Decisions, decisions

Check out this shirt Burgh Baby (who is the subject of an article in this month’s Pittsburgh Magazine) found at TJ Maxx for four dollars!

Problem. I can’t decide if I should:

A: Buy this shirt and wear it proudly because THIS IS THE YEAR and because, hell, it’s only four dollars.

B: Wonder if this is a joke shirt that when Nike made it they were all, “[ROTFLMAO].”

C: Marvel that there’s a comma where there should be a semicolon.

D:  Make a joke all, “Can’t beat the Pirates?!  CAN’T BEAT THE PIRATES?! Please. The only people that can’t beat the Pirates are dead people and even then, if you deposited a corpse at each base, they’d probably turn a double play to end the game that they would win 15-1.”

I’m going with A.

Let’s go, Bucs!

1. bluzdude
    May 5, 2010 10:38 am

The Pirates should totally make you Bat Girl for a game. If their biggest, rosy-eyed cheerleader can’t shag a few bats for them, who should?

Couldn’t possibly go worse than curling, could it?

2. jennifer
    May 5, 2010 12:09 pm

I love that the TJ Maxx tag says “Past Season”– What season? 1992!

3. Virginia
    May 5, 2010 12:10 pm

Good catch, Jennifer. I didn’t even see that. Hilarious.

4. Cassie
    May 5, 2010 12:12 pm

Is Nike even aware that there IS a team named The Pirates? Or are they speaking of Pirates in general.

May 5, 2010 12:35 pm

heh-heh, bluzdude said “shag.” I’m sure the Pirates would appreciate it.

6. Biggest Fan
    May 5, 2010 2:41 pm

C. Ginny, you might be a nerd. :)

I had to read the shirt 6 times before I understood it. “Since you can’t beat the Pirates” isn’t even something my conscious understands immediately.

7. Sooska
    May 5, 2010 8:37 pm

Ginny, modern grammarians have ruled the semicolon is dead and should no longer be used in decent society; would that I could comply. These guys are ahead of the curve. Like the BoS. sorry.

8. Butcher's Dog
    May 6, 2010 7:21 am

Modern grammarians can, as a previous post said, suck it. The semicolon is necessary and should be used. Anyone expecting it to be used, let alone properly, on a t-shirt probably puts out raw carrots for the Easter Bunny.

9. Yinzer Expat
    May 21, 2010 6:19 pm

Speaking of T-shirts, I’m an expat now living in the wrong end of the state. Was home last summer for the annual Kennywood trip, and saw someone standing in line with a great T-shirt. It had a line drawing of a baseball diamond with all the characters from “Who’s On First” listed in each position on the field. The caption was “Pittsburgh Pirates” and something like “How many players can you name?” in smaller print underneath it. I asked the woman where she got it, and she said some bootleg sidewalk vendor down by PNC had them. I’ve spent a good bit of time looking for the shirt online with no luck – hard to believe. Any a yins seen sumpin like dat?