50 DVDs of Hot Poop

Today, in light of Georgia’s Sunshine Laws, over 50 DVDs were released of footage and evidence in Ben Roethlisberger’s alleged rape case and I have to tell you guys, I’m not going to do it.

No way on God’s blue and green earth am I going to spend my time watching videos of the accuser and her friends and Ben’s friends and other random people talk about something that may or may not have been consensual.  If it wasn’t consensual, yeah, let’s hash it out some more and put the girl through more suffering and let’s all talk about her and what she might look like and “Would Benny really hit on her?!” and let’s have her read some more about how she’s probably just a money-hungry whore because what raped woman doesn’t want to read that about herself and let’s pick this case apart bit by bit and let’s discount that and discredit that and let’s hedge our bets that those girls are good actresses and blah blah blah blah BLAH!

I’m not doing it. Not going to take screengrabs of the accusers blurred-out face. I’m not going to listen to her talk about Ben whipping Little Ben out. I don’t want to hear about what the bartender said or the waitress said or the bystander said. I’m not going to listen to any of it unless somewhere in there someone goes on some awesome random tirade against pigeons or for the resurrection of Zima production in America.

I get why Sunshine Laws exist, but what fun is it when the laws are just shining the sun on a giant stinky load of poop that will only smell worse now that it’s being blasted with some heat?

What will change as a result of these tapes being released? Benny will never be tried for this alleged crime. Only Benny and his accuser know what really happened and we can at least rest comfortably that eventually, the Karma Boomerang will deliver final justice to whomever is lying. Hell, look at OJ Simpson. These tapes will only succeed in bringing back to the surface what so many are trying to push under and swim away from.

I’m so tired of it all. It’s the main reason I wanted Benny traded. So I don’t have to care or write about him. So I don’t have to see the interviews he’s giving to WTAE and KDKA in which he’s going to say what he’s been saying — “I’m sorry for my behavior, but I committed no crime and I look forward to bettering myself in the future so that I can make my family, my team, and my fans proud of me again.”

Would you like to buy my ticket to this showing of the Great Public Rehabilitation of the Image of Benjamin Roethlisberger because I don’t really want to see the show. I just want it all, and him, to make like the fleeting Roethlishawkletberger and go away.

Take away his bajillion dollars and his NFL contract and you really do end up with Bubba Joe Doofus the Third. But I’m just saying that because of that one time he turned me down at Diesel when I was all, “How’s about I take this sexy hearing aid out and you go to town on my cute earlobe?”

1. Elle C.
    June 9, 2010 6:01 am

All that this TMZ video does is perpetuate the stereotype that all Pittsburgher’s have mullets.

2. Seriously
    June 9, 2010 9:56 am

STOP ENGAGING THIS PERSON.

3. Seriously
    June 9, 2010 9:58 am

Can we stop engaging this person?

4. Tracy Gray
    June 9, 2010 12:44 pm

I am really glad to read that you won’t be watching the Ben tapes I won’t either. I couldn’t believe that they are even releasing them and if they are obligated to, why not do it quietly? I too am tired of this whole Ben thing and really hope it just goes away.

5. empirechick
    June 9, 2010 12:45 pm

My favorite thing about all of this is that they have interviews with everyone under the sun, but not Ben. Two people were involved in this incident, yet only one was ever interviewed by authorities. Who says money can’t buy happiness, or at least a get out of jail free card?

(Yes, I know he was never charged, innocent util proven, etc., etc. But does anyone think for a second that if they were accused of what Ben was, the police wouldn’t have at least insisted they have a little chat??)

6. Slick Van Slyke
    June 9, 2010 12:57 pm

I really wish these had never seen the light of day. For the accusers sake and for Ben’s sake. As despicible as the allegations against him are, I really was trying to move-on from this and start convincing myself to try rooting for him to better himself and lead the Steelers. Why re-open and re-hash everything?

7. red pen mama
    June 9, 2010 12:58 pm

I was just talking about this at lunch, and I feel the same way. I don’t want to know. I just don’t.

8. Carpetbagger
    June 9, 2010 1:35 pm

I’m also dreading the day that Ben has his first good game back and afterward breaks out the: “Nobody believed in me but the guys in this lockerroom. Everyone was down on me, but now I’m back like I said I would be. I’m just here to win back the trust of the fans, and I think I did that today.”

Aw, see? I just gacked up a little bile there.

9. Say What?
    June 9, 2010 1:45 pm

I am confused. How do you know what is in the video if you are not watching them?

Admit it, you are a little curious.

10. Virginia
    June 9, 2010 1:47 pm

I have no idea what’s in the videos. I’m guessing. I’m not even a little curious.

11. Say What?
    June 9, 2010 1:50 pm

How do you know he turned on the charm?

‘That said, you guys HAVE GOT to go watch Benny turning on the charm on the dance floor at the Capital City bar.’

June 9, 2010 1:51 pm

Dancing to … Miley? Seriously? So he would have taken 15 but settled for 20?

I would of course rather see his psychological profile (which ain’t gonna happen, natch) because I’m serious about this: What if the guy is not Bubba Joe Doofus III but an actual sociopath? How do we know what’s in his freezer or under his floorboards? OK, that’s a bit over the top, but still …

Signs and symptoms of antisocial personality disorder:

Characteristics of people with antisocial personality disorder may include:

Persistent lying or stealing
    Apparent lack of remorse or empathy for others
    Cruelty to animals [such as Bengals? — bd]
    Poor behavioral controls — expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper
    A history of childhood conduct disorder
    Recurring difficulties with the law
    Tendency to violate the boundaries and rights of others
    Substance abuse
    Aggressive, often violent behavior; prone to getting involved in fights
    Inability to tolerate boredom
    Disregard for safety

Much of that looks like the definition of “pro football player” too.

13. Virginia
    June 9, 2010 1:53 pm

@Say What?,

Read my post again. I said I’m not watching any of the videos of the interviews or evidence, and I haven’t. That video of Benny dancing was on top of TMZ when I clicked over there a while ago and I watched it.

I’m not going to watch any videos of any of the interviews with any of the witnesses.

Get it?

14. Say What?
    June 9, 2010 1:55 pm

The video is part of the DVDs released by authorities.

15. Virginia
    June 9, 2010 1:56 pm

I’m sorry. Would you like me to go back and edit my post to say, “I’m not watching any of the evidence videos, except the hilarious one I saw on TMZ of Benny dancing with some babes?”

Also, why are you commenting under a new name, NW Joe?

16. Say What?
    June 9, 2010 2:03 pm

Oh, I have been outed. Please don’t banish me from reading the next Benny post that has links to videos from the investigation that you watched when you say you will not watch them.

What does that make you?

17. Virginia
    June 9, 2010 2:06 pm

Oh, God.

18. jon q
    June 9, 2010 2:11 pm

only way ill watch a ben interview is if its done by alison morris, or suzy kolber shes hot to

19. Say What?
    June 9, 2010 2:16 pm

Dismissal. Good response. Especially when you have no defense for being a hypocrite.

20. Ms Lee
    June 9, 2010 2:30 pm

@Say What?:

You’re like school in summertime.

21. jon q
    June 9, 2010 2:44 pm

i wish i had time in my life like “say what” to worry about what other people are doing, definate sign of insecurity

22. H
    June 9, 2010 2:46 pm

@empirechick

Do you know anything about the law and your rights as a citizen? It is your right to remain silent. No one, no matter their social status, is required to speak to law enforcement.

23. Erin
    June 9, 2010 2:47 pm

@Say What,
    why are you getting so charged up about this? The TMZ video doesn’t contain any of the things Ginny said she was opposed to seeing – it’s a totally different video than the witness interrogation videos. The fact that it was part of the DVDs released by authorities doesn’t mean anything, and doesn’t prove the point that you’re trying to make; that Ginny is a hypocrite.

I will say that I understand why you changed your post name, so it would reflect what you are saying in your post now, and I don’t think Ginny should’ve “outed” you as if you were doing something sneaky by changing your name.

That is all. I don’t know why I got involved.

24. Dan (Not Onarato)
    June 9, 2010 2:52 pm

Ill be watching WPXI because thats the only channel Benny wouldnt talk to.

25. Say What?
    June 9, 2010 2:52 pm

@Erin

I am sorry but Ms. Montanez clearly states ‘I’m not going to listen to any of it unless somewhere in there someone goes on some awesome random tirade against pigeons or for the resurrection of Zima production in America.’

At this point, I am not sure what is worse, the false claim or outing me.

26. Erin
    June 9, 2010 2:55 pm

But … but…she didn’t watch the witness interrogation videos. This was an innocuous video that was just funny. Yes, it was released by Georgia just as the others were, but come on…it’s really stretching to say she’s a hypocrite for watching this particular video.

27. Monty
    June 9, 2010 2:59 pm

Mountain. Molehill.

28. Say What?
    June 9, 2010 3:03 pm

Yes Erin, you are correct after the fact.

But what does ‘any of it’ mean? The video was released by the GBI. Whether it was ‘evidence’ would not be able to be discerned until it was, in fact, watched.

29. Bulldog
    June 9, 2010 3:06 pm

wow, some people can be so dense. There’s two different subjects, a. investigation DVDs just released by the Georgia authorities investigating the reprehensible conduct in Milledgeville, and b. funny TMZ video of Ben dancing in a night club on that night in Georgia. Ginny clearly stated that she wasn’t interested in watching (a) and said nothing indicating she did otherwise.

There’s no false claim, lies, misdirection, etc. other than an individual poster who can’t decide which name to use for his own posts.

30. Erin
    June 9, 2010 3:09 pm

It was a 43 second video entitled “Big Ben – Dancing to Miley the Night of the Incident”. I think it is safe to say that it wasn’t the ilk of video that Ginny didn’t want to watch.

31. L-A
    June 9, 2010 3:11 pm

why are people such tools? can’t you block him like you blocked king tool priester? READ IT FOR WHAT IT IS AND QUIT ANALYZING IT LIKE IT’S EFFIN KIERKEGAARD (what up mayor lukey?).

32. Say What?
    June 9, 2010 3:12 pm

Hey Mouthbreather, I mean Bulldog. How will she know the difference before she watches them?

33. Say What?
    June 9, 2010 3:23 pm

I am sorry but she makes a false claim (apparent by her intial responses to my first post) and then outs me in an apparent effort to discredit me. And I am the tool?

34. L-A
    June 9, 2010 3:26 pm

Yes, in fact, you are. Because you’re all WAH!!! about it. Sheesh.

35. empirechick
    June 9, 2010 3:32 pm

H @ 22:

You are correct, but did they even try to talk to Ben about it? I mean, aside from asking him to pose for pictures AFTER the complaint was made?

36. Oracle of Delphi
    June 9, 2010 3:39 pm

L-A Says:
    June 9th, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Yes, in fact, you are. Because you’re all WAH!!! about it. Sheesh.

I agree. Say What? appears to be a tool who probably only has his tool for comfort…..

37. Me
    June 9, 2010 3:41 pm

Lighten up Francis.

38. gunnlino
    June 9, 2010 3:48 pm

Biggest reason I’ll NOT be watching ANY of the local TV news broadcasts for the next two weeks. It will be all Benny all the time.

Never a bigger waste of time, er that is, except for Say What? and his asshole self.

39. Al Lambrini
    June 9, 2010 3:55 pm

Steelers meh. I am pretty tired of hearing about Ben and the other reprobates on this team, the sooner they go away the better. In terms of thugs and sociopaths per capita this batch of steelers is about on par with bungals and rat birds. On a positive note I am pretty stoked about Pitt football and plenty of quality high school football coming our way I do no think I will miss steeler nation hoopeyville all that much this year.

40. TK
    June 9, 2010 4:07 pm

From the Post-Gazette:

“Let me ask you what position he had you in,” the Milledgeville detective asked.

“I honestly don’t know. I was so, like, frazzled. I didn’t know what to do. I was just, like, sitting there and I was, like, ‘We really don’t need to do this.’ Because the entire time his [genitals were] out of his pants, and I was, like, ‘This really isn’t OK,’ you know. It was, like, it just happened so fast.”

Other than her constant use of the word ‘like’, the best part of the article was she didn’t know what position they used because:

“IT JUST HAPPENED SO FAST”

There’s something Ben will have to live down.

41. Virginia
    June 9, 2010 4:23 pm

TK: I had no idea where you were going with that comment and then you got there and I’m all LOL! Hilarious.

Say What?: You seem upset with the fact that I “outed” you by calling you by your other alias, and I want to address that. You are on record that you find my Steelers posts and my blog “tired” and then the last time I posted about the Steelers, you again took issue with it and then I mentioned to you to brace yourself because I would be posting a Benny post at some point in the near future. So when I do finally make a Ben post, you decide to pick a fight with me under a new alias, well, yeah, I’m going to call you on that so that you know that I know exactly who I’m talking to.

42. Noelle
    June 9, 2010 4:42 pm

I think you should broom all the flakes, it’s a much nicer place to be that way.

43. DG
    June 9, 2010 5:24 pm

I just want him to shut up and play football. This has to come out when there is nothing else (like, for example, a giant oil spill) for the local media to focus on.

44. Sooska
    June 9, 2010 5:28 pm

won’t watch the tapes. won’t watch the supposed redemptive interviews cause I don’t believe a word. he is saying that stuff only cause he was forced to. you don’t change your character in a matter of weeks, nor do you get off the sauce in a few days. he doesn’t really care and neither do I. *yawns*

45. BeauJacques
    June 9, 2010 5:36 pm

LMAO @ TK

@Say What- BUSTED by Ginny! HAHAHA

You GO girl!! :-)

46. SpudMom
    June 9, 2010 6:14 pm

Wow. NW PA Joe/Say What?/What the heck is your problem seems to have so little life and so much free time that he/she will find any excuse possible to pick on Ginny.

I just don’t understand why people can’t click away from something they don’t like on the internet whether it be Ginny’s blog or something else. Is this some kind of mutant superpower that only I possess? I certainly don’t find it all that difficult to find something else to read when I’m not interested in the page I’m on.

No one is asking you to like this blog or Ginny herself, Say Whatever your name is. But, if you have that much of a problem, take a cue from a stormtrooper and MOVE ALONG.

47. Carpetbagger
    June 9, 2010 6:16 pm

We bow to Say What?’s unimpeachable integrity. No one else on this blog, nay, on this Internet, can rival your adherence to consistency and continuity.

That said, you’re boring. Hypocrites are much more fun.

48. Suburban Nor'Side Girl
    June 9, 2010 6:51 pm

If someone is a hypocrite because she says she watched one video that was part of a group of videos that she says she didn’t watch because the one she watched wasn’t part of the group that she says she wasn’t going to watch . . . geez that’s confusing. . . anyway if said person is a hypocrite because she did . . .didn’t? watch something, what do we call the person who changes names to comment on a blog that he thinks is lame in the first place?

49. Noelle
    June 9, 2010 7:08 pm

Dear Suburban Nor’Side Girl,
    A honkin’ douche nozzle. Or as my native ‘burger husband says, a jag off.

On a completely different subject, did anyone see the most recent episode of NCIS? Russell Crowe guest stars and plays a Pittsburgher and actually uses the expression “how are yinz?”. Several times during the episode Cote de Pablo (a CMU grad) calls him “Yinzer”.

50. NewBurgher
    June 9, 2010 7:57 pm

Ginny – you should add a “like”/”dislike” button so that we can “dislike” the posts of people who bring up stupid shit for no reason except just to be a pain in the arse – like what’s his name. Sort of like Facebook, except they’re too lame to add the “dislike” button. A pile of “dislikes” would be kind of like a cyber blanket party. Fun!