I don’t run. It’s really as simple as that.
I’ll do a nice, brisk walk. I’ll play tennis until my shoes wear out. I’ll do Wii Yoga with Wii Steve until he starts getting smart with me about my balance and then I flip him off with both my middle finger and the remote. I’ll ride a bike until the inevitable accident. I’ll hike. I’ll row. I’ll snowboard.
But pretty much the only time you will see me running is perhaps after my child who is running toward traffic, or after a pigeon I missed, or after David Conrad when he tries to flee, or maybe even after the ice cream truck.
Otherwise, I don’t do the aching legs, burning lungs, pounding head, oozing blisters, and puking my guts out thing.
But here’s five awesome people who are running the Pittsburgh Marathon as a relay team and they’re doing it for the Mario Lemieux Foundation and oh! I would also run after Mario Lemieux if I ever saw him on the street.
Isn’t is surprising that I don’t have any restraining orders against me? To my knowledge.
Running will be:
- Mike Woycheck, my former/current butler, proprietor of The Sandwich, all around awesome friend, husband to Meg, and father to a cutie pie.
- Jim Lokay, that KDKA traffic guy who can’t hula hoop to save his life. Hee. Just kidding. He’s more than that. He’s also an awesome person who is the “Does it Really Do That” reporter.
- Dudders, who I’ve met, who is female, who has quite possibly one of the best twitter avatars ever.
- Adrienne, who I’ve also met because she and Dudders are never apart, and who also has a drool-worthy twitter avatar.
- Jim Shireman, of Sportsocracy fame, a swell guy whose wife is currently expecting boy child number two.
If you’ve got a few bucks to spare, FOR SICK KIDS, please PayPal some moolah via the link on their page, where we’ve been promised a “vomit-by-vomit recap of the race.”
OH! I would also run away from someone who is vomiting near me.
Whaddaya know? I guess I DO run!