1. Now seriously, you guys. I am tired of getting these stupid sinus infection/head cold things that turn into NyQuil resistant, lung-cheese hacking respiratory infections that require doctor visits and antibiotics.
What are some of the ways you KNOW work at boosting an immune system, because next time one of these comes at me, I’d like to roundhouse kick it in the junk.
[awkward kung fu moves]
2. Random.org chose comment #2 and #141 in the Pittsburgh Magazine Best Restaurants Party ticket giveaway. With all the great response, they agreed to give me two sets of tickets to give away and that’s why I had two numbers selected.
If you didn’t win, psst, here’s another local blog giving away a pair of tickets to the party as well. Go try your luck over there!
3. Here’s a nice little slideshow of #LetangSexHair.
4. Speaking of the Pens, there’s still time and space for you to jump in on the Mario Mosaic, a permanent photo installation at the Consol Energy Center.
All proceeds support the Mario Lemieux Foundation and you know how I feel about that.
I wonder how impossible it would be for me to get my picture taken with all of my self-united husbands wearing Pens jerseys and holding me like this:
But I only have three imaginary self-united husbands. Apparently I need to find a Doug Mientkiewicz replacement.
5. There is now officially a club for EVERYTHING.
A warm chorus of “Hi,” “Hello” and “How are you?” opened the recent meeting of the Liver and Onions Club.
I have taken one bite of liver and onions in my life and swore on my Trapper Keeper I would rather eat moldy soggy salmon loaf than to ever put nasty-ass slippery liver in my mouth again.
Hell, I’ll be president of the Moldy Soggy Salmon Loaf Club as long as it doesn’t interfere with my duties as recording secretary of the Zima Mourners of America Club.
6. If you haven’t yet picked a side for Make Room for Crazy, I should tell you three things:
- It is nearing the end of May and the Buccos are only four games out of .500 ball.
- Burgh Baby has been acquiring some awesome prizes for whatever side wins. I’ll post an updated prize list soon.
- Every time a person chooses Burgh Baby’s side, a kitten is drop-kicked, and every time a person chooses my side, a pigeon is decapitated. Choose wisely.
Pick a side before we take the buttons down in the coming weeks. It only costs five dollars and all the money is for kids!
7. Three Craigslist What the Effies!