50 DVDs of Hot Poop

Today, in light of Georgia’s Sunshine Laws, over 50 DVDs were released of footage and evidence in Ben Roethlisberger’s alleged rape case and I have to tell you guys, I’m not going to do it.

No way on God’s blue and green earth am I going to spend my time watching videos of the accuser and her friends and Ben’s friends and other random people talk about something that may or may not have been consensual.  If it wasn’t consensual, yeah, let’s hash it out some more and put the girl through more suffering and let’s all talk about her and what she might look like and “Would Benny really hit on her?!” and let’s have her read some more about how she’s probably just a money-hungry whore because what raped woman doesn’t want to read that about herself and let’s pick this case apart bit by bit and let’s discount that and discredit that and let’s hedge our bets that those girls are good actresses and blah blah blah blah BLAH!

I’m not doing it. Not going to take screengrabs of the accusers blurred-out face. I’m not going to listen to her talk about Ben whipping Little Ben out. I don’t want to hear about what the bartender said or the waitress said or the bystander said. I’m not going to listen to any of it unless somewhere in there someone goes on some awesome random tirade against pigeons or for the resurrection of Zima production in America.

I get why Sunshine Laws exist, but what fun is it when the laws are just shining the sun on a giant stinky load of poop that will only smell worse now that it’s being blasted with some heat?

What will change as a result of these tapes being released? Benny will never be tried for this alleged crime. Only Benny and his accuser know what really happened and we can at least rest comfortably that eventually, the Karma Boomerang will deliver final justice to whomever is lying. Hell, look at OJ Simpson. These tapes will only succeed in bringing back to the surface what so many are trying to push under and swim away from.

I’m so tired of it all. It’s the main reason I wanted Benny traded. So I don’t have to care or write about him. So I don’t have to see the interviews he’s giving to WTAE and KDKA in which he’s going to say what he’s been saying — “I’m sorry for my behavior, but I committed no crime and I look forward to bettering myself in the future so that I can make my family, my team, and my fans proud of me again.”

Would you like to buy my ticket to this showing of the Great Public Rehabilitation of the Image of Benjamin Roethlisberger because I don’t really want to see the show. I just want it all, and him, to make like the fleeting Roethlishawkletberger and go away.

That said, you guys HAVE GOT to go watch Benny turning on the charm on the dance floor at the Capital City bar.

Take away his bajillion dollars and his NFL contract and you really do end up with Bubba Joe Doofus the Third. But I’m just saying that because of that one time he turned me down at Diesel when I was all, “How’s about I take this sexy hearing aid out and you go to town on my cute earlobe?”

1. NewBurgher
    June 9, 2010 8:00 pm

BTW – LMAO at 31. @L-A

2. H
    June 9, 2010 8:05 pm

@ empirechick

Actually, they posed for the picture BEFORE the complaint was filed, even before they went to the club. And, they did talk to him right after the complaint was filed, but he and one of his friends wisely decided to stop the questioning until Ben had a lawyer present. Again, another right as a citizen.

3. Say What?
    June 9, 2010 10:51 pm

It is shocking and disappointing to read that Ginny’s minions don’t like my posts :-(

Was I being a tool? Probably.

There is a large percentage of people that disagree with Ginny about whether Ben should stay. The Steelers have no doubt made a business decision. They are not keeping him out of the goodness of their hearts.

Please listen to the accuser’s audio interview. Then watch her video interview. Then decide. If I were on a jury, I am not sure the evidence is so clear cut.

4. Magnus Patris
    June 9, 2010 11:52 pm

Well, all that being said, “50 DVD’s of Hot Poop” is a great name for a band. (Someone had to say it).

5. BeauJacques
    June 10, 2010 12:03 am

2 NFL players, one spoon.

6. BeauJacques
    June 10, 2010 8:28 am

Bernard McGuirk on Imus this morn:

How can anybody root for the Steelers now? He’s like Joran VanDerSloot with shoulder pads!

7. Steverino
    June 10, 2010 9:15 am

How ironic that these DVDs come out the same week that “Big” Ben’s mea culpa tour begins. Saw him on TV last night and he looks like he’s in his mid-40s. In ten years, he’ll look like a senior citizen.

8. Al Lambrini
    June 10, 2010 10:13 am

ha! on a bright note some of the fan taunting that is undoubtedly coming our way on road games should be pretty creative if not downright funny. We have been dishing it out for years with the likes of Ray Lewis and Chris that is coming back in a very big way this year

9. CrashJK
    June 10, 2010 10:18 am

Just wondering, will the DVD box set be onsale at the Heinz Field gift shops and numerous Steeler stores at the local malls ? I’m thinking the blind following Stiller faithfull will flock to add this to their Super Bowl DVD sets….

LET’S GO PENS !!!!….and Bring Pedro Alvarez up NOW !!!

June 10, 2010 10:29 am

BoJack on fire.

11. toni
    June 10, 2010 11:01 am

I’m not watching the Georgia videos and I’m not watching Ben dancing. The only video I want to see is the idiot throwing a football followed by a competion in the endzone to Hines Ward.

I don’t follow his suck up act and I don’t for one minute believe he’s a changed man…that comes with time and hopefully maturity….something he hasn’t acquired yet.

12. Lizzy
    June 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Come on girls, don’t you just want to kiss that face :-P

13. burghgal
    June 10, 2010 2:01 pm

It’s a shame he’s turned into such a douche. He used to live on Washington’s Landing and we would run into him walking at lunch time. He would have his dog out and was very friendly, didn’t act like a big douche. Guess all the fame and money got to him.

A comment was made on one of the shows that this stuff happens all the time to sports guys.. they just throw money at the situation. Which is sad in it’s own right.

Allegedly… he has been seen at Blush trying to get discounted two for one dances or not giving out tips.

Allegedly – he hangs in GA because business in Pgh can’t stand him walking out on big tabs, not tipping, etc.

14. NewBurgher
    June 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Yes, didn’t he used to stencil “PFJ” or something similar on his shoes? Guess that maxim doesn’t make the cut anymore in his life. It truly is a pity.