1. A conversation with my sister Pens Fan about my sister Princess Aurora:
Me: When is Princess picking up the girls’ new pet puppy?
Pens Fan: Tomorrow.
Me: What is it?
Pens Fan: A female Maltipoo.
Me: Aw. Cute. Did they name it yet?
Pens Fan: No, but Jay said no way are they letting the girls name it.
Me: Why? What names are the girls coming up with?
Pens Fan: Well, Princess Fairy Sparkle Dust was one.
I can tell you now that Bailey is the name that beat out Princess Fairy Sparkle Dust and Penelope Sunshine Diamond.
2. If I was like Dooce, and created a new blog banner every month with a catchy tagline made up of reader insults, this month would surely have this as my tagline:
“that mommy-blog of self-important inanity”
First of all, no need to rush over there and respond to that guy. Really.
Second of all, I find it sad that just because I’m a writer of a blog and I happen to be female and I happen to mention on occasion that I am a wife and mother, that gets me branded as a mommy-blog almost as an insult. Would you say that what? Perhaps one out of 30 posts here could be classified as “mommy-blogging?”
I’m the furthest thing from a feminist, but I have to say that I doubt a man with a blog about Pittsburgh who on occasion mentioned his children would ever be derisively called a “daddy-blogger.”
There is nothing wrong with mommy-blogging. One of my most favorite blogs in the world is a mommy blog. But using “mommy-blogger” as an insult because you don’t like what a female blogger is saying?
Kiss mah grits!
3. Speaking of the Treehouse issue, there will be an update as the date of the meeting nears. Stay tuned for that.
4. You don’t mess with mommies and you sure as hell don’t mess with the mommy of an autistic child and you sure as hell don’t do it anonymously because if you do, you will be pwned.
I’m going to get a Team Jake’s Mom shirt made up.
5. This Saturday Hebrew National Pittsburgh Better-than-a-Picnic Picnic is taking place at Highland Park. Free hotdogs! And service projects that benefit Pittsburgh, too.
6. USA Today is having a voting contest to crown the USA’s Best American Destination city. And you know, I’m okay that Pittsburgh isn’t on there, really. BUT PHILADELPHIA IS ON THERE!? Hell to the no.
One cracked bell does not a destination city make.
7. Dear all you thuggish neanderthal asshole Flyers … suck it!
Let’s go Hawks!
8. If I may, people, Market Square reopens this week! Farmers Market and live music starts up this Thursday. As a Burgher who spent many Thursdays in Market Square, I say, “Awesome!”
As a Market Square business owner I say, “HALLELUJAH AND ALL PRAISE BE TO THE BABY JESUS!!!”