#pens

On twitter, there’s a little thing called a hashtag and what that is is any word or phrase preceded by the pound sign to sort of categorize your tweets so that others who may currently be tweeting about the same thing can search to see who else is as well.

For instance, if you’re tweeting about the Penguins, you might type, “LET’S GO #PENS!” or “Crosby sucks. #pens.”  Anyone that clicks on a #pens hashtag on anyplace in twitter will lead them to a feed of all the tweets containing #pens.

This weekend, many of my tweets were hashtagged with #mongoliandeathworms and if you want to know why, go read my feed.

Last year during the Pens epic run to the acquisition of Lord Stanley’s Cup of Superawesomeness, the hashtag of #letangsexhair became quite popular in tribute to the sexy hair regularly rocked by one Kris Letang (literally Kristopher the Tang).

I believe it was @kdudders @mindbling who started that hashtag, and if I’m wrong, please correct me.

So, thanks to Michelle, the Knitting Lady and her husband Mike, in honor of #letangsexhair, I give you from Game 5, Letang Sex Hair (literally The Tang Sex Hair):

Here he is during the National Anthem:

Here he is acting out the word BADASS in charades:

Super Sex Hair Badass Eye of the Tiger Mmrrow Zoom:

No words. You come up with some.

1. Margie
    May 10, 2010 10:12 am

if only he had some ringlets to add to the sex hair, it would be beyond perfection – *sigh*

2. PAgirlstuckinVA
    May 10, 2010 10:15 am

OMG – that man is HAWT! Holy Mother of God! Thank you Ginny for making Monday better!!

3. adriennemcc
    May 10, 2010 10:15 am

ACTUALLY, it was Dudders that started the hashtag. @mindbling just loves him sooooo.

4. adriennemcc
    May 10, 2010 10:20 am

You’re very fast! Great pics, btw!

5. Lauren
    May 10, 2010 10:24 am

Did someone tell you that my birthday was Thursday? And this is your present to me? If so, I say thank you a million times over.

Sister Pens Fan says she would leave her husband for Sidney Crosby? Well, this man could pretty much ask me to saw off my own foot and I’d do it gladly, probably while the drool continued to run down my chin from watching him.

6. Stacey
    May 10, 2010 10:37 am

That made my Monday morning. Thank you. Letang is a sexy beast.

7. PA Girl in VA
    May 10, 2010 10:58 am

Oh my. I think I need to go home now.

8. red pen mama
    May 10, 2010 11:04 am

In my conversations with my husband regarding the lovely and talented Pens, it takes a great deal of restraint to not say, “Letang sexyhair” when talking about #58. Hubs doesn’t speak the Twitter, God bless him. So I just say it in my head, as in “The goal was scored by Letang[sexyhair] from the blue line on a one-timer. And you should have seen his [hawt] fist pump!”

Also, I have something to admit. It’s very distracting to me that Hal Gill plays for the Canadiens now, and that they talk about him all the time, because I keep flashing back to that shirtless image of him featured here last year (?). I’m blaming the hormones for those torn loyalties.

9. REARless
    May 10, 2010 11:07 am

Am I the only one left that still doesn’t “get” Twitter?

10. Carpetbagger
    May 10, 2010 11:12 am

All I can think of is: “You are the one, Neo.”

Here you go, guys. So you don’t feel left out. Not really equal time, but what are you gonna do?

11. bluzdude
    May 10, 2010 11:22 am

Rearless,
    No you’re not the only one without Twitter. I do not belong to the club either.

Bagger,
    Thanks for the cheese.

Ginny,
    Thank you for providing a way to brighten my mom’s day. She can keep these pix in mind when she dons her Tanger jersey tonight.

May 10, 2010 11:24 am

You girls set the bar pretty low re: sexhair (see also: Robert Pattinson, Zac Efron, Justin Bieber).

May 10, 2010 11:26 am

REARless, bluzdude: That makes three of us. No Twitter, no iPod, no iPhone, no cell phone, no DVR, no Blu-Ray.

My idea of hell is never being out of touch with anyone at any time.

14. Summer's Kiss
    May 10, 2010 12:20 pm

I’ve been saying that Letang is sex on skates for over two years. Glad to hear that everyone is finally realizing that. Plus, he’s a pretty good hockey player. :)

15. red pen mama
    May 10, 2010 12:46 pm

@bucdaddy, you did not just group Letangsexyhair in with RPatz, Zac Efron, and Justin Bieber, all of whom are on my Pop Culture D list. (D for Doofuses. Doofi?) Anyhoo, Ima overlook it this time. And talk about you on Twitter.

xoxo.

16. Monty
    May 10, 2010 12:51 pm

@RPM — Lay off Justin Bieber. She’s just a kid.

17. Summer
    May 10, 2010 12:58 pm

YAY! More Pens posts, please and thank you!

18. PA Girl in VA
    May 10, 2010 12:58 pm

@Monty – funny!

@Rearless – I don’t get the Twitter thing, either. Internet and cell phone are enough for me. I really don’t care what Ashton Kutcher has to say (or promote). Now, back to Letang sexyhair, folks :)

19. Ash
    May 10, 2010 1:06 pm

Wow thank you for making my Monday so much better. He is beyond sexy…speechless…

20. Stephen
    May 10, 2010 1:36 pm

I’m not impressed. He looks like the Crow.

21. lovesthenorthside
    May 10, 2010 1:48 pm

hot & bothered @ work.

22. Kathy
    May 10, 2010 2:16 pm

Ginny — I had to laugh at your twitter feed during the Pens game because I immediately saw that the knitting lady was sitting RIGHT.BEHIND.THE.PENS.BENCH. and was all shouting to my husband “look, there she is!” and then I imagined all the snarky comments out there in cyberspace about that “lady knitting at a Pens game — how DARE she..” so I loved that you got on twitter and took those people to task. Yea for you and GO PENS!!

23. Butcher's Dog
    May 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Annnnndddddd the estrogen cloud grows in diameter and deepens in intensity. When, oh when, do we get to see the Wet T-Shirt Semi-Finals between Alimo and Stephanie? Yeah, that’s what I figger…ten seconds after I go blind.

24. Politicalpartypooper
    May 10, 2010 2:44 pm

on seeing the last picture, the only words he’s thinking are “God, I gotta take a crap”.

25. Suz
    May 10, 2010 3:14 pm

For all of that hotness — and I still think that he is young enough to grow in to his fine looks — occasionally shooting the puck on net would only make him more attractive.

26. PensAreYourDaddy
    May 10, 2010 3:29 pm

@Politicalpartypooper…the only crap taken was all over the Habs.

@Suz…he is not all looks. Perhaps you’ve noticed his 4 goals in the playoffs, tied for 3rd on the team.

27. Bram R
    May 10, 2010 3:33 pm

See, I was going to get a haircut today and now you have me second-guessing. Maybe I should just get up in the morning, put on a helmet, jog around the neighborhood ’till I’m sweating and then take it off.

28. Beth
    May 10, 2010 4:57 pm

The only thing I’ve ever heard Mark Madden say that I actually liked…”Letang; what the French astronauts drink.”

Also? Kris Letang is hot sex on a stick. Yum.

29. TheJim
    May 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Dudders represent!

30. Dudders
    May 10, 2010 11:09 pm

There’s also our awesome, unstoppable softball team coached by Shiremansexhair.

31. Sooska
    May 11, 2010 8:47 am

that is why we Pens fan put up with & still love him despite his own goal and his sometimes blowing a tire that leads to a goal in a loss. yeah. Go Pens.

32. TheJim
    May 11, 2010 12:19 pm

I wish I could grow a sweet beard like that.