1. Tonight is the Treehouse meeting, and I hope that I can count on some of you to be there with me as a show of support for Amy. I know she’d greatly appreciate it as well, considering that one of the opponents to the treehouse said, “If you’ve got a treehouse, what better place to hide the drugs.”
Amy truly wanted both sides to be heard, and that’s what’s going to happen. The meeting will be facilitated by the Regent Square Civics Association and the Parks Conservancy will present on behalf of Amy.
2. The Freedom post office will be renamed The John Scott Challis Jr. Post Office in tribute to John Challis, the teen who died after a truly courageous cancer battle almost two years ago.
Huge high five to Rep. Jason Altmire for making that happen by having the bill co-sponsored by all the PA delegates before President Obama signed it into law.
3. Boy, you’d think those Microsoft folks would just go away already, but NOOOO. They gotta keep giving, this time to the tune of an extra XBOX and Guitar Hero III with a wireless guitar, already delivered to the hospital for Make Room for Kids.
Mike and I will be getting busy with the other purchases very soon and will keep you updated.
4. PNC Park was named the 10th best baseball park by Fox Sports stating:
The last game I attended, you know, the one we lost 20-0? I got to high-five the yellow pierogi.
Good to have that crossed off my bucket list.
Next on the list: Kick Steely McBeam in the junk.
5. On June 10, write your own “giant sucking sound” joke.
6. A local pastor shows off his rap skills for a sermon, no less.
I’m told this is the pastor from Grace church in Cranberry and according to YouTube, it was produced for the final sermon in a series about parenting.
7. Summer means heading outdoors in the Pittsburgh region, because, yo, Walls Are Bad.
You no longer have an excuse for not knowing what awesome things there are to do outdoors in the Burgh.
8. Up from 20th in 2007 and 4th last year, Pittsburgh has been ranked the country’s top philanthropic city in the United States, according to Charity Navigator.
This is a big deal! Group hug!
9. Super fantastic giveaway coming up on the blog later today. Hints: Mansion. Mt. Washington. Jeans. Charity. Dancing. Jewels. FUN!
So excited for this giveaway!
10. Lukey sent an email to the college graduates in Pittsburgh asking them to stick around and live and work in the city after graduation, and surprisingly he did not begin the email with, “Dear Graduates, Let’s just pretend that little Tuition Tax thing never happened. Let’s move forward from it, if you will.”
That’s like trying to pick a favorite between CryBaby Gumballs and Sour Warheads. NOT POSSIBLE!
12. If you missed it, my post over at Pittsburgh Magazine about my horrible eating habits. Sneak peak: Count Chocula.
Also, please ignore the part where I get bitchy in the comments. Sometimes, bitchy just wins.
Maybe THAT’S what I’ll have put on my gravestone.