It’s no Westhampsminstershire

Apparently, Lukey moved to Westwood.

I don’t know where Westwood is. It might as well be Azerbaijan because I have about as good of a chance of finding it on a map.

But, anyway, Lukey moved. No big deal.

Except, Lukey is MAKING it a big deal:

I spent the better part of last week trying to reach the mayor on this, but a spokeswoman finally left this message on my voice mail Friday afternoon: “He’s not interested in talking about where he lives. He considers that his private life.”

Big. Giant. Eyeroll.

I’m sure Brian O’Neill wasn’t calling to ask, “Mr. Mayor, where exactly do you live in Westwood? What is your address? Is it a friend of Kevin’s house? Are you shackin’ up with a cougar? Did Ron Burkle hook you up? Boxers or briefs?”

All Brian O’Neill wanted to know was does the Mayor live in Westwood and how does he like it there?

And Lukey is all, “[Jedi mind trick hand wave] You never saw me. I was never here. This message will self-destruct. I am your father.”

Geez, Mr. Mayor, how about being a little bit more transparent? How about not making a big deal out of what is actually a big Nothing, because otherwise, you’re making us think it’s Something? How about next time, you have Joanna say, “Yes! The mayor has chosen one of Pittsburgh’s fine 90 neighborhoods in which to make his new home. He has chosen Westwood and while I’m sure you’ll respect his privacy at his new home considering he has a young son, he’ll be glad to answer any questions you have about why he chose that particular neighborhood.”

Ta-daa!

[takes a bow]

(h/t Cheryl)

1. spoon
    May 24, 2010 11:15 am

Me thinks Lukey is going to make that Allegheny Assessment site disappear real fast

2. Westwood
    May 24, 2010 11:24 am

Westwood is a tiny neighborhood between Crafton and Greentree. Noble Manor Shopping Center is right dab in the middle of it.

It is a pretty crappy place.

3. Pa-pop
    May 24, 2010 11:27 am

Maybe it’s a different Westwood: He’s commuting from Los Angeles every day and taking ceramics classes at UCLA at night.

4. Sooska
    May 24, 2010 2:06 pm

I loved the line about the witness protection program.

in other news: don’t tell Lukey and his bro they don’t know shit: Mayor’s brother nominated to Alcosan board. “Balls!” cried the Queen. If I had 2 I’d be King!”

5. Suburban Nor'Side Girl
    May 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Maybe because that type of polite, business-like, response that one could expect from the mayor a a major metropolitan area would have been waaaay to mature for Mr. Pouty Puss. Also, I’m filing the information about his move into my who-really-gives-an-aerial-fornication file.

6. George
    May 24, 2010 3:26 pm

Westwood used to be a very nice place to live. I grew up there. But it definitely has gone down hill and taken a turn for the worse.

He probably is in the Oak hill development of new homes.

7. Bram R
    May 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Drink for “Friend of Kevin”!

My take was this was a Big Deal, not so much due to cougar-burkle and all that noise, but because the Ravenstahls are to the North Side what the wizard is to Oz. It got me to thinking, maybe there’s some other Office he’s more interested in pursuing in the future, something with a little less Searing Limelight, such as the seat of State Sen. Wayne Fontana? It’s a stretch but not a ludicrous one.

Either that or the URA bought and paid for the land and the parcel with taxpayer money and had the home constructed from the bones of feminists and the Zappala’s enemies. It’s the only other plausible explanation. That’s how Ford got set up at Gates Manor.

8. Ginger
    May 24, 2010 11:35 pm

“oh balls” was my immediate response! I live on the edge of Westwood, closer to Crafton, here where we nicknamed him “luke bob, mayor pants” before starting to read your blog…something tells me that this still doesn’t mean our streets and alleys are going to get plowed any faster…or does it??

9. Scott
    May 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Just curious…is this still in the confines of what is considered the City of Pittsburgh?