

We’ve made contact with the person who made the Craigs List post. They’re REAL…..