Worst Burgher Ever?

On April 4, 2009, Richard Poplawski gunned down Pittsburgh police officers Stephen J. Mayhle, Paul J. Sciullo II and Eric G. Kelly, killing them all.

On June 2, 2010, Richard Poplawski’s mother sued Allegheny County claiming that the negligence of the 911 dispatcher who failed to inform the officers that there were weapons in the home, caused the shootout which has rendered her home uninhabitable.

Ms. Poplawski is asking the court to force Allegheny County to pay the fair market value of her home less any outstanding balance on her mortgage as of the day of the shootings; pay the cost of living for alternative housing; and compensatory damages.

Okay. I need to pause a moment here to take a deep breath. Not to calm myself down, but to make sure I lather up the correct amount of righteous indignation and spittle.

[inhale]

[breathe fire]

1.  Do you know why officers Mayhle, Sciullo and Kelly went to Ms. Poplawski’s home? Because Ms. Poplawski called them. Called 911 and said, come get my son out of my house.

They went to her home in service to her.  They went to her residence to protect her and her home from her son. They paid with their lives and she’s suing the County claiming negligence is the reason her house lies in ruins.

Let THAT sink in for a moment. Let it sink in nice and deep and then ask yourself, what the hell kind of lawyer takes on such a case?

2. Yes, the 911 operator will live the rest of her life knowing she for some reason typed in “no weapons” when in fact, there were weapons. But let’s just ask ourselves this: “What if she typed in ‘known weapons?'” Would that have changed anything?

I can only imagine it would have changed how the house was approached. Instead of officers Mayhle, Sciullo and Kelly approaching the house, it would have likely been more of a full on SWAT offensive. In other words, if they had known about the weapons, her house would have STILL come under fire and it would have been SHOCK. AND. AWE.

Her son fired bullets from the home. THAT is why the house came under fire. The officers didn’t say, “Hey, there’s no weapons here. Let’s blow this popsicle stand until it has more holes than SpongeBob SquarePants!”

It wasn’t until Richard opened fire and the officers were killed that the shoot-out began.

There is one person and one person ONLY to blame for the state of Ms. Poplawski’s house and that is Richard Poplawski — the son she asked those officers to come and remove from her home.

3. The city sued Ms. Poplawski last May because her home was uninhabitable.

City inspectors found the house at 1016 Fairfield St. lacking proper ventilation and smoke alarms in bedrooms, halls and on each floor, according to letters they sent to Margaret C. Poplawski in April.

The lawsuit says Ms. Poplawski and her mother, Catherine Scott, continue to enter the home through the garage door, “thereby acknowledging there is not adequate means of ingress and egress.” The city wants to keep her from entering the property until the problems are fixed.

Ms. Poplawski’s attorney, Leonard Sweeney, said she is not living in the home, though he declined to say where she is staying. He said repairs would be made “as soon as she is allowed entrance into the property.”

The lawsuit says Ms. Poplawski has not applied for a building permit to fix the code violations.

Ah, so she went from saying she’d repair the problems to suing the County. Seems to me her home was not in the best condition before the shootout and now she’s looking for the easy way out of a mortgage on a home she can’t inhabit due to her own negligence and the actions of her son.

4. If Ms. Poplawski believes that a negligent 911 dispatcher is even REMOTELY responsible for what happened to her home, then Ms. Poplawski should be okay with us looking at her and finding her responsible as well. It’s a two way street and I wonder how she’d feel if we said, “Well, you could have thrown the bullets away. You could have thrown the guns away. You could have gotten him help. You could have answered the door. You you you. But you didn’t. I’m suing YOU for the deaths of officers Mayhle, Sciullo and Kelly.”

At the very least, she might want to ask herself this question: “Who fired first?”

And she should answer herself, “My son did. When he met them at the door and shot two of them in the head.”

5.  Is this the wrong analogy to make? But it seems like this is akin to accidentally starting a kitchen fire, calling the fire department, and then suing them for water damage.

6. If Ms. Poplawski earns one lousy cent because of the murderous actions of her son, I will lose my freaking mind and it will not be pretty and it will probably include lots of F words and possibly a straight-jacket and most definitely an overnight stay in jail.

And if she is awarded anything, I pray to God the judge rules that she shall receive a check in the amount of ten cents paid to the order of Eff You.

Rest in peace, officers.

1. TripleC
    June 4, 2010 9:08 am

Well, she did do a marvelous job raising her son so I guess this shouldn’t be much of a shock.

2. PittGal in WI
    June 4, 2010 9:27 am

At #49- If it did get to the jury, I would pray that I would be one of the jurists- it would be the quickest decision on record.
    What drives me really crazy- as opposed to the usual crazy- is how no one take responsibility for anything these days- it ALWAYS has to be someone else’s fault. Just look at all of the frivolous lawsuits out there.

3. Carpetbagger
    June 4, 2010 10:48 am

I’ll be the Earl of FUG is speed dialing his lawyer right now wanting to know who HE can sue! Shot-drinking bitches? Bartenders? Bathroom designers?

4. Jaime
    June 4, 2010 11:32 am

In this day and age, regardless of the fact that the poor 911 dispatcher typed or clicked “No weapons’, I know for a FACT that government employees (police officers, OCY staff, etc), all approach homes as if there are weapons inside and they have no idea what awaits them on the other side of the door. They know that their safety is on the line. She is essentially saying that it is the dispatcher’s fault that the three officers are dead.

5. eieen
    June 4, 2010 12:04 pm

I have many friends and family living on Fairfield St. Including an Aunt and Uncle who live directly across the street. This woman and her family has been nothing but trouble for years. This worthless piece of shit did nothing to stop her son from collecting his arsenal of weapons. He wasn’t a hunter. What the hell did she think he was going to do with all the guns??? She is to blame for what she let go on under her roof to lead up to the shooting.

6. kevin
    June 4, 2010 12:09 pm

The world is full of stupid people who always consider themselves victims. Unfortunately, what exaserbates the problem is there is always some slime ball starving attorney who blows smoke up the so-called victims a$* and tells them they have a case. Could this attorney possibly have a family and show his face in his neighborhood? I have a hard time understanding this, however stupid people make us all look better/smarter/prettier. What I can’t understand is how a supposedly advanced country/state/justice system allows such rediculous types of Law Suits to even be filed. Can you say Hot Coffee? Although this case is so much more serious, it still brings out the worst in what we are forced to endure as reasonable or justice. Give me a shot and a beer before my head explodes.

7. burghgal
    June 4, 2010 1:01 pm

Her son started this. She her adult son to live in the house (which was probably a s-hole before this tragic event)and have weapons.

Don’t blame the dispatcher solely. They were at fault BUT what did the mother tell the dispatcher? They had a fight because the dog peed on the rug? C’mon now folks.

The s-hole of a house should be demolished. Give her a $1.27 check because that’s probably what it’s worth.

Well said Ginny.

8. BeauJacques
    June 4, 2010 3:47 pm

@#54 Jaime-

The dispatcher IS (and the supervisors, mgrs, etc)
    DIRECTLY responsible for the deaths of the 3 officers!

THAT is why it will never get to a jury.

Danny Onorato’s ship!

9. Jaime
    June 4, 2010 4:13 pm

The person directly responsible for their deaths is the person who pulled the trigger and shot them.

The dispatcher is indirectly responsible for their deaths. She didn’t murder them.

10. Thud
    June 4, 2010 5:05 pm

One of the questions raised in the blog was “what kind of lawyer would take a case like this?” Well, I did some checking on Mrs. Poplawski’s attorney’s background. His name is Leonard E. (Len) Sweeney.

Mr. Sweeney was at one time very briefly a member of the Pa. House of Representatives for the 17th Legislative District. His tenure there was not even one year. He apparently was elected in November 1974. In 1975, he was evidently expelled from the House after a conviction for Mail Fraud. He additionally had his law license suspended in 1975 arising out of the conviction. His license was reinstated in 1986.

Beyond Mr. Sweeney’s checkered history, the fact that the guy would file such a piece of crap says volumes. As an attorney myself (and one who does plaintiffs’ work), I’m embarassed. It’s garbage like this that gives a lousy reputation to the entire profession.

11. Lisa
    June 4, 2010 5:09 pm

To add to Thud’s comments (#60)…

The person who succeeded Leonard Sweeney when he was expelled from the House?

Robert P. Ravenstahl, Mayor Lukey’s grandpa.

12. Cindy T.
    June 4, 2010 7:21 pm

Once she saw that her son was dressed to kill she should have run outside and never let those poor policemen approach her home. She had time to do that. Why didn’t she? No instead they walked into an ambush. There is no way she should be paid for this. No way.

13. Meg
    June 5, 2010 7:33 am

“If you bring a horrible person into this world I think society has a right to blame you, to a certain extent, for that person’s horrible actions.”

I disagree. Some people are just born… wrong. Evil. I don’t know this woman, and without doing research, I am not going to blame her for the actions of another. I hold her son responsible for his own actions. For all I know, she lived in terror with an unstable son for most of her life.

That said, one of the legal occupants of the house started a gun fight with the cops. I wouldn’t pay her a dime.

14. PO4
    June 5, 2010 9:09 am

@Beaujacques – I think you are a moron!! Your comment has no validity. Obviously you are not a Police Officer and never have been and you have some kind of political agenda.

You dont like Onoroto and niether do I but he didnt do anything wrong.

A mistake is a mistake. The dispatcher made a mistake. SHE DIDNT KILL THEM. I know that the same thing would have happened even if she said there were weapons.

I am a police officer. I have been for many years. THOSE GUYS WERE MY FREINDS!!! The fact that the dispatcher did not say there were weapons in the house doesnt matter.

Not one police officer would have done anything different. We go to houses for domestic calls all the time…with guns and alledgedly without guns. The fact that people say there are guns or arent guns is based soley on the person calling 911 and belive me PEOPLE LIE TO THE POLICE ALL THE TIME!!!

Maybe you should think about that before you make your politically motivated comments. I think the county should pay NOTHING!!! I think she should be arrested!!

The only thing that would have changed the outcome of April 4 is for the mother to have told the truth, My son is nuts, he just got on a Tactical Vest and is loading an AK47!! Then no one would have approached the house. Why didnt she say that? She opened the door and invited Paul right in.

F%$# HER!!! And her son!! And you too if you think we should pay anything to those animals!!!!

15. Caryn W
    June 5, 2010 10:43 am

@BeauJacques – you are posting based upon a political rant that has no basis in the law or facts. If you cannot think and speak rationally, keep your thoughts to yourself.

I agree with many comments posted, particularly PO4, as it was the son initiating gunfire that led to the damage to the house. My understanding from many friends who are cops is that they ASSUME there are weapons, but they don’t send the SWAT team to every domestic dispute (which would be both ridiculous and not cost or time effective). Domestic disputes of any kind are the most dangerous situations for law enforcement, and a shootout seems to have been inevitable in this case. Whether officers would have died if circumstances had played out differently…it seems unlikely but who knows? But that is not the issue in her lawsuit – the damage to her house from her son’s criminal activity is the basis for her claim, but she wants to shift responsibility to the County, who sent people to SAVE her. To BeauJacques and Lawrence, that illogical claim is the basis for the outrage expressed by Ginny and others here, and I agree.

In terms of the law (having some training/experience in that area), the lawsuit can be challenged just after filing but is not likely to be thrown out on its face (although I hope the County law dept CAN make that case). While that may seem ridiculous, our justice system is generally designed to let claims in and be heard. This gives everyone a “voice” but can lead to a lot of bad/goofy lawsuits and filings. But the good of having an open legal system is generally viewed as outweighing the bad of kooks dragging others to court (although I am a fan of the system in the United Kingdom, where, if you lose, you are likely to or guaranteed to pay the other sides costs for having defended against your claim – this is a disincentive to bringing a case without merit).

However, I believe no damages should be or will be awarded in this case, since the Plaintiff’s case would have to establish that there is a direct link to the 911 dispatcher’s omission and the resulting gun battle. That is not the case IMO, and I feel confident the facts would support the opposite finding and a jury would agree. Her son was the cause of the gun battle, not what some poor dispatcher did or did not type in the computer. Moreover, if the mother knew he had on his vest and a loaded AK47, then she bears responsibility too for not warning the officers or 911 more clearly. As a member of the law profession, I find this claim to be an embarrassment to the practice of law, but blame it on the litigious culture that exists in this country. Too many people think they are “owed” something, or that someone else should always pay if a bad thing happens. It’s sad. Without people feeling that way, lawyers who take pathetic cases would go out of business.

Once again, thanks Ginny for voicing thoughts that I had when I saw the PG’s article (and when I read the Complaint).

16. emama
    June 5, 2010 11:31 am

correct me if I am wrong, but the guy shot two of the cops before they could even open fire, right? So … who shot up the house? A dead man can’t fire a gun.

17. BeauJacques
    June 5, 2010 12:08 pm

@PO4-

Who are you really?

@Caryn-

In YOUR opinion?? Based on what FACTS? WHERE did you go to law school? There are no FACTS established yet!

NO ONE KNOWS THE EXTENT OF THE WEAPONS WARNING GIVEN THE (!! DISPATCHER YET!

And MY opinion is, we never will because it interferes with someone ELSE’S political agenda.

18. emama
    June 5, 2010 12:31 pm

PO4 couldn’t have said it better

“The only thing that would have changed the outcome of April 4 is for the mother to have told the truth, ‘My son is nuts, he just got on a Tactical Vest and is loading an AK47!!’ Then no one would have approached the house. Why didnt she say that? She opened the door and invited Paul right in.”

19. Mark
    June 5, 2010 12:52 pm

Good rant, lots of truth, but don’t lose any sleep over it. She’s trying some odd strategy of saving face. It will be seen for what it is and be summarily tossed.

20. BeauJacques
    June 5, 2010 1:08 pm

@emama-

No one knows WHAT was said! To the dispatcher, or at the door! The officer is dead.

That is why we need the FACTS! The 911 tape!

My complaint here is with the incompetence of the 911, politically-oriented and staffed, Call Center.

The INCOMPETENCE is what they will continue to cover up.

21. emama
    June 5, 2010 1:23 pm

@BeauJacques-

Well, either way, regardless of what was ‘said’, the man shot the first two cops in the head, one while he was standing on the doorstep knocking on the door. IMHO, any ‘return fire’ that comes after that, hence, shooting up your house, is legit, warranted and should be expected.

I just don’t think it really matters if the dispatcher put ‘weapons’ or ‘no weapons’ on the call, it seems to me that a domestic dispute is generally known to be dangerous- which is proven by the fact that Kelly stopped by to help out on his way home from work and DIDN’T NEED TO BE THERE, BUT CHOSE TO HELP HIS FRIENDS OUT JUST IN CASE THEY NEEDED IT. (and he KNEW there were supposedly, ‘no weapons’.) hrmpf!

Have you read the articles, BeauJacques? Cause I think you are misinformed, greatly. Why don’t you do some research. This is probably the 1st you’ve heard of this disaster. shut yo’ face, jagoff.

22. BeauJacques
    June 5, 2010 3:49 pm

@ Yomama-

I’ve followed this very closely!

And, as PO4 wrote, if the dispatcher was informed of the number of, and types of weapons, the state of mind of the son, it makes ALL the difference in the world.

Since, as many have noted here, domestic violence calls are so potentially dangerous, when the dispatcher asks about weapons, doesn’t common sense- AKA COMPETENCE dictate the follow-up questions:

What kind of weapons?
    How many?
    State of mind??

This is the heinous inadequacy of our 911 Call Center

Which was repeated this February when the 911 Call Center neglected to inform EMS that the family had called 10 times.
    Stuff your insults.

23. BeauJacques
    June 5, 2010 3:58 pm

PS @ Yomama-

My WHOLE point is-

Because of their need to hide the sorry, pathetic
    setup at the 911 Call Center,

which would be exposed in glaring detail,

they will pay off this woman, rather than let that tape, and their hideous procedural structures
    be made public.

24. emama
    June 5, 2010 5:59 pm

The WHOLE point BJ is that this woman is trying to sue the city for damage to her home. I’m saying that it’s not the city’s fault her home was damaged, it was damaged by the occupant, her son!!!!!!!

I don’t doubt the 911 system is severely flawed, but the city BETTER NOT PAY FOR HER HOUSE. The effed up 911 system has nothing to do with her son shooting up her house.

25. BeauJacques
    June 5, 2010 9:37 pm

Well, her “claim” is that 911 failed to relay
    to the PD the info on weapons, and if they had,
    the shootout would not have happened as it did.

Property damage?

How about the lives of 3 officers?

In the course of a lawsuit her attorney will acquire that 911 tape.

How good a warning did she give that dispatcher??
    Do you know?
    The mother knows.

Isn’t it more than a little curious in an age where EVERY 911 call, especially high profile ones are available to the media and on the interweb in a matter of days, if not hours, that THIS ONE has been withheld??

Why do you think that is?

There is every reason to believe that the 911
    f-up caused the preventable deaths of 3 officers.

But again, I don’t think it will ever be made public, for that very reason.

They (we, the taxpayers) will settle.

26. BeauJacques
    June 5, 2010 9:57 pm

I’ll even go so far as to say that should the suit proceed to the point that the County is ordered to produce it, something mysterious will happen:

“We lost it.” “It was ‘accidently’ erased..” etc

I believe it’s probably THAT damning.

And whose watch was it, whose brainchild is it?

It’s an election year.

27. PO4
    June 6, 2010 11:32 am

@BeauJacques..

I must again refer you to my initial comment about you!! You are a MORON!!!

You must be a RECLOUSE! You seem like the Guy Mel Gibson Played on the Movie “Conspiracy Theory!!” Everything is a Big Cover Up!!!

I bet you dont even believe that we landed on the moon either!!

I actually feel sorry for you! You must be single, hide in your apartment, never go out, and only get supplies via the internet!

I was there that day! I heard the Tapes that you alledge are missing. The call taker asked are there any guns in the house(Standard Question). The mother said yes ther are, they are legal. She didnt say anything else about her psychotic sons intentions.

What are the call takers supposed to do ask 500 questions before dispatching a call. Do you have any guns? Are you putting on a Tactical vest? Is anyone in your house planning on killing someone? Do you want to hurt the police?

REALLY?

What do you want the 911 center to do? I agree that the system is flawed. I believe a mistake was made.

THERE IS NO COVER UP!!

The tape is unavailable for public review because in case in your conspiracy theory lock down, you didnt know, there is a Criminal Court Proceeding going on!! They need that for the court case.

How about we focus on the fact that her son killed three police officers. Absolutly nothing would have happened to her house if her son didnt kill the police responding to her house to HELP her!!

And as far as who I am, I am a Police Officer and Proud of it! I serve the City of Pittsburgh daily and protect the Public…even people like you!!!

28. emama
    June 6, 2010 12:25 pm

Again, well said PO4. Apparently BJ thinks that people who call 911 should not be under any stress when they call, give a full account of the situation at hand and be fully responsible for all the details. Jeebus, sometimes little kids call 911 for help and the police officers still know what to do when they get there. These fine men did not die because of a 911 mistake, there is NO cover up, YES the system is flawed. Bottom line- they died because some idiotic psychopath killed them in cold blood. The house was shot up by the killer and by people protecting other innocent lives. You are so effing stupid.

29. Virginia
    June 6, 2010 12:46 pm

I understand this is an emotional subject, but please refrain from name calling other commenters. Thanks so much!

30. BeauJacques
    June 6, 2010 1:10 pm

@ PO4- there is no “o” in recluse, which I’m not.

500 questions? No, but how about 1-5 important follow-ups to “Yes, there are weapons in the house.”

i.e.- How many? What type? What state of mind is the person in?

Don’t you think that MIGHT be important? Critical even?

Your explanation for withholding the 911 tape is ludicrous.

You speak as if I’m defending this murdering psychopath, I’m absolutely not. I am criticizing
    the 911 Center and the people who staff it with
    political patronage flunkies i.e.- relatives and friends of political party hacks.

@emama- It is BECAUSE 911 callers are typically distraught, and by definition in crisis, that the 911 staff needs to be competent, trained, and skilled at getting the vital and necessary information from the callers to be able to direct the appropriate responses whether fire, EMS, or police to the scene.

To ignore the politics that are involved in the aftermath of this horrible tragedy (unnecessary IMO) is naive.

31. Roxy
    June 6, 2010 1:19 pm

I don’t think this woman should get any money for her house. However I don’t understand everyones anger at her. She did not shoot the officers.

Does anyone know for fact that she knew his intentions, if he had any? Since when did a parent become responsible for their adult child’s actions? When people call 911 they are typically in fear and I seriously doubt would think of every last thing to say. How is anyone to know that she wasn’t forced into making that call if her son was such a psycho.

I just think it is crazy at the reactions at other commenter’s on here. Stop jumping to conclusions! If we knew for a fact that she knew her son planned on killing them and helped him I could see it.

32. BeauJacques
    June 6, 2010 1:36 pm

@ PO4- FYI, I have an electric candle in my window
    with a blue bulb which I have replaced about 4 times now.

MY sense of justice trends toward the seriously Medieval, such as prolonged torture with an
    equally prolonged hideous death as the finale.

33. PO4
    June 6, 2010 1:55 pm

Beau..seriously, you need to wake up!! My last comment on the subject is this:

It doesnt matter how many questions you ask anyone who calls 911. You are basing these questions simply on the fact that the person of whom you are asking the questions to is telling the truth!!

I answer many 911 calls throughout my shift. Even if the dispatcher tells me there are no Guns in the house do you really think a trained police officer believes that? I surely dont!!

The answer to the questions Are there any weapons in the house? How many etc will be answered by a person who called 911. Are they being truthful or do they just want a quicker response to their call? Why do you think people tell the dispatchers the truth?

Should I believe them if they say there are no guns in the house? Well Im here to tell you I DONT!!

People lie all the time and you think just because a question is asked the truth comes out!! You are mistaken.

Even if people say there are guns in the house, do we not answer the 911 call then? What should we do? We answer them all the time. We have to. People are allowed to have guns, and I feel that even when I am told there is no weapons according to the 911 caller, I respond as if there are guns.

There is nothing that could have changed the outcome of that day except for his mother to have said what his intentions are.

Three of my friends are dead! It is not because of any cover up. Its not because they werent informed that there were weapons in the house. It is because Poplowski decided to kill them….simple as that.

AND if the mother knew and didnt tell the dispatcher or Paul before she invited him in then I feel that she is just as responsible!!

34. BeauJacques
    June 6, 2010 3:09 pm

Well we disagree.

I see “standoffs” on the news every week where police know an armed person is inside and they
    are dealing with the situation one way if there are hostages or another if he’s just holed up.

If the officers knew this nut was sitting on an arsenal that included high power rifles AND he was agitated I don’t think they would have just strolled up to the house!

This is critical information that easily could have been gathered from the 911 caller in this case.

Of course police should assume there might be weapons inside!

There was a case this February in Oakland where a guy was making threats, so they ordered him outside, you know, with his hands showing!

I do not believe you are a police officer!

I think you are just playing one on this blog.

Book him Dan-Ho!

35. PO4
    June 6, 2010 3:42 pm

Oh Beau…you are so simple. I am a Police Officer. I have been for many years!!

In the cases of the standoff’s well…let me just say this. The standoff’s didnt start from the mere 911 calls.

Police actually responded to the calls, determined it was a Baracaded Situation, then called SWAT!!

You seem to want to put the cart before the horse. Police have to respond and assess the situation before any other action can be taken. The mere presence of Guns in a house does not make the call a SWAT call.

If it did then my job would be alot easier!!

I think you are in serious need of a Reality Check.

But in the mean time….invest in some Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil and wrap it around your head so the scary people in the world wont be able to read your thoughts!! One more thing, I hear it works better if you have the shiny side out!!!!

36. Danno
    June 6, 2010 3:55 pm

hahahaha… it’s “Book ’em, Danno!”, not Book him Dan-Ho. hahahahahahah thx 4 that.

37. BeauJacques
    June 6, 2010 5:16 pm

@PO-

Don’t quit your day job, you’ll starve as an actress.

38. Dan "Ho" Onoratoski
    June 6, 2010 5:22 pm

?????

39. Dan Ho Onoratski
    June 6, 2010 5:24 pm

Huhh???

40. PO4
    June 6, 2010 5:45 pm

@Virginia

I apologize for the name calling. I just get upset when people talk of what they don’t know in regards to this situation.

Being there, having first hand knowledge of what occurred, seeing what NO POLICE OFFICER should ever have to see, and having the feeling of utter helplessness fall over me is not something I am or ever will be used to!

Only a Police Officer or his wife would understand that.

But, I do apologize.

Thank You for your support!!

41. Xena
    June 6, 2010 8:30 pm

She’s blaming the 911 operator. What? Is there something wrong with her mouth? She can’t speak, shout, yell, warn anybody? She can’t warn anybody> The families should sue her.

42. CC
    June 7, 2010 8:52 am

This is an emotional issue but how can anyone give this woman any empathy. I believed it on the day it happened and I believe it today, she should be charged with something. I am not an attorney or a police officer but she facilitated this. Her son was in the house with a bullet proof vest and assault weapons. Isn’t this an obvious red flag that his intentions were not to protect himself but to inflict harm. To defend this woman in any way, shape or form is simply offensive. I am not defending the 911 operator but this woman was in the house with the lunatic. She should have done more. She should have protected those officers. It is shameful and criminal that she did not.