A picture I am surprisingly not vomiting over.

I guess I really have forgiven the big jerk.

However, if this was a picture of [swallows down the bile] Chris Pronger or Scott Hartnell touching, holding, kissing, caressing, or drinking from the hallowed Cup, I would not only be vomiting, I would be stealthily meeting with my war advisers to devise elaborate plans involving tunnels, the cover of night, The Intersect, Chucknerdherdesqueflashy kung fu moves, mirrors, ninja outfits, [pew pew pew], Steely McBeam, a helicopter, lightsabers, and GPS, to steal the Cup from the filthy clutches of the asshole cavemen on skates.

It’d be a risk on Steely McBeam’s life for sure, but that’s a risk I’d be willing to take.

1. Robert E Hunt Jr
    June 11, 2010 9:52 am

And I find it even more astonishing that the entire state of PA, the country and the world don’t understand that we just don’t give a shiat what you all think.

So, sincerely, by all means, please occupy your time and energy with an irrational hatred of people and places you know little to nothing about. It’s really noble work you’re doing.

2. Robert E Hunt Jr
    June 11, 2010 9:58 am

>> ha! “predictable” is what happens to the flyers in stanley cup finals, and the eagles in NFC championship games.

Point well taken. Toosh.

Of course, if I really was the typical Philly fan as you seem us, I’d say that “predictable” is also what happens to a girl when Ben Roethlisberger has a few belts in him but since I’m not, I won’t.

3. houndogg
    June 11, 2010 10:09 am

“I’d say that “predictable” is also what happens to a girl when Ben Roethlisberger has a few belts in him but since I’m not, I won’t.”

LOL! that’s actually funny! eff’ing ben had to screw up everything (literally, unfortunately)! call it even???

4. Robert E Hunt Jr
    June 11, 2010 10:44 am

>> call it even???

Done.

You know, I really do like Pittsburgh, the city. Been there a few times and had a ball each time.

What’s not to like? Good solid people, great food, interesting things to see and do, passionate sports fans, several top shelf universities, semi-crazy politicians, a colorful history … and Ginny. Everybody wins.

With that said, however, it’s relatively easy to say that about any other city (sans Ginny). Having been born and all grows up in and around Philadelphia, it has those exact same qualities … Just in different forms and flavors.

Of course, there are bad apples in Philly. Every city has them. Personally, I laughed my ass off at that moron Phillies fan on the electric end of a Taser a few weeks ago. That dude went down hard, man. Highest of high comedy. Major giggles.

So yeah, Philly has its jerkwads and gangsters and corrupt politicos and hit-or-miss sports teams. Most cities do. Including your beloved Burgh. No harm in admitting that universal truth.

Later, y’all. (Translation: yinz).

Have a good one.

5. Matt
    June 11, 2010 3:24 pm

Now that everyone has cycled through their cross-state eternal enmity, let’s get back to the critical point: it’s not Ovechkin holding the Cup.

6. chrys
    June 12, 2010 1:34 am

I haven’t read everyone’s posts, but I am on th eside of Marian Hossa winning the Cup than the “filthadelphia Cryers” winning.. at home!! It was a pretty exciting series.. congrats Chicago! :)

7. chrys
    June 12, 2010 1:40 am

ohh.. also.. Cryer fans really are a bunch of douche bags.. the boo-ing when Chicago got the Cup was disgusting!! As for the whole “we don’t hate you as much you hate us”?? I call bullshit!! It’s a rarity to hear your fans cheer “Let’s Go Flyers”.. all I ever hear is “Crosby Sucks!”.. I’m sorry, but it sounds like the Pens are in your collective head. You morons can’t even cheer for your team.. al you can do is cheer against us. Here’s a clue.. it isn’t the same thing, morons! LOL! Cryers suck!! LOL!