1. The recurring dream I hate more than any other dream — more than the “all my teeth just fell out” dream and the “shit, I think I’m naked in this busy high school hallway” dream — is the dream that I am back in college, it is nearing the end of the semester and I suddenly realize I never attended a single class and now I’m going to flunk out and my Dad is going to be SO PISSED, YOU GUYS.
Is this recurring dream only mine or do you guys have that one, too?
2. All right, who out there in the 412 texted this because now I’m scared that pigeons know how to turn on ovens and no good can come from that!
3. The American Academy of Dermatology ranked Pittsburgh as one of the most sun-dumb cities in the country because we have poor sun-smarts, as in, regularly using sunscreen, etc.
- 81% of Pittsburgh residents agreed that people look more attractive with a tan;
- 65% of Denver residents agreed that people look more attractive with a tan;
- 73% of Pittsburgh residents believe people look healthier with a tan;
- 58% of Denver residents believe people look healthier with a tan.
First of all, I hate to say this, but I too believe people look healthier with a tan and yes, a bit more attractive. I know it’s not good for you to bask in the glory of the sun and I know it’s just asking for skin cancer and wrinkles, and yes, I wear facial sunscreen every day even though I’ve got lots of Arab blood running through my veins and that means I don’t have as high of a risk as other. Second of all, Pittsburgh isn’t exactly the sunniest city on Earth and that means that sometimes when the sun comes out we’re all, “Cancer, schmancer. Caress my unprotected face with your deadly cancer-rays, oh Great Ball of Fire!”
(h/t Carly who is moving here in five weeks.)
4. The buh-buh-BAH! award of the day goes to Seattle Times columnist Ron Judd for this Benny doozy:
Keeping It In His Genes: DNA evidence proves once and for all that prehistoric humans and Neanderthals interbred 50,000 to 80,000 years ago. Scientists said the discovery solves many long-standing human behavioral quandaries, including the ongoing conduct of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
Try the veal!
5. The Bloomfield Development Corporation needs our votes in the Pepsi Refresh project to raise the funds to build a memorial garden in honor of officers Sciullo, Mayhle, and Kelly.
They’re ranked 167 and they need to be top 10 to get the 50k from Pepsi.
6. I like this. Glamour meets giving at Glitzburgh which benefits Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THE SICK KIDS!
7. Craigslist What the Effies? Craigslist What the Effies!
- Ew. EWEWEWEWEWWWWWWWWW! No to all of that.
- Is that Justin Bieber?
- He forgot to add, “And I practice good oral hygiene!”
- I think this is code for something, I just don’t know what. Either way, watch your backs.
- Is there a door number 3?
- “I believe that Sex is just the pixie dust of ultimate magical power.” LOL. If you throw some [snap] and [bongo beat] in there, it becomes the best beat poem of all time.